Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Campbx now restricts bill pay to verified users  (Read 1561 times)
Splatter (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 10:29:28 PM

FYI everyone, I was waiting for a billpay deposit I made last week and logged into campbx today to read their blog.

"Online bill pay deposits will only be available to verified Accounts with immediate effect"
From one day ago.

Verified means ID etc, so I'm not really interested. Hopefully they will process my deposit since it has already cleared, but from now on it's money orders, or switch to bitinstant. Not the paranoid type, but i have to wonder if this is the start of a crack down on bc users.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 12:51:07 AM

They had a lot of bill-pay related fraud, so I can hardly blame them. Although driving to a location to deposit cash isn't the easiest thing, it is probably the only way to get money in with solid reliability.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Splatter (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 01:04:16 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 03:06:49 PM by Splatter

I don't blame them for changing the policy to protect the service, that is the companies choice.

But when a transfer takes 5-7 business days to complete making an arbitrary change like this without notice  is going to gum up people's transactions sitting on people's money like me, and make them mad.

Either clear the funds or refund them NOW, since campbx made the decision Wed they should have already done this if they had no intention of moving the funds into our accounts.
Splatter (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:23:08 PM

So it's now Monday, almost two weeks after initiating this transaction, Put in a ticket Thursday, and campbx has decided to remain silent.

What is going on, I know you have an account on here,  how long do tickets take? Why didn't you refund the money as soon you you decided not to let unverified users make bill payments? Why am I now a week after the money should have cleared wondering were is my cash?

Unacceptable
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 12:36:01 AM

Hi Splatter,
      I have pinged the treasurer about your issue, and will get it resolved shortly.  We are sorting through the backlog of tickets due to Dwolla and Bill Pay changes.

Thank you,
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:46:35 AM

We are sorting through the backlog of tickets due to Dwolla and Bill Pay changes.

The FAQ still shows the following:
 - https://campbx.com/faq.php    <-- Under "Money Deposit Methods"

P2P Direct Deposit:
If you have a verified account, we offer P2P direct deposits from four major banks in the USA:
Chase
Bank of America
Wells Fargo
ING

Is this what is meant by the "Bill Pay" support from this thread?   

If not, is a Bill Pay still available?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Rudd-O

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 10:48:19 AM

I am interested in that answer as well.
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 06:13:08 PM

Hi Stephen and Rudd-O,
      Bill pay and P2P are separate methods.  Bill pay had a very long float-time for our users (over 10 days in most cases) so in August 2012 we replaced it with P2P deposits for verified accounts. 

We support P2P from four major banks listed in the FAQ.  Turn around time is 3 days for P2P deposits.

Thank you,
      Keyur

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: