Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Stewart: "More millennials saying "no" to credit cards. Prefer to use BTC"  (Read 1579 times)
collinstar (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:11:21 PM

https://i.imgur.com/bC7b9He.png

Jon Stewart The Daily Show Tweets: "More millennials saying "no" to credit cards. Prefer to use Bitcoin ..."
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:14:49 PM

I smell sarcasm by the fact that he group bitcoin with "webcash" and "cyberdollars". This clown has been making fun of bitcoins b4.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:18:26 PM

I smell sarcasm by the fact that he group bitcoin with "webcash" and "cyberdollars". This clown has been making fun of bitcoins b4.

Whatever im re tweeting the guy, all news is good news, mention bitcoin at your peril.
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:20:15 PM

#Last2AreMadeUp this gives you a clue
AaronCraig

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:46:13 PM

You do realize it's a joke that's trivializing and dismissing bitcoin right?
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:54:54 PM

Apparently some idiots here dont.
 Like the fcktard, BitcoinNutJob...... how irony his username is.
TYT

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:05:11 PM

Yeah obviously he was joking with the Cybercash and Webdollaz hence the hashtag but hopefully he wasn't about bitcoin.
FuckItWhatever

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:06:41 PM

Milenials will be using btc before all the dinosaur investors.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:11:47 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 11:57:55 AM by BitCoinNutJob

haha look at you all upset

Air_Superiority

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:43:54 PM

Well I'm a millennial, so I can't vouch but I hope that Jon Stewart is right. Of course I know that a lot of people will never believe his words, but who cares?

I always want to share some thoughts with you. It's from reddit so you may saw them before. I agree with them and I find it's funny. I mean funny how things have progressed. Years ago people used to say something like "it's so hard to use this bitcoin, nobody takes it!". And what's now? Now people persuaded that "it's so hard to use this fiat, all the banks are closed and I can't deposit this money order til they open because apparently Walmart doesn't cash out USPS money orders and blah blah blah".
Bad Uncle

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:14:10 PM

Put it this way, regardless of his intention he is still a celebrity with a lot of followers tweeting about bitcoin so it's free publicity and will hopefully pique peoples' interest.
proofofarat

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:24:31 PM

But to be fair, this is pretty much the least denigrating to Bitcoin that a joke can get.
seriouscoin

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:45:00 PM

haha look at you all butt hurt

cute baby, wish you were this cute?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:06:28 PM

Will you morons stop quoting huge/annoying pictures to make it look like you have something useful to say?

Yeah, I like Jon Stewart most of the time, but lately him and his daily show team have gotten more and more political, there's nothing wrong with that, but they've been doing it fairly dishonestly lately. The more things have been going wrong for America and people call it out, I still remember his attack on Peter Schiff which was unpleasant to say the least because that interview was supposedly around four hours long and they butchered it down to a 2 minute segment, it was about the minimum wage and you could tell even the audience was confused over the sarcastic comments samantha bee was making because they were going "Haha?" lol.

I think as things get worse for them they're inevitably going to take it out on the people who disagree with them, Ron Paul was right, Bitcoin could well end the dollar and we are likely going to be blamed for it, too bad it's their own fucking faults that things have ended up this badly but they'll never admit that, I wouldn't be surprised if America starts trying to declare a war on Bitcoin soon enough and declares all Bitcoin users terrorists.

I hope I'm wrong :S I really do but it's not looking good, whenever people respond to people who want to be heard by being patronising or arrogant it doesn't end well because they're blocking the democratic process.
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:28:02 PM

Whatever im re tweeting the guy, all news is good news, mention bitcoin at your peril.
I wouldn't say that any news is good news (or any press is good press) for bitcoin. I am pretty sure that he was being sarcastic in this tweet, especially considering that there was a recent study that said US consumers overall said the opposite.

Sefton

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:35:16 PM

Will you morons stop quoting huge/annoying pictures to make it look like you have something useful to say?

Yeah, I like Jon Stewart most of the time, but lately him and his daily show team have gotten more and more political

Well it is a political talk show and it's always been that way so you can't expect anything different.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:38:13 PM

all millennials are under 15 years old. they cant even get credit cards if they even tried!!!

so this topic is meant to be a satire bit of sarcasm

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
nicked

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:42:18 PM

Jon Stewart is supposed to be comedian, so his sarcasm is usually funny. This tweet doesn't seem to be very funny, so maybe he was being serious?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

Yeah, I like Jon Stewart most of the time, but lately him and his daily show team have gotten more and more political

Well it is a political talk show and it's always been that way so you can't expect anything different.

I know that, I just think it's sad that these people are going to get incredibly petty now that they're having their ideologies directly challenged and threatened by frankly, a bunch of people like you and me with nothing more than some fucking computers and some forum posts, all we're trying to do is fix what they fucked up in the first place.

I miss the Marxists Sad
Stifler

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:51:18 PM

all millennials are under 15 years old. they cant even get credit cards if they even tried!!!

so this topic is meant to be a satire bit of sarcasm

They might not be able to get credit cards but they can get debit cards at least in my country.

Not to be confused with the user sifter Tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: