Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:23:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: American dollar climbs most in 10 months while Bitcoin stagnates  (Read 3083 times)
tilray (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

The Federal Reserve is getting close to raising interest rates for the first time in eight years. This is the furthest the dollar has gone in six years in relevance to the Japanese Yen. According to the head of foreign-exchange strategy at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in London, Jeremy Stretch, there has been “a significant lift in volatility [in the market], and levels have moved up substantially,”

More @ http://cryptoconspiracy.com/american-dollar-climbs-most-in-10-months-while-bitcoin-stagnates/
kenobi

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

The Federal Reserve is getting close to raising interest rates for the first time in eight years. This is the furthest the dollar has gone in six years in relevance to the Japanese Yen. According to the head of foreign-exchange strategy at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce in London, Jeremy Stretch, there has been “a significant lift in volatility [in the market], and levels have moved up substantially,”

More @ http://cryptoconspiracy.com/american-dollar-climbs-most-in-10-months-while-bitcoin-stagnates/

Price has been pretty stagnant over the past few months, but venture capital activity has really exploded. You've even got Bitcoin specific funds (e.g. Boost.vc) supporting Bitcoin-related businesses. This is a good proxy for the innovation happening in the space.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:44:54 AM

We're all playing the waiting game of when Bitcoin goes back up to $1000+. It will happen sooner or later. I'm holding. Cheesy

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:48:33 AM

We're pushing 10 months of "stagnancy" (is that a word?).  Its three months longer than last years.  Its painful. 

But I just keep reminding myself that the launchpad for the rocket to the moon is currently being built (infrastructure/merchant adoption/regulation).  Got to wait for that to finish first.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4510

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:44:40 AM

12 months ago bitcoin was only $100 now its $470.... has the OP missed the point that fiat may change from 0.001% interest to 0.002%, whilst bitcoin has climbed over 470%

stagnation.. WTF.. first the cry about volatility then they cry of stagnation.. yet both have no clue

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

The threaten of Bitcoin to Bank becomes stronger, which illustrates that the Bitcoin system has the power to replace bank system. The more the bank ban Bitcoin, the stronger the life power of Bitcoin is. I will hold my Bitcoin  tightly, I believe its spring will come sooner or later.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:25:22 AM

I believe it's the beginning of that golden era for Bitcoin, the peak where it will rise like the morning sun and relish all the light. Cool Cool

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:55:42 AM

You know what has been climbing in value recently?

The Zimbabwe 100 trillion bill, from a low of ~$7 to a recent high of ~$26.

ALL FIAT IS SCAMCOIN. For most fiat, you just don't know it yet.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
needFREElunch

Activity: 196

Hi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:13:56 AM

I would disagree with this. Just because a currency has a very small unit of account does not make it overall worth less.

You should also remember that fiat is actually backed by something (the economy of the country of the government that issues it) while crypto currencies are not

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:37:09 AM

The Federal Reserve is getting close to raising interest rates for the first time in eight years.
The dollar is still the most important reserve currency and playing a significant role in the financial world. The event that interest rates will be raised soon will significantly change the market sentiment of dollar to bull. Every trader who know how big the dollar will be impacted by this event will not give up this great opportunity, will definitely dump the new created bitcoin and choose the dollar.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1573

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 08:50:22 AM

If the bitcoin stagnates, meaning BTC/USD rate sitting on the same level, and USD 'climbs'*, wouldn't that mean that BTC also 'climbs'?

*'Climb' in these terms means that Japanese Yen is losing value quicker than USD, not that USD is gaining in value (purchase power).
hoewer4what

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:07:09 AM

The Federal Reserve is getting close to raising interest rates for the first time in eight years.
The dollar is still the most important reserve currency and playing a significant role in the financial world. The event that interest rates will be raised soon will significantly change the market sentiment of dollar to bull. Every trader who know how big the dollar will be impacted by this event will not give up this great opportunity, will definitely dump the new created bitcoin and choose the dollar.

With Bitcoin you know exact amount of Bitcoins available at any time, with dollar you have no idea how many dollars available at any time - so you may get higher interest rate but also much more new dollars available reducting value of your dollars. So saying "great opportunity" is bit off
Vessko

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:58:45 AM

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:16:05 AM

What is it up 1% or something?  Grin  - sideways move before collapse somewhere in not too distant future is likely outcome.
Ektra

Activity: 137
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:03:43 PM

I would disagree with this. Just because a currency has a very small unit of account does not make it overall worth less.

You should also remember that fiat is actually backed by something (the economy of the country of the government that issues it) while crypto currencies are not

Everyone who owns bitcoin is part of our bitcoin economy, which is what backs the value. So exactly the same as freely traded fiats. If markets want to crash a fiat currency, it can and does happen just like bitcoin.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 02:33:54 PM

Bitcoin is backed by observable mathematical truth. The laws of the universe as we know them.

National FIAT scrip is backed by deception and violence.

Learn about the PETRODOLLAR.

This is how the value of FIAT is propped up:

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
grumpyoldtroll

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:57:35 PM

Dont pray that dollar will drop. It will surely create chaos. What will happen to all of us.
TheWallStreetCrew

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:59:31 PM

Miners still investing heavily in mining hardware. They have to get an ROI so they mine and sell mine and sell mine and sell.

Until changes, price will continue to fall.  Maybe the next block halving the rate of new miners coming online will decrease.

First Venture Capital backed Crypto | GetCLAMS-GCS | https://goo.gl/ER9djG
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:00:54 PM

Dont pray that dollar will drop. It will surely create chaos. What will happen to all of us.

Prayer is not needed. The dollar dropping in value has been a reliable constant. Fiat currencies completely losing all value is also a historical reality.

valein1

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:16:19 PM

May be so,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZQCkjVKy_I     Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: