Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:10:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS has set a trap for the American government and they are walking right to it  (Read 1372 times)
Robert Paulson (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:50:45 PM

the same trap Bin Laden used to cripple America.

step 1: somehow provoke the American government.
step 2: hide in difficult terrain forcing the government to spend a trillion dollars bombing said terrain.
step 3: watch the American economy implode due to government debt and money printing.
bonus points:
get the American government to terrorize its own citizens in a desperate attempt to tax even more money out of the population with laws such as FATCA.
get the government to pass fascist laws such as the "patriot act" in a desperate attempt to spy on everyone.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:59:56 PM

America knows exactly what it's doing. They love any chance to invade a country with a reason the public can get behind and going after dem terrorists that r threatening r freedoms is a perfect excuse and always an easy sell.
Robert Paulson (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:07:42 PM

America knows exactly what it's doing. They love any chance to invade a country with a reason the public can get behind and going after dem terrorists that r threatening r freedoms is a perfect excuse and always an easy sell.

no America (by that i mean the government) doesn't know what its doing.
if it knew what it was doing it would understand that you can't spend a trillion dollars on a war when your enemy spends less than a million.
especially when you are already deeply in debt from the last war and barely hanging on by continued borrowing and money printing.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:24:32 PM

if it knew what it was doing it would understand that you can't spend a trillion dollars on a war when your enemy spends less than a million.
especially when you are already deeply in debt from the last war and barely hanging on by continued borrowing and money printing.

They want to spend trillions of dollars that's the point. They don't care about debt or their citizens but their corporate buddies. That money that they spend is taxpayers money which gets transferred to private pockets. That's what politicians are there for. It's called war corporatism and business is good.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:36:28 PM

I never thought I'd find myself defending the American government, their plan of bombardment is shitty and they are just going to get innocent people killed while ISIS hide in the mountains the same way the Taliban have been doing for decades, the difference is though this time they're backing the Kurds and they're one of the few groups in that region that the regular people actually trust, adding to that, they have the balls to actually fight ISIS and their regions have been relatively safe compared to the factions that America previously backed along with treating their people far more fairly ( as far as we know ) compared to those other groups.

I actually think things might be different right now purely because they are backing Kurdistan, the Kurds have even made a peace deal with Turkey and are working together with Iran to take down ISIS, to be honest though, if anything does happen that will benefit Iraq and get rid of ISIS, it won't be because of America in the end, it will be because of the Peshmerga troops on the ground.
PeanutCoins

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:41:44 PM

The Obama administration is going to repeat the mistake Bush administration did with Pakistan. Now they re going to repeat the same mistake in Iraq and Syria. No need to send American troops in these spots.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:41:57 PM

So you say America shouldn't do ANYTHING against ISIS? Someone has to do something about them. The way ISIS want a own caliphate by murdering and raping all non-Islamist should be stopped by someone.

I'm sure they hit atleast some ISIS fighters by bombing. Yes, civilians too. But at the other hand, way more civilians will have been killed if NO ONE does something against ISIS.  They should increase the attacks on ISIS. Increase the force against ISIS with every decapitation they make, don't do what they want.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

The Kurds are doing something about ISIS and are very close to creating their own state, how about learning something about the history of the place you're trying to invade? You moron.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-syria-kurds-20140910-story.html
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:47:11 PM

The Kurds are doing something about ISIS and are very close to creating their own state, how about learning something about the history of the place you're trying to invade you moron?

I know they are, and many countries are already supporting them. But, like they say theirselves, the need for example airsupport from the USA. And probably a lot of more technologies etcetera. ISIS are terrorists. Sure, you can say some positive things about their rules "inside the caliphate". But the way they want to realize this caliphate, by brute violence, should be stopped somehow.  Why not supporting the Kurds? By airsupport and bombing.. Less deaths for the Kurds right? More success?

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:49:18 PM

Yeah, because that worked so well in Liby- Oh wait! Cheesy The most America can do without fucking things up is sending financial and technological support to the Kurds, but the thing is, they tried that in Iraq originally and now ISIS has their stuff, I think you just need to accept the fact the American government has no fucking clue what its doing.
PeanutCoins

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:50:10 PM

So you say America shouldn't do ANYTHING against ISIS? Someone has to do something about them. The way ISIS want a own caliphate by murdering and raping all non-Islamist should be stopped by someone.

I'm sure they hit atleast some ISIS fighters by bombing. Yes, civilians too. But at the other hand, way more civilians will have been killed if NO ONE does something against ISIS.  They should increase the attacks on ISIS. Increase the force against ISIS with every decapitation they make, don't do what they want.

Just bomb out the fugitives and keep fire ready when they regroup again. If America will train and arm the rebels they will turn their guns towards USA tomorrow like Afganistan. But the USA has not learnt the lesson.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:59:36 PM

Just bomb out the fugitives and keep fire ready when they regroup again. If America will train and arm the rebels they will turn their guns towards USA tomorrow like Afganistan. But the USA has not learnt the lesson.

That kind of paranoia is exactly why the kurds don't like America very much and just want to fight for themselves lol they know accepting American help means being their protectorate for the rest of their lives and never being truly independent.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:01:31 PM

I agree that the US basically has to borrow marginal dollars for international action against IS.  However, I don't think sending a few thousand advisors and parking drones over the region with a few Super Hornets on call are going to bankrupt them.

The domestic arena is safe until there is another strike inside the US.  Then I agree, the US will inevitably overreact internally against its own people as it always has in the past.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:05:43 PM

.... Do you know how a 'few' of those super hornets and drones cost? LOL

http://fcnl.org/issues/foreign_policy/understanding_drones/

http://nation.time.com/2012/11/06/12548710-60/

$12,548,710.60, apparently Tongue

And that took me about 5 seconds to google, so that's $13,000,000 rounded up for every time the kurds need something bombed which will obviously be quite a few things, sure, you'd be right in thinking that it costs less than a few jets and an entire aircraft carrier but 13 million is still a ridiculous amount.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:03:08 PM

step 2: hide in difficult terrain forcing the government to spend a trillion dollars bombing said terrain.

You are wrong there. Bombing the ISIS positions will cost at the most a billion USD or so, if the operations continue for more than a year. On the other hand, ground operations are extremely expensive, and it can cost hundreds of billions of USD, if the operations goes on for a long time. So I have to say that bombing the ISIS targets is a very viable option.
Robert Paulson (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

You are wrong there. Bombing the ISIS positions will cost at the most a billion USD or so, if the operations continue for more than a year. On the other hand, ground operations are extremely expensive, and it can cost hundreds of billions of USD, if the operations goes on for a long time. So I have to say that bombing the ISIS targets is a very viable option.

just wait, Obama is stupid enough to eventually take the bait and start ground operations as well.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:19:22 PM

Hopefully, there will be one day which America
won't be able to pay it's debts. That will be good news.
They will not be able to do any wars.
The time is close. China will be the #1
country in gdp by 2020-2022
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:26:49 PM

Hopefully, there will be one day which America
won't be able to pay it's debts. That will be good news.
They will not be able to do any wars.
The time is close. China will be the #1
country in gdp by 2020-2022

LOL

China was supposed to surpass US by 2005. Then it was 2007, then it was 2009, then it was 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2022 so on.

US economy is growing again, and china's growth is shrinking. At the current sizes, US economy can easily outpace china by the end of 2020 and make sure there is no competition.

Just as importantly, the competitive sector of the economy ranging from manufacturing and services are returning home, not to mention china has serious structural flaws and internal loans that make US housing bubble look good in comparison.

Know the facts Smiley There's a reason why the whole china thing is turning sour these days.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:34:32 PM

.... Do you know how a 'few' of those super hornets and drones cost? LOL

http://fcnl.org/issues/foreign_policy/understanding_drones/

http://nation.time.com/2012/11/06/12548710-60/

$12,548,710.60, apparently Tongue

And that took me about 5 seconds to google, so that's $13,000,000 rounded up for every time the kurds need something bombed which will obviously be quite a few things, sure, you'd be right in thinking that it costs less than a few jets and an entire aircraft carrier but 13 million is still a ridiculous amount.

LOL they cost almost that just sitting around.  The issue is the marginal cost which is not significant for the US.
Robert Paulson (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:26:10 PM

just wait, Obama is stupid enough to eventually take the bait and start ground operations as well.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/13000-us-troops-to-be-deployed-to-iraq-officials/5404295?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=13000-us-troops-to-be-deployed-to-iraq-officials

what did i tell you, the idiot took the bait, prepare to be bankrupt.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: