Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Gift Cards! (In Stock) 40% Exchange Rate.  (Read 1724 times)
JoePark (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:40:00 PM

I need to stock up on these for my Exchange business. I have about $800 worth of Amazon Gift Cards, PM me.  Smiley These are all bought with my credit card! New to this site but I have a lot of rep on other sites.
petestheman

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 11:43:26 PM

what do you mean by 40% rate. ex. 100 for 40 or 100 for 60

BINGO! BOUNTIES : BOUNTY AND COMMUNITY MANAGERS

FINDING CRYPTO PROJECTS WHICH CAN MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.
dinhoct

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:46:11 PM

Is it safe to buy Amazon Gift Card without risk of being reimbursed?

Sorry the question in your topic!
JoePark (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:46:47 PM

Yes it is safe, please send me a PM, I can clear up anything for you.

And the 40% is like say you have $100 BTC, I will give you $140 AGC.
petestheman

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 11:48:47 PM

Is it safe to buy Amazon Gift Card without risk of being reimbursed?
Sorry the question in your topic!

The theory is that it is not safe. But even worse is that it can be bought with a stolen cc and then you just feel like crap knowing that you accidentally stole from someone. Buying from newbs is not recommended because they do not have any trust.

JoePark (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:53:54 PM

I can prove it is not from a stolen credit card. I provide anything necessary to make the deal.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:06:57 AM

@OP - best story is to say you're using affiliate earnings whether you're legit or not. That's easy to prove if you actually do it, though, and so the buyer-preferred method. Proving you bought with a non-stolen credit card is more difficult since it's difficult to verify who you are unless you're willing to do something crazy like provide a trusted member a credit report emailed by a trusted reporting corporation... but then it'd still be difficult to determine whether or not you've committed full identity theft. It can't truly be proven you haven't hijacked websites for the affiliate earnings, but at least you'd need access to the sites' credentials for a significant amount of time without the original owner taking the account back, so it gives a feeling of security.

Nothing necessarily wrong with you, of course... just a really skeptical community. We've had problems in the past...  Wink AFAIK, though, Amazon eats the loss for anyone who bought stolen gift codes - they don't chase Johns down and take away their credits once applied (or at least, I've never heard of that). -So fwiw.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:08:53 AM

Are you selling the giftcards only or will you order the item and have it shipped to me directly?
petestheman

BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 12:09:41 AM

what do you mean by 40% rate. ex. 100 for 40 or 100 for 60

You didn't answer this.

wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:19:40 AM

@OP - best story is to say you're using affiliate earnings whether you're legit or not. That's easy to prove if you actually do it, though, and so the buyer-preferred method. Proving you bought with a non-stolen credit card is more difficult since it's difficult to verify who you are unless you're willing to do something crazy like provide a trusted member a credit report emailed by a trusted reporting corporation... but then it'd still be difficult to determine whether or not you've committed full identity theft. It can't truly be proven you haven't hijacked websites for the affiliate earnings, but at least you'd need access to the sites' credentials for a significant amount of time without the original owner taking the account back, so it gives a feeling of security.

Nothing necessarily wrong with you, of course... just a really skeptical community. We've had problems in the past...  Wink AFAIK, though, Amazon eats the loss for anyone who bought stolen gift codes - they don't chase Johns down and take away their credits once applied (or at least, I've never heard of that). -So fwiw.
According this this thread, amazon will reverse an applied gift card credit that is purchased fraudulently. The TL;DR version is that the OP of the thread bought a bunch of amazon gift cards on purse then sold them on ebay. Then the balances were changed to $0.00 by amazon and the balances applied were reversed. This may have been an exception to the rule as it appears to have involved a large amount or it is possible the OP is full of shit.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:26:45 AM

I can do all $800 worth at 40% off. I will order product(s) after I receive the cards and escrow will be released after the items have arrived. I would like to use DannyHamilton as escrow.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:27:32 AM

According this this thread, amazon will reverse an applied gift card credit that is purchased fraudulently. The TL;DR version is that the OP of the thread bought a bunch of amazon gift cards on purse then sold them on ebay. Then the balances were changed to $0.00 by amazon and the balances applied were reversed. This may have been an exception to the rule as it appears to have involved a large amount or it is possible the OP is full of shit.
Good to know. Guess it's best to spend it quickly. Undecided I had a great experience when bought house we're in -- got a nice discount on Amazon GCs for BTC in early days, furnished kitchen and took advantage of Prime still applying to large appliances - but the guy was well-known and trusted, if only in freenode rooms. Haven't heard from him in years.
PotatoMcGruff

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:58:38 AM

Good to know. Guess it's best to spend it quickly. Undecided I had a great experience when bought house we're in -- got a nice discount on Amazon GCs for BTC in early days, furnished kitchen and took advantage of Prime still applying to large appliances - but the guy was well-known and trusted, if only in freenode rooms. Haven't heard from him in years.
Probably serving 5 for identity theft and credit card fraud
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:07:40 AM

sounds like a typical cc theft situation  Roll Eyes
MisteredF

Activity: 437

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:20:49 AM

The theory is that it is not safe. But even worse is that it can be bought with a stolen cc and then you just feel like crap knowing that you accidentally stole from someone.

Then I guess a lot of folks feel like crap when they buy Starbucks cards for $20 - $??? here.  What's the difference between Starbucks & Amazon? 
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:35:05 AM

The theory is that it is not safe. But even worse is that it can be bought with a stolen cc and then you just feel like crap knowing that you accidentally stole from someone.

Then I guess a lot of folks feel like crap when they buy Starbucks cards for $20 - $??? here.  What's the difference between Starbucks & Amazon? 
Amazon generally goes for a very small discount, if any at all, because it's widely used and their margins are already thin. They're not a luxury, high mark-up kind of business, and Amazon's used by almost everyone. This is roughly the opposite situation with Starbucks.

Meanwhile, if I get a Starbucks or Best Buy gift card, which I personally have no use for, I want to try selling it, and I don't think it takes much imagination to assume far more people would want to sell over-priced specialty store GCs than "general goods" GCs. Amazon/Walmart/similar don't have a very high supply of GCs because people who receive them generally just use them directly -- basically, if you'll pardon abuse of the word, Amazon/Walmart/similar GCs are fungible, while Starbucks/BB/similar are non-fungible and thus sell at a steep discount.
MisteredF

Activity: 437

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:23:45 AM

Amazon generally goes for a very small discount, if any at all, because it's widely used and their margins are already thin. They're not a luxury, high mark-up kind of business, and Amazon's used by almost everyone. This is roughly the opposite situation with Starbucks.

Meanwhile, if I get a Starbucks or Best Buy gift card, which I personally have no use for, I want to try selling it, and I don't think it takes much imagination to assume far more people would want to sell over-priced specialty store GCs than "general goods" GCs. Amazon/Walmart/similar don't have a very high supply of GCs because people who receive them generally just use them directly -- basically, if you'll pardon abuse of the word, Amazon/Walmart/similar GCs are fungible, while Starbucks/BB/similar are non-fungible and thus sell at a steep discount.

You missed my point I think.  The post I quoted and replied to said "But even worse is that it (the Amazon cards) can be (originally) bought with a stolen cc and then you just feel like crap knowing that you accidentally stole from someone (that someone being the person whose credit card was used to steal them) " referring to the (alleged) stolen credit card owners not the company.  No one seems to care when the funds were stolen from someones credit card to buy Starbucks cards that are being resold but yet they should care with Amazon cards.

If anyone thinks these cards & codes being sold originate from  legit sources (be it Amazon, Starbucks, Spotify or whatever) they are truly fooling themselves. How could Starbucks legitimately sell a $100 gift card for a dollar value low enough that a "distributor"  can make money and then sell them to a "seller" who also has to make money and who then sells them for only $25.
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:24:46 AM

So the tl;dr is sketchy?

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:36:09 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 04:05:02 AM by Kluge

You missed my point I think.  The post I quoted and replied to said "But even worse is that it (the Amazon cards) can be (originally) bought with a stolen cc and then you just feel like crap knowing that you accidentally stole from someone (that someone being the person whose credit card was used to steal them) " referring to the (alleged) stolen credit card owners not the company.  No one seems to care when the funds were stolen from someones credit card to buy Starbucks cards that are being resold but yet they should care with Amazon cards.

If anyone thinks these cards & codes being sold originate from  legit sources (be it Amazon, Starbucks, Spotify or whatever) they are truly fooling themselves. How could Starbucks legitimately sell a $100 gift card for a dollar value low enough that a "distributor"  can make money and then sell them to a "seller" who also has to make money and who then sells them for only $25.
It'd be idiotic for someone to steal credit card information to use for a business where the gift cards are sold in second-hand markets at steep discount. They'd want to do it for Amazon, Walmart, etc, where gift cards trade near face value. An Amazon GC, then, I'd suggest is much more likely to come from stolen CC info than a Starbucks or Spotify GC.

ETA: my posts would be more comprehensible if I didn't post the exact opposite of what I meant. Roll Eyes
mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 03:38:21 AM

Yeah imma just lurk in this thread some more.. Super interested in jumping in on this, but will hold for now.

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: