Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:51:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Bitcoin miners i got 0.2BTC to spend (UK)  (Read 1260 times)
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:08:47 PM

not alot i know but im mainly after USB miners so i should get a few i hope Cheesy
UK and EU preferred

tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:33:22 AM

not alot i know but im mainly after USB miners so i should get a few i hope Cheesy
UK and EU preferred

Maybe you can get used S1 for it.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:07:00 AM

Any reason why you want usb miners? I have an old Nanofury NF1 2GH/s usb miner somewhere if you're interested. Problem is that these are so underpowered now it wont be worth having your pc on to run it, or even 100 of them.

I can sell you an S1 for 0.2 + postage and throw in the Nanofury for free if you want it.

S1 runs standard at 180GH/s. You will however need a minimum 450w / 500w quality psu to run it. Mine have been run off Corsair and Antec / Seasonic psu's which I've found are very reliable. You should be able to pick a used one from ebay for about £25 / £30.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:54:14 AM

Any reason why you want usb miners? I have an old Nanofury NF1 2GH/s usb miner somewhere if you're interested. Problem is that these are so underpowered now it wont be worth having your pc on to run it, or even 100 of them.

I can sell you an S1 for 0.2 + postage and throw in the Nanofury for free if you want it.

S1 runs standard at 180GH/s. You will however need a minimum 450w / 500w quality psu to run it. Mine have been run off Corsair and Antec / Seasonic psu's which I've found are very reliable. You should be able to pick a used one from ebay for about £25 / £30.

sadly im not really interested in S1's there a pig on power and per Watt are worse than most USB miner which people dont seem to realize
plus i just like the little Usb miners they dont take up much room i can pick up dirt cheap hubs for £5 to run 10 of them and everything is wired into a cheap £10 power supply

FYI
Nanofury puts out      2 GH/s at 2.5w       750Mhs per watt
Antminer S1 puts out  180GH/s at 360w    500Mhs per watt
on electric price my break even is 500M/h per watt right now (bitcoin needs to go up £100 or so before i switch my S1s back on)

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:01:58 AM

sadly im not really interested in S1's there a pig on power and per Watt are worse than most USB miner which people dont seem to realize
plus i just like the little Usb miners they dont take up much room i can pick up dirt cheap hubs for £5 to run 10 of them and everything is wired into a cheap £10 power supply

FYI
on electric price my break even is 500M/h per watt right now (bitcoin needs to go up £100 or so before i switch my S1s back on)

Ok buddy no problem sounds like you know what you're doing.

For what its worth I'd rather have 1 x S1 @ 180GH/s using more power than 90 x USB miners, hubs and hastle.

Been there and done that was more trouble than it was worth Cheesy.

Good luck with your search Smiley.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:10:29 AM

FYI

For what its worth I'd rather have 1 x S1 @ 180GH/s using more power than 90 x USB miners, hubs and hastle.

i still want the nanofury off you Cheesy let me know what you want
i dont seem to have to many problems with it everything's pretty well setup now i worked all the bugs out with ASIC block erupters and after a week of tweaking got everything else sorted for new miners with extra power draw

id love to add extra s1's but i doubt there going to break even and i cant find anywhere in the UK selling cheap enough electric to break even im on 14p per kwh
and the cheapest i know of is 12p per kwh

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:23:43 AM

FYI

i dont seem to have to many problems with it everything's pretty well setup now i worked all the bugs out with ASIC block erupters and after a week of tweaking got everything else sorted for new miners with extra power draw

id love to add extra s1's but i doubt there going to break even and i cant find anywhere in the UK selling cheap enough electric to break even im on 14p per kwh

Ok of course you can, how does 0.04 sound delivered?

That's good I'm glad you've got them all set up and running ok, I never had that luxury Cheesy.

I know what you're saying about UK electricity prices, think I'm paying about 14p too.

I'm selling off my S1's now so buyers can earn something from them before they're completely worthless / useless in a few months time.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:36:14 AM

FYI

That's good I'm glad you've got them all set up and running ok, I never had that luxury Cheesy.

I know what you're saying about UK electricity prices, think I'm paying about 14p too.

I'm selling off my S1's now so buyers can earn something from them before they're completely worthless / useless in a few months time.

i was aiming more around 0.01 even then its pretty much 10 month until return

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:55:01 AM

FYI

Sorry I'd rather keep it to show my grandchildren in 30 years time than sell it for £3 Cheesy.
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:57:06 AM

FYI

Sorry I'd rather keep it to show my grandchildren in 30 years time than sell it for £3 Cheesy.

got to have a start point somewhere so how about 0.02

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:04:11 PM

FYI

Thanks for your improved offer, sorry buddy I have changed my mind the thought of showing it to my grandchildren and telling them about early day bitcoin mining is much more appealing. This is a classic 'retro' usb bitcoin miner. You'll see these on antiques roadshow in a few years time fetching hundreds of pounds Cheesy
vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:08:31 PM

FYI

Thanks for your improved offer, sorry buddy I have changed my mind the thought of showing it to my grandchildren and telling them about early day bitcoin mining is much more appealing. This is a classic 'retro' usb bitcoin miner. You'll see these on antiques roadshow in a few years time fetching hundreds of pounds Cheesy

almost as retro as my ASIC Miner Block erupters and hope your right about that id earn £1000's
fair enough ill have to keep looking.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:10:40 PM

FYI

almost as retro as my ASIC Miner Block erupters and hope your right about that id earn £1000's
fair enough ill have to keep looking.

Yes exactly Grin. Good luck with your search, noticed there's a few on ebay at the moment going for half decent money though.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:19:43 PM

I have 3 Drillbit boards (8 bitfury chips each) and a backplate and other bits and pieces for sale. About 60 Gh/s I think. The original thread is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266235.0
Make me an offer.

(Not with me at the moment or I'd send a photo)

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:29:11 PM

Also two USB devices with 2 bitfury chips on each. I think one of them is called a Bi*fury stick, but can't remember what the other one is. Pictures attached, perhaps you can find them. Make me an offer

vm1990 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:39:11 PM

Also two USB devices with 2 bitfury chips on each. I think one of them is called a Bi*fury stick, but can't remember what the other one is. Pictures attached, perhaps you can find them. Make me an offer

let me know what your asking im thinking 0.05 for the bi*furys and the others but let me know what your asking and we can work something out

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: