Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea Jails US Citizen to 6 Yrs Hard Labor  (Read 1393 times)
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:50:06 AM

This story doesn't sound plausible to me.
North Korea does some very strange things. Their legal system is not at all fair, and revolves around protecting the reputation of Kim Jung Lee. It is not uncommon to have very vague charges brought against you and then be found guilty after the court hears very vague evidence. It is very difference from the rest of the world
I understand this. I am just saying it sounds like an excuse they made up to imprison an American. Fits right in with the pretext that North Korea is the best Korea and it is so great he refused to leave.
I would believe that the NK press would spin his conviction this way to their people. Obviously this was likely not farther from the truth.

I am curious to know why so many Americans even go to NK in the first place considering the high rate of imprisonment of foreigners.  

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:23:58 AM

Welcome to North Korea
Here off to the labor camp with you thanks for destroying your passport enjoy your stay
Next time just take the tour first then ask lol.

Bae, a Korean-American described by Pyongyang as a militant Christian evangelist, was sentenced last year to 15 years' hard labour on charges of seeking to topple the North's regime.

Fowle entered the North in April and was detained after reportedly leaving a Bible at a hotel. His trial has been announced but no date has been set.

(Ah he walked into this one)

That said

The rebuttal compiled by the North's Association for Human Rights Studies insisted that its people enjoyed "genuine human rights" and that "serious misunderstandings" had arisen because of fabricated reports originating from hostile nations like the United States.

How much is US propagandize how much is accurate hard to tell with a black box aka North Korea lol.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: