Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:33:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy ignoring tickets  (Read 1879 times)
CaptainAK (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:31:13 PM

Who else has put in a ticket at Cryptsy in the past few weeks only to have the ticket ignored after the initial contact?

I noticed a wallet down Aug 23 and decided to let them have a day or two to sort it out. Nothing happened, so on Aug 30 I put in a ticket.

Immediate response was:

Hello Captain,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We had a server outage last night and many wallets are involved. Network Admin and BigVern worked through the night to get things back online with new server and we are now adding wallets to the server, redownloading the chains and getting them back in service.

We ask for your patience as we do this. For security reasons I cannot list the wallets affected, but I can tell you that we are bringing them back in order of volume.

Sincerely,
L***
Cryptsy Team Leader
Cryptsy.com

Add 2 Factor Authentication

Official Cryptsy Facebook

Cryptsy Blog

OK... so these 2 problems are not connected, but I will give them a chance to fix it. After all, the wallet I was asking about is fairly low volume, but I have quite a few coins in their wallet and having access to them would be nice.

Yeah.... no go on getting fixed.

So I replied to the ticket and Mullick picked it up. Excellent! No really. He knows his stuff and I know he can fix it.

It has now been sitting at "Being Processed" for "13 days 23 hrs" with no progress, I have replied to ticket every couple of days, but no answer. I have PM'ed Mullick, no answer.

Did I somehow upset someone by asking if a wallet can be fixed? Or is this just normal Standard Operating Procedure? Or did I slip through the cracks?

Anyone have similar experiences?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:21:05 AM

This issue should be resolved PM me if it was not.
CaptainAK (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 02:53:51 AM

PM'ed you.
CaptainAK (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 01:49:26 PM

Hi BitJohn,

I was just wondering if there had been any movement on this. I noticed you guys added an icon to wallets that have issues and that is good, but we still need to wallet fixed. If you need it I can send you a copy of the .dat files to replace what you have downloaded. And I know where the explorer is if you need that.

Let me if I can help move this along at all, since the wallet has been offline for a month now and the ticket has been untouched for 24 days.

Oh and if you are going to just stop supporting the coin, just say so, so I can stop wasting my and your time.

Thanks,
CaptainAK
CaptainAK (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:53:18 PM

So it has now been over a month and no movement on this. And now Spots2 is having issue also and been offline since the 20th. I can provide help. I am fairly certain I can do it in a matter of minutes. Do you need a copy of the blockchain? More seed IP addresses? What needs to happen to get this fixed?
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:20:52 AM

I have seen a seperate thread discussing cryptsy having withdrawal issues with BTCD in larger amounts. I suspect the issue is they are growing too fast for their infrastructure to be able to keep up (both in terms of staffing and in terms of hot wallet levels) 

I personally would keep my money away from them until they are able to get their shit together

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:37:10 AM

This issue is completely due to issues with the Nibble Block chain and multiple forks. Nibble is a nearly dead coin. We have contacted CaptainAK several times asking for assistance and he has provided. It is a Nibble coin issue not a Cryptsy issue though we are doing what we can to attempt to sync the nibble wallet there is no active developer currently.
CaptainAK (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:41:00 PM

BitJohn is quite correct. This is a Nibble chain issue of getting onto the correct chain. Cryptsy is doing a good job of expanding their infrastructure and have moved past their earlier growing pains.

Nibble is a very small volume coin and while it does have some good spikes, I can understand not putting a lot of effort into it.

That being said, BitJohn, I noticed that Mullick has altexplorer.info running on the correct chain with 13 connections. http://altexplorer.info/chains/NBL/block_crawler.php

If he can get it connected there, why not on Cryptsy also? He could actually use his own site (I know, it is still experimental Smiley ) as a connect client and sync your wallet to it, with no issues.
BitJohn

@Bit_John

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:13:54 AM

BitJohn is quite correct. This is a Nibble chain issue of getting onto the correct chain. Cryptsy is doing a good job of expanding their infrastructure and have moved past their earlier growing pains.

Nibble is a very small volume coin and while it does have some good spikes, I can understand not putting a lot of effort into it.

That being said, BitJohn, I noticed that Mullick has altexplorer.info running on the correct chain with 13 connections. http://altexplorer.info/chains/NBL/block_crawler.php

If he can get it connected there, why not on Cryptsy also? He could actually use his own site (I know, it is still experimental Smiley ) as a connect client and sync your wallet to it, with no issues.

Let me go kick him and find the answer I appreciate your patience.
CaptainAK (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

This issue has now been resolved. Thanks all!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: