Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:59:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin.  (Read 2205 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:37:32 PM

If truth is that Bitcoin's demise with its $8,000,000,000 market cap will boost Monero with its $6,000,000 market cap, and Bitcoin's stellar growth will lead to Monero's exchange rate going down vs. Bitcoin, then Bitcoin's welfare is not in Monero's best interests.

In practice, very few own more XMR than BTC by value. Especially the largest holders of XMR invariably own a lot more BTC. This means that the majority of moneros are in the hands that would rather see Bitcoin flourishing (even if it means that XMR goes down), and therefore the Monero community is supporting Bitcoin.

Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin.

The Monero camp is composed of large Bitcoin holders and if we collectively withdraw our support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin.

Not even mentioned the possibility that other honest bitcoiners might also want to switch allegiance. There are many. The 10-15k holders of XMR collectively trust it only $6 million. But the same guys trust Bitcoin up to $100s of millions. If they decide to sell this stash out of fear or retaliation, the price would be destroyed.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

Monero a hedge to Bicoin LOL

Monero is a scam coin piece of shit and nothing more.

The OP has so much faith and belief in XMR he post under a one day old newbie account.

If you have so much faith in this piece of shit, use your real account.

Unless your primary account instills less faith than this one.

~BCX~

It always cracks me up when I see these newbie accounts trying to make a point especially when it's clear they are afraid to post from their main account.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:58:13 PM

The OP has so much faith and belief in XMR he post under a one day old newbie account.

~BCX~

Word

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:40:35 AM

And this is why Monero is and will never go ANYWHERE.

It can be hacked by script kiddies as the code was written on the back of a napkin.

It has ZERO, I repeat ZERO infrastructure to support its growth.

Its a shitcoin, period.

demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:00:55 AM

I hate all this monero shit on the main page. It's not good when communities try to push their coin onto others like what you guys are doing. More spammy than informative.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:08:22 AM

The OP is an obvious troll who is creating a shit ton of these stupid threads. Best to ignore.

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:25:51 AM

The OP is an obvious troll who is creating a shit ton of these stupid threads. Best to ignore.

Yes, he is! <Moneroman88 IGNORED>
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:13:58 AM

or.. a Troll Trolling for Monero but pretending to be an anti-Monero Troll ? get it ? LOL

it's all cause and effect Wink

i could sit here and play mind games juggling accounts like you guys pretend you don't do all day LOL

i say to all the readers..
how hard would it be to create a new account to make it *seem like you are Trolling on a coin
so you can simply use it as a springboard for a flurry of defense replies ?

one of the most cliche'd topics here is a little formulaic game topic that gets played daily where some noob nobody
posts a topic asking about some new coin no one heard of.. saying something like "[POLL] Should MegaCookieChicken Changes it's hashing Algo ?"
When it's crystal clear that it's simply a topic for advertisement wrapped in a little game of lies and account juggling.
Shills here play games like mad !

The only thing that matters is what happens and not the "FUD accusations" Actions vs. Words.
The actions are loud and clear !

FUD first & ask questions later™
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:15:02 AM

Same for this guy.
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:18:52 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 07:10:23 PM by Moneroman88

so where's the proof? evidence? where is it? all I see is baseless claims stupid as fuck to queen it. Calling Monero a Scam is about as smart as attacking the United States. Tell me where do your claims make any sense? You feel all pumped up but you're all just smoke.

You're disloyal. Just because you don't truly and fully stand behind Monero... pff.. Leave this topic if junk spam is all you have to contribute. Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin and if you see it otherwise don't post here, easy as that.

and lastly, Spoetnik, just leave to your Jackpotcoin or Nxy marketplace whatever, the other kiddos are waiting desperately for their Mastertroll to give out some cookies
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:00:37 AM

so where's the proof? evidence? where is it? all I see is baseless claims stupid as fuck to queen it. Calling Monero a Scam is about as smart as attacking the United States. Tell me where do your claims make any sense? You feel all pumped up but you're all just dust and smokes.

You're disloyal. Just because you don't truly and fully stand behind Monero... pff.. Leave this topic if junk spam is all you have to contribute. Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin and if you see it otherwise don't post here, easy as that.

and lastly, Spoetnik, just leave to your Jackpotcoin or Nxy marketplace whatever, the other kiddos are waiting desperately for their Mastertroll to give out some cookies

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.msg8628539#msg8628539

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:36:28 AM

Monero a hedge to Bitcoin? ROFL delusional
Monero is absolute garbage waste scamcoin u little nifty boy.

and - conincidence ? LOL Busted
If truth is that Bitcoin's demise with its $8,000,000,000 market cap will boost Monero with its $6,000,000 market cap, and Bitcoin's stellar growth will lead to Monero's exchange rate going down vs. Bitcoin, then Bitcoin's welfare is not in Monero's best interests.

In practice, very few own more XMR than BTC by value. Especially the largest holders of XMR invariably own a lot more BTC. This means that the majority of moneros are in the hands that would rather see Bitcoin flourishing (even if it means that XMR goes down), and therefore the Monero community is supporting Bitcoin.

Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin.
=

In practice, very few own more XMR than BTC by value. Especially the largest holders of XMR invariably own more BTC. This means that the majority of moneros are in the hands that would rather see Bitcoin flourishing (even if it means that XMR goes down), and therefore the Monero community is supporting Bitcoin.

Monero can be regarded as a hedge to Bitcoin.

U Monero morons crack me up hard any day

~CfA~

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:09:47 AM

One more to ignore.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:25:52 AM

let's all follow smooth and put our fingers in our ears screaming LALALALALALALLALALALAALA
ROFL nifty boy ain't gonna help. ur scam and ur shills r exposed now what ?

~CfA~

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:37:35 AM

@Come-from-Above
Good eye !
Looks like the Crypto-Axis strikes again LOL ..another scammer exposed !
Interesting hmmm.. so we know who that irritating shill is then ? "The mighty Shill / Noob Reptile Observer"

funny they talk about ignoring people yet they fail to accept responsibility for their forum spamming LOL
it's like running around punching everyone in the face constantly then crying to ignore them..
and guess what ?
If you give them your BITCOIN i bet you they will ignore you LOL
Since Bitcoin is such an obsolete piece of shit and Monero is the future why won't these Monero shills give me all their BTC ?
And why would they be selling Monero (cryptonote-clone) coins for Bitcoin ?
Think about it.. are they after Monero or Bitcoin ?
Seems to me that all this clawing at our eyes and trolling advertising drama is all about parting YOU the reader from your Bitcoin !
..you know ..that jealous crappy coin that that is obsolete they say LOL

how many of you out there are sick of hearing about Monero constantly ?

what is worse is it's unraveling on them bad LOL

either you give them all your Bitcoin and kiss Monero Cheerleader ass or your the Troll enemy  Roll Eyes

I am starting to wonder if it's just one guy here with 30 accounts trying to rip off your Bitcoins for Monero.
My advice to people is to look at the merge mining pools available for Cryptonote coins and pick one of the other cryptonote clone coins.
At least then you can still get a cryptonote clone coin but with out all the irritating shill account hopping forum spammers hahha

YOU all better give them ALL your Bitcoin or else !
Don't you know ? Monero is no. 1 ..so gimme your Bitcoin !
Bitcoin wishes it was Monero.. So give me your Bitcoin  Roll Eyes

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:49:19 AM

drivel

Are you retarded? Or did you gift all your medication to CFA? Ask it back because it obviously doesn't do him any good.

I am not even in Monero anymore but the flood of ADHD kids dissing it and playing white knights for the good of the honest altcoin community (ROFLMAO)  makes me wanna buy a shitload just to help it succeed.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:52:48 AM

Most coins will grow with BTC. XMR is not an exception.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

~BCX~

I wouldn't be quite this obtuse, but it does not have any of the economic parameters of a "hedge" more like you can swap one monopoly for another.

Monero has not hit "base money" (version one)

a currency with a full distribution and that has had massive real provable market volume, however.

that is a different story....

and this is not me try to push it, more I'm telling you what will happen.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

Monero is about to hit "base money"

a currency with a full distribution and that has had massive real provable market volume

Absolutely. Monero is the only coin that has these qualities imminent. Bitcoin does not, all the random shitcoins (including "shitshares" like Bitshares, Nxt) do not by any means. Yet Monero XMR does, and much much more than that. Beyond that it is the best distributed of all. There's actually not a single point one could seriously critisize about XMR, making it very hard for the trolls. In my view 100% of all XMR troll attempts are easily countered within seconds because there is nothing, yes nothing, not one point, that could be legitimately brought up against Monero. It is the best coin. If some people neglect the facts that's fine, but reality will shatter the neglectors' delusions at some point, it is inevitable.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:55:23 PM

how many of you out there are sick of hearing about Monero constantly ?

Spoetnik, if you're sick of hearing about Monero, then you're your own worst enemy. Looking at your message history, almost all you have been doing lately is making negative comments about Monero, thereby bumping Monero threads. I had given you the benefit of the doubt in the past, but now it's obvious you're just trolling. Time to add you to my ignore list.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: