Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasteading and bitcoins!  (Read 938 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:59:14 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 05:19:48 PM by cuddaloreappu

In the Oceans , a new paradise is being built,by Peter thiel the  living John galt of our times...

Bitcoin will be the currency in the libertarian land on oceans.

and lets discuss how will bitcoin and seasteading will get along..

http://www.seasteading.org/about/faq/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasteading

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2gad67/til_about_the_libertarian_paradise_island_that/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5RszFHuDhU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:01:06 PM

"In the long run, platforms are more suitable than ships (see “Why not just buy a boat?”). The Seasteading Institute commissioned the marine engineering firm Marine Innovation & Technology to design Clubstead, a prototype seastead design. Clubstead has 368,200 ft2 of room space for 200 guests and staff quarters that can accommodate an additional 70 people. Clubstead’s total estimated price tag is $114,333,000."

If bitcoin is the currency for buying space in islands, then this alone could take bitcoin price to moon will millions per coin
allgoodthings1

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:01:00 PM

Seasteading Institute is a registered 501(c)(3), to which you can make tax-deductible contribution.

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0

IRS 501(c)(3) Public Charities That Accept Bitcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758674.0
Avoid U.S. Taxes on Bitcoin. Give to Charity. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=627860.0
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:15:28 PM

I like seasteading as a concept for the same reason I like the idea of establishing multiple colonies in space that are just far enough apart that we aren't stepping on each other's toes. International waters is one place where people can try out new social, economic, and political models without dragging everybody who would rather not be involved into it. If one seastead fails for whatever reason, the people involved can move back to land or to other seasteads as long as it's understood that they're refugees who ought to not force their failed models on wherever they end up.
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:18:28 PM

aww i wish i could get away and go live on my own little community like this
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:19:25 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2gad67/til_about_the_libertarian_paradise_island_that/
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:23:13 PM

New seasteading thread pops up every 4 months. I'm certain, the demand is there.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:25:34 PM

New seasteading thread pops up every 4 months. I'm certain, the demand is there.

yes, but its not a demand for making the project, its a demand to be the fund holder of atleast 250,000 bitcoin......

.... and then run off.

we do not need a concentration camp for bitcoins, as:
that is the idea of lazy basement dwellers that cant be arsed to actually get shops in their own town to accept bitcoin.
that is the idea of lazy basement dwellers that cant be arsed to learn which laws are actually applicable in their area.
that is the idea of lazy basement dwellers that cant be arsed to lobby their local government to support bitcoin

do you know that it costs less than $50k (100btc.. not 250k btc.. just 100btc) to convert all the shops onboard atleast 5 cruiseliners combined to to accept bitcoin. thus making them bitcoin cruiseliners because they accept bitcoin.

plus each of these cruiseliners have more rooms than the seasteading ship proposed in this topic. so multiply that by 5..
this means that in an actual real life scenario you can have 5x more people going to a bitcoin cruiseliner for 2500x less cost.

think about that!!

"its more expensive to build a new planet, than it costs to fix the one you live on"

same with the mission to mars. they say it will cost billions to send a couple dozen.. yes just a COUPLE DOZEN people to mars..
really think about that in a normal human reality mindset.

those billions could be used far more wisely to make every business in new york, london, paris, amsterdam, bangkok, ...... blah blah (all world capitals) accept bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

i will also add that not only is seasteading seen as a concentration camp for maybe 200 people max.. you have to realise that out of those 200 people 80% of them will be captains, waiters, chefs, cleaners, engineers NOT entrepreneurs....

and lastly if people think that it can be used for the publicity, you really need to ground yourself and get a grip on reality. and with that i will for one moment join you in space to help you understand..

.....Redbull strato's.. skydiving from space....

lots of money was pushed into that idea, well advertised, millions seen it, but guess what.

A total of 5.387 billion cans of Red Bull were sold worldwide in 2013, representing an increase of 3.1% against an already very successful 2012.

3.1% increase

so lets imagine bitcoins market cap was this same 5.387billion .. now a 3.1% increase is just changing bitcoins price from $450 to $463.95.

you do realise that i can personally push bitcoin far higher with alot less funds then what it cost redbull to advertise and produce redbull stratos.

so please people when seeing these big idea's please think about the true costs, the benefits and the long termactual effect it will have.. NOT the dream or the fun side of the dream

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:07:08 AM

It does not need to be luxury. Back in the days, Tribes seasteading on the ocean for centuries ( polynesian? ) did not need millions, but piles of logs tied together.

Now we probably have better materials, ocean-worthy. We just have to get together, hire a person who has catamaran/ship building experience, and we all are his helpers. In 6 months we should have a prototype floating construction that can safely steading near a shore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: