Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:13:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin is a revolutionary technology  (Read 733 times)
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:12:33 PM

This is from March 2011, back when Bitcoin was still very much a stealth technology that almost no one had heard about. Bear in mind that this man had not even heard of Bitcoin when this was recorded.

Jeremy Rifkin on the second communication revolution

"What is so interesting about this second generation communication revolution is that it's quite different than the first. I grew up on the first, centralized communications, top down. This second revolution is what we call distributed, and this is the key word.
If people hear nothing else about what I'm saying, distributed, distributed, distributed. Now, two billion young people can send their own video, audio, and text to each other at the speed of light, open-source, peer to peer. It's completely distributed. Think file-sharing, youtube, wikipedia - it's a revolution.
This ICT revolution, communication information revolution, is just now in the last year beginning to converge with the new energy regime."
-Jeremy Rifkin

I'm currently reading his excellent book:

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: