Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:16:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus and Homosexuality  (Read 1540 times)
PeanutCoins (OP)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:53:25 PM

O.K. why is it that homosexuality is such a problem with religious conservatives when he never directly condemned it, but they can get divorces, fight wars, judge people, and hold wealth when Jesus did condemn it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:56:42 PM

Because the problem is these morons take bits of the bible they like that they think goes along with their stupidity and try to twist it into something its not, it's like how they claim in the constitution something along the lines of "Congress shall define marriage as between a man and a woman" the problem is the keyword there DEFINE which means it defines it, it hasn't actually made it illegal for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman, of course, they're stupid so they don't pay attention to that.

It's like how they attack science and claim its all bullshit and yet here they are, making threads on something science created, talking on something science created, attacking science. Holy shit the irony you see in the world whenever you actually try and think about the things people say. These people are pre-programmed to spout their bullshit from an early age and they don't think about it, so when you actually try and get you to think about it they just end up repeating themselves or start trying to change the subject because they don't like having to think it.

Trust me, I've been around, it's not just you thinking about this stuff and it's a load of crap I know Cheesy they're morons and that's all there is to it.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:01:37 PM

O.K. why is it that homosexuality is such a problem with religious conservatives when he never directly condemned it, but they can get divorces, fight wars, judge people, and hold wealth when Jesus did condemn it.
Do you disagree that Jesus claims to be God in the flesh, according to the gospels?

Also, a question first:  If several of us were in a room that had a north door and a south door, and we were given instructions by the manager to only exit by the south door - while it is true that the manager did not mention the north door, do we not know what his thoughts are on the north door?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PeanutCoins (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:09:02 PM

Do you disagree that Jesus claims to be God in the flesh, according to the gospels?

Also, a question first:  If several of us were in a room that had a north door and a south door, and we were given instructions by the manager to only exit by the south door - while it is true that the manager did not mention the north door, do we not know what his thoughts are on the north door?
Jesus's claims certainly eluded to the notion he was God in the flesh. Next your door analogy does not really work because Jesus was laying down rules for married people. The door analogy might work against gay marriage but not homosexuality in general. The argument boils down to adultery and you cannot commit adultery if you are not married. 

zolace

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:13:46 PM

Jesus's claims certainly eluded to the notion he was God in the flesh. Next your door analogy does not really work because Jesus was laying down rules for married people. The door analogy might work against gay marriage but not homosexuality in general. The argument boils down to adultery and you cannot commit adultery if you are not married. 
The door analogy works because Jesus had these two positions:

Marriage is between a man and a woman for life.

Sex is only for marriage.

You can conclude alot from that regarding divorce, homosexuality, rape, bestiality, adultery, etc.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Why do you care about what people who get their morals for a book of fairytales and folklore?
zolace

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

And, he does make it clear that He and God the Father are One.   But, even apart from that, he constantly extolled the God of the Old Testament.  He had no issue with the law handed down to Moses.

And, he makes clear his endorsement of Paul's teachings (Book of Acts, for example).

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
PeanutCoins (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:33:34 PM

Because the problem is these morons take bits of the bible they like that they think goes along with their stupidity and try to twist it into something its not, it's like how they claim in the constitution something along the lines of "Congress shall define marriage as between a man and a woman" the problem is the keyword there DEFINE which means it defines it, it hasn't actually made it illegal for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman, of course, they're stupid so they don't pay attention to that.

It's like how they attack science and claim its all bullshit and yet here they are, making threads on something science created, talking on something science created, attacking science. Holy shit the irony you see in the world whenever you actually try and think about the things people say. These people are pre-programmed to spout their bullshit from an early age and they don't think about it, so when you actually try and get you to think about it they just end up repeating themselves or start trying to change the subject because they don't like having to think it.

Trust me, I've been around, it's not just you thinking about this stuff and it's a load of crap I know Cheesy they're morons and that's all there is to it.
The only people who have a problem with homosexuals are those who have been brainwashed by religion to hate them.
No one else has a problem, unless it's an individual/isolated case. ....like say.... they hate clowns because they were frightened of them once as a child.

PeanutCoins (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:38:00 PM

Why do you care about what people who get their morals for a book of fairytales and folklore?
I care less about what people choose to do with their life’s or bodies,what i want in this thread is some opinions,pro and against to see what others things about homosexuality and Jesus.

latinna

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:49:42 PM

These bigots seem to thrive on fear and ignorance.  That they think that they alone can interpret what and who Jesus was is their biggest problem IMHO.

Any religion taken to the extreme is evil.........because it's been tainted by man.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:50:00 PM

And, he does make it clear that He and God the Father are One.   But, even apart from that, he constantly extolled the God of the Old Testament.  He had no issue with the law handed down to Moses.

And, he makes clear his endorsement of Paul's teachings (Book of Acts, for example).

It is in purpose not reality. For example, my father is doctor and I am a doctor too, so I can say me and my father are one but that doesn't mean I and my father are ONE. It is in purpose. Please read verses before it to become more clear. I'sa prophet was messenger and came to teach good things and about belief of one god. Smiley

~~MZ~~

PeanutCoins (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:52:51 PM

And, he does make it clear that He and God the Father are One.   But, even apart from that, he constantly extolled the God of the Old Testament.  He had no issue with the law handed down to Moses.

If you would had spent a little more time reading the New Testament, you could come away confident in the fact that Jesus never mentioned homosexuals or homosexuality, and never said anything very significant about marriage. ..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP was not about marriage equality/ Gay marriage, but was about tolerance.

Did I miss the boat here?  If I did, then I humbly apologize.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:53:48 PM

Absolutely wrong! We can make a friendly debate about that matter if you want. I can assure you that Jesus isn't a god. Smiley

~~MZ~~

latinna

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:01:09 PM

If you would had spent a little more time reading the New Testament, you could come away confident in the fact that Jesus never mentioned homosexuals or homosexuality, and never said anything very significant about marriage. ..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP was not about marriage equality/ Gay marriage, but was about tolerance.

He exhibits classic delusional behavior.  There's nothing we can do or say.........
zolace

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:05:05 PM

He exhibits classic delusional behavior.  There's nothing we can do or say.........
So, are you saying that your  post above can be interpreted in any manner also?If not, then your objection is silly.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:43:11 PM

Such is life.  Jesus said that those who followed him would get that kind of treatment from folk like you .  We are actually to rejoice when we are maligned for following Jesus.

Though, frankly, for me, doing it via the internet will not be the real test.  Good preparation though.

Anyway, as we are on this subject, from Romans 1, since it does explain well the reason for this.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;
19 because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, [even] his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse:
21 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves:
25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.
28 And even as they refused to have God in [their] knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful:

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:48:48 PM

O.K. why is it that homosexuality is such a problem with religious conservatives when he never directly condemned it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=780788.0

Grin
PeanutCoins (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:50:00 PM

Such is life.  Jesus said that those who followed him would get that kind of treatment from folk like you .  We are actually to rejoice when we are maligned for following Jesus.

Though, frankly, for me, doing it via the internet will not be the real test.  Good preparation though.

Anyway, as we are on this subject, from Romans 1, since it does explain well the reason for this.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;
19 because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, [even] his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse:
21 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened.
23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves:
25 for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due.
28 And even as they refused to have God in [their] knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 backbiters, hateful to God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, unmerciful:
That's one of the main problems with you emotionally/ mentally challenged religious assholes....Just because you believe the Bible says it's OK to hate gays doesn't mean it's right.

latinna

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:59:18 PM

That's one of the main problems with you emotionally/ mentally challenged religious assholes....Just because you believe the Bible says it's OK to hate gays doesn't mean it's right.
We cannot reason with a zealot - let him have his beliefs.  I just don't think Jesus would approve of their bigotry - and it's my right to believe that.  As it's his right to believe that gays are bad.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 04:30:43 PM

We cannot reason with a zealot - let him have his beliefs.  I just don't think Jesus would approve of their bigotry - and it's my right to believe that.  As it's his right to believe that gays are bad.

+1. To be honest, I really don't like gays. There are many problem when being a gay. You can see many scientific affects of being a gay, just search... Roll Eyes

~~MZ~~

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: