Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: The Magic 8 Ball thread  (Read 1767 times)
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 02:51:02 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2012, 09:41:45 PM by Blitz­

i'll wager you 5 btc that we'll test the resistance at $5.50 before we see $4.90 again

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 03:21:48 PM

i'll wager you 5 btc that we'll test the resistance at $5.50 before we see $4.90 again
I will gladly take this bet up. I bet 5 BTC that 4.9 will be hit before 5.5.

Do we have a deal? Cool
wait a min it has to go up 40cent  VS go down 20Cent

the odds should be 2:1

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 05:45:23 PM

I will gladly take this bet up. I bet 5 BTC that 4.9 will be hit before 5.5.

Do we have a deal? Cool
wait a min it has to go up 40cent  VS go down 20Cent

the odds should be 2:1

Shhhhh.  I'll take that bet too.  Can blitz and I split it between the two of us?  Wink

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:32:56 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 09:28:02 AM by Blitz­

alright let me clarify the terms and i'm good with this. i said test the resistance at $5.50 so let's say the price has to reach >$5.45 before it touches $4.90. and as pointed out, it's a little lopsided so i'll take the bet with both proudhon and blitz such that i'll pay each of them 5 btc if the price touches $4.90 first, and each of them should pay me 10 btc if the price reaches past $5.45 first.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:45:56 PM

completely understandable. in order to balance the wager, i'll go with 5 btc either way. so the bullish gains are balanced by the lower odds of a larger price movement. 5btc to the winner same terms. you and proudhon still in?

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 10:04:49 PM

ill take separate wagers with you both, each for 5 btc, if he agrees of course.

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 07:19:22 AM

coins are on their way. and yes it seems it was an extremely ill-timed wager, indeed Cheesy

GroundRod

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 10:28:25 AM

You guys are way funny  Grin

...playing around with what I consider massive amounts of real money,

and ya that bet sure was won/lost fast....
mysteriousawake

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 02:29:52 PM

so taker of the wager was the manipulator.... lol

DONT FORGET TO DONATE IF I HELPED YOU
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 03:45:51 PM

...playing around with what I consider massive amounts of real money,

Is my sarcasm detector not working, or was this serious Tongue

(BFL)^2 < 0
GroundRod

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 04:45:02 PM

Ya it was serious, lots to learn & been sd/rx small transactions practically every day off of 3BTC seed donations, I've got my units set to milliBTC's and yet to execute a trade from fiat or sell anything of value until May 10th or so.  Even then, blowing ~$25usd on a whim is 1/2 a weeks worth of gas driving to/from work for me, so 5BTC still seems like allot.  Tried mining for a month with Slush, just to get a feel for what in the heck this BTC world was all about, very useful in that regard, however with just this old pc doing cpu mining @2.7MH/s it took almost that long to get above the minimum threshold required to finally get a payment of 0.01BTC sent.  Done doing that, so ya, my perception @ the moment is 5BTC is allot of wealth.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 06:55:41 PM

Ya it was serious, lots to learn & been sd/rx small transactions practically every day off of 3BTC seed donations, I've got my units set to milliBTC's and yet to execute a trade from fiat or sell anything of value until May 10th or so.  Even then, blowing ~$25usd on a whim is 1/2 a weeks worth of gas driving to/from work for me, so 5BTC still seems like allot.  Tried mining for a month with Slush, just to get a feel for what in the heck this BTC world was all about, very useful in that regard, however with just this old pc doing cpu mining @2.7MH/s it took almost that long to get above the minimum threshold required to finally get a payment of 0.01BTC sent.  Done doing that, so ya, my perception @ the moment is 5BTC is allot of wealth.

please explain "sd/rx small transactions practically every day off of 3BTC seed donation"

i dont understand.

GroundRod

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 11:35:56 PM

Quote from: adamstgBit
please explain "sd/rx small transactions practically every day off of 3BTC seed donation"
No biggy, a number of us on a closed forum have been helping each other get started with BitCoins, that's all.  Sending/Receiving (sd/rx) 50-200mBTC amounts (milli=1/1000BTC), to help test other member wallets, as they get it setup for the 1st time.  Plus there is a fellow producing mp3's, I like listening to his thoughts & as he started accepting BTC's, so I send him 100mBTC's now and then.  You can stretch a couple BTC's along way, if your conservative & by going to dailybitcoins once/day it covers the transaction cost.  Our admin donated 40BTCs to the 1st 20 people that could get setup to start using BTC's, that pool went fast, and so a number of us are now giving back, so others can use that seed money over again, the idea is to get more new members started in using BitCoins, that type of thing.  I'm kinda hoping to help get 100 new BTC users within this 1st 60 days of starting the project, would like for it to have been 500, but as U know acceptance takes time.  If we could get a hundred on board, I'm thinking it might just avalanche quickly up to 800 or more. 

Sorry about the thread drift OP, please continue, I honestly think it's fun to watch you very early adopter folks blowing Bookies around on a price swing bet.   Wink

Hope that answers your question adamstgBit,  just trying to do my part & grow the community.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 01:15:01 AM

No biggy, a number of us on a closed forum have been helping each other get started with BitCoins, that's all.  Sending/Receiving (sd/rx) 50-200mBTC amounts (milli=1/1000BTC), to help test other member wallets, as they get it setup for the 1st time.  Plus there is a fellow producing mp3's, I like listening to his thoughts & as he started accepting BTC's, so I send him 100mBTC's now and then.  You can stretch a couple BTC's along way, if your conservative & by going to dailybitcoins once/day it covers the transaction cost.  Our admin donated 40BTCs to the 1st 20 people that could get setup to start using BTC's, that pool went fast, and so a number of us are now giving back, so others can use that seed money over again, the idea is to get more new members started in using BitCoins, that type of thing.  I'm kinda hoping to help get 100 new BTC users within this 1st 60 days of starting the project, would like for it to have been 500, but as U know acceptance takes time.  If we could get a hundred on board, I'm thinking it might just avalanche quickly up to 800 or more. 

Sorry about the thread drift OP, please continue, I honestly think it's fun to watch you very early adopter folks blowing Bookies around on a price swing bet.   Wink

Hope that answers your question adamstgBit,  just trying to do my part & grow the community.

this is why bitcoin rules

what is this closed forum? how did you guys get interested in bitcoin?

I think the 5BTC bet was just to keep it interesting. no point having a 0.01BTC bet. I dont think these guys have 1000's of bitcoins even if they have been around since the earlier days. In any case 25$ is 25$ just because they "got them cheep" doesn't mean they are worth less to them. Their just keeping it interesting.

are you setup to start buying bitcoins yet?

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:32:59 AM

this is why bitcoin rules

what is this closed forum? how did you guys get interested in bitcoin?

I think the 5BTC bet was just to keep it interesting. no point having a 0.01BTC bet. I dont think these guys have 1000's of bitcoins even if they have been around since the earlier days. In any case 25$ is 25$ just because they "got them cheep" doesn't mean they are worth less to them. Their just keeping it interesting.

are you setup to start buying bitcoins yet?

I am also interested in this forum.  Subscribing.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
GroundRod

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:37:41 AM

@notme -
@AdamstgBit - Thanks for the encouragement, your 1st questions require a long answer, will try to start a thread and link that stuff up...

As to your last question, yes I've got an account setup on CampBX, & need to ship out a money order to them asap, smell a big buying opportunity coming up here & don't want to miss the dip(s)... Shocked
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 04:45:43 AM

@notme -
@AdamstgBit - Thanks for the encouragement, your 1st questions require a long answer, will try to start a thread and link that stuff up...

As to your last question, yes I've got an account setup on CampBX, & need to ship out a money order to them asap, smell a big buying opportunity coming up here & don't want to miss the dip(s)... Shocked

the rally starts next Monday

just think once your setup, you can get your friends to do almost anything for 1000milli bits  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: