Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price will double on this news  (Read 2340 times)
CryptoCurrencyInc.com (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:12:20 PM

A tweet from Max Keiser:
https://twitter.com/maxkeiser/status/505451583912820736

"Bitcoin price will double on this news: UK seeking to bar Russia from using SWIFT banking network – report http://on.rt.com/a9n8ml "

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:14:22 PM

A tweet from Max Keiser:

"Bitcoin price will double on this news: UK seeking to bar Russia from using SWIFT banking network – report http://on.rt.com/a9n8ml "

Someone should tweet him back saying "But Max, Russia already ban bitcoin! "

LOL i hate this clown so much, i wish i'm close to meet him to show his true skin.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:10:45 PM

Im hoping people will begin to move away from comments like these.

Bitcoin price only goes up when consumer adoption begins.  And we are not to that point yet. 

Demand en masse must occur for the price to rise.  We are still in merchant adoption phase.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
pringbit

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:26:12 PM

If bitcoin's value would double it will be still under the previous ATH... when a news which will triple the price?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:44:56 PM

i prefer bitcoins price to rise due to actual adoption of people using bitcoin to send funds to UK<->Russia because they cant use FIAT. i do NOT want bitcoin to rise on the fake news of speculation of the news.

ACTUAL usage to cause bitcoin rise is best. as its more sustainable to create higher resistance points.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:41:23 PM

News doesn't move bitcoin. This is one more example. The Russian situation is definitely something to watch though
dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:14:08 PM

A tweet from Max Keiser:

Bitcoin did not double on the news, nor will it likely cause the price of bitcoin to move. It has long been known that economic sanctions are going to be placed onto russia as punishment for their involvement in the ukraine.
liquidiser

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:47:58 PM

UK seeking to bar Russia from using SWIFT banking network

So they have to get the whole EU to agree to this? That could take forever, if it's even possible to get them all to agree to the same thing at the same time
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:54:37 PM

News doesn't move bitcoin. This is one more example. The Russian situation is definitely something to watch though
Yea if bitcoin just moving on news then we are already touching 10000$ but its need something more then these news

dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:22:41 PM

UK seeking to bar Russia from using SWIFT banking network

So they have to get the whole EU to agree to this? That could take forever, if it's even possible to get them all to agree to the same thing at the same time
They all agreed on the euro. I would not be surprised if all of europe were to agree to this however I don't think the russians would be buying bitcoin in masse because of this. There are few ways to use bitcoin in russia and the government is not exactly friendly towards bitcoin
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:37:47 PM

I think not

first of all, it's not even sure if the sanctions go through, and what effect the sanctions will have.

second, Russia banned bitcoin and it's unlikely they'll allow bitcoin to be used.

Yes, i know you can still use bitcoin even if it's not allowed bu your government, but as you can see from china, people do not really want to do illegal things, especially if they do not understand the benefit yet.

I dont see how this news is good for bitcoin in any way, let alone that it will double the value.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:39:37 PM

If bitcoin's value would double it will be still under the previous ATH... when a news which will triple the price?

technically the ATH is €3200 now (about $4100) so the price needs to increase by 9 times to reach ATH. (Although the previous ATH was a flash rally and lasted only a few hours and only on one exchange and only for euros)
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:01:29 PM

A tweet from Max Keiser:

LOL i hate this clown so much, i wish i'm close to meet him to show his true skin.

Isn't Max Keiser on this forum as well? (I think I saw that somewhere lol)
You could create a thread asking him to talk to you. xD

But I also don't think this news will double the price of bitcoin. There have been several other good news recently that had no effect on the price, so I don't think this will help. As others said, only widespread adoption is likely to work on the long term.

Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:06:34 PM

The more interesting story is the potential for a currency crisis with the British Pound and/or the state of affairs for Scotland should they secede (which, for the long-term, I definitely think they should but in the short-term it will be painful for them). Of course, even this involves countervailing impacts. On the one hand, more people might use Bitcoin for remittance purposes, temporarily. On the other hand, it makes the dollar a stronger reserve currency which weakens gold and probably Bitcoin at least in dollar denominated value.

All of these things are, of course, speculation. Meh.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

Nowadays everybody dismisses this saying that price isn't affected by news.

Back when news did affect price people would have said that it would affect news.
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:44:28 AM

Im hoping people will begin to move away from comments like these.

Bitcoin price only goes up when consumer adoption begins.  And we are not to that point yet. 

Demand en masse must occur for the price to rise.  We are still in merchant adoption phase.

-B-

This is pure nonsense.  It rose a billionfold without consumer adoption.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 02:46:57 AM

A tweet from Max Keiser:

but seriouscoin, bitcoin is not optional, is mandatory

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:48:19 AM

News is already built in basically a non event.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 02:59:35 AM

News is already built in basically a non event.

its not. not this kind of news. no way in hell.

I think max saying its going to double on this news is nuts. but hes got the right idea, banks and or governments regulating and controlling what its peoples can or cannot do with "their" money, will only further bitcoin's cause.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:12:53 AM

No.

Paypal itself made nothing to the price.

And it is a promise too, nothing concrete so far.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: