Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:37:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coin will become the first safe haven away from Bitcoin?  (Read 1526 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:04:17 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 07:06:34 PM by DieJohnny

Looking for the coin that will have high correlation for going up when Bitcoin goes down, and why.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:49:01 PM

Why even leave bitcoin?

I'd say PPC or Myriad, PPC is the first Proof-of-stake coin and has been out long enough for its price to reliably level out, Myriad is the first truly multi-algo coin (an improvement in chain security/network decentralization) that trashed its price with constant 1k block rewards that halve every year, so it's not dominated by a few whales.

Most anything that rockets in price right off the bat is a scam. A true currency keeps a steady value. Most these coins are no different than shill penny stocks.
McDowell

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:54:13 PM

Looking for the coin that will have high correlation for going up when Bitcoin goes down, and why.

In your shoes, I would buy NEM and NXT.
Surely both of them are the best examples of the second generation which probably will have the power, the support, the technical attributes to survive most of the altcoins.

My personal favorite with the most potential is NEM:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

Well, in the altcoin-section are many other coins, too. Maybe we all make a huge mistake with our chosen altcoins. You can't get a guarantee for everything.
But in case I could just choose 1 altcoin, it would be NEM.

Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:58:49 PM

Surely both of them are the best examples of the second generation which probably will have the power, the support, the technical attributes to survive most of the altcoins.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

Well, in the altcoin-section are many other coins, too. Maybe we all make a huge mistake with our chosen altcoins. You can't get a guarantee for everything.

+1 if you like centralization where you making the NXT and NEM devs super rich , I would go for these two.
Abel82

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:48:26 PM

+1 if you like centralization where you making the NXT and NEM devs super rich , I would go for these two.

You cannot enrich NEM-devs. They just get about 1% of all available NEM.
Therefore it is NOT possible to enrich them.  Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:37:05 PM

this isn't the NY Stock Exchange.. the methods + terminology do not apply here sorry.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:02:58 PM

Why even leave bitcoin?

I'd say PPC or Myriad, PPC is the first Proof-of-stake coin and has been out long enough for its price to reliably level out, Myriad is the first truly multi-algo coin (an improvement in chain security/network decentralization) that trashed its price with constant 1k block rewards that halve every year, so it's not dominated by a few whales.

Most anything that rockets in price right off the bat is a scam. A true currency keeps a steady value. Most these coins are no different than shill penny stocks.

Bitcoin was revolutionary. Emphasis on the was. I'm not here to say which coin will take the number one spot, but lessons need to be learned from Bitcoin's mistakes. As big as Bitcoin is, its technology looks outtdated in comparison to what it's spawned in its wake.

Bitcoin is champ because it was first, and because it holds great amounts of wealth and support. The last two have been very slowly eroding away. Maybe just in the short term, maybe the long term. Nobody really knows. The only reason people want Bitcoin is because of its value. No other reason than that. It could as soon as be some crapcoin that got lucky and took top spot. People don't care about Bitcoin, they care about wealth. If enough of the market see a possible contender to Bitcoin, then Bitcoin could lose its crown.

I totally agree that the vast majority of coins are shill penny stocks, and it's quite sad to see people proclaim them to be "the next big thing". Hedge your bets, put eggs in many baskets, and hope you get lucky.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
hf100

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:23:55 PM

Bitcoin has the first mover advantage, but nobody can say for certain that another coin cannot take it's crown.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:39:39 PM

this isn't the NY Stock Exchange.. the methods + terminology do not apply here sorry.

Opposing markets have nothing to do with wall street or exchanges. It is a simple fact of life that when sales of some things (sunscreen) goes up, sales of other things (raincoats) go down.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:01:34 PM

you dodged me.. "safe haven" ?  Roll Eyes

there isn't one .

and there may not be one in the NY stock exchange but at least that is a regulated market with LAW !

you talk of an Altcoin safe haven ?
uhmm yeah sure.. save your money at Gox and your safe haven is "Doge coin" LOL

lemme know how that works out for you Wink

everyone knows it would be *at best Litecoin but when you look at it's current value and market history your left with a bad taste in your mouth.
Reality is right there staring at you point blank.. open your eyes.

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:03:11 PM

node will replace bitcoin soon
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

DOGE

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:26:25 PM

Monero (XMR). Secure, proven, best team, best technology AND backed by early Bitcoin adopters financially. Absolute no-brainer winner and the only answer to your topic's question.
God27

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

The 4th industrial revolution!

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:06:56 PM

XRP if you want to make a 425% yield by December.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:29:55 PM

you guys get what he meant by a "safe haven" ?

Lamalicious

Activity: 148

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:33:16 PM

DOGE

According to recent lie of the land dogecoin can be something close to what you need, but, IMO, it'd have the same story as LTC.

Monero (XMR). Secure, proven, best team, best technology AND backed by early Bitcoin adopters financially. Absolute no-brainer winner and the only answer to your topic's question.

I doubt it would be XMR because of simple reason - it's correlate with BTC in direct proportion.

hf100

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:45:21 PM

Most alts seem to be tied to bitcoin. bitUSD is supposed to be tied to the dollar, but it's too early to say for certain if it will work.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
MacDuro

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:49:54 PM

Why even leave bitcoin?

Myriad or Quark have both big potential,  specially Myr being really cheap right now and easy to mine with electrum wallet.
V500

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:01:36 AM

UNO

could become that in the future

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:56:20 AM

Riecoin is your safest bet as developer is constantly working on it without pay.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: