Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:41:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the most lively online bitcoin forums for the UK and Germany, respectiv  (Read 2441 times)
manicminer (OP)

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:09:03 AM

What are the most lively online bitcoin forums for the UK and Germany, respectively?

I was not able to find any of them; with advanced Google searches.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3012

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:27:08 AM

Here's the German forum on Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=16.0
It currently has aroun 170k posts and is one of the oldest local forums here.

maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:17:30 AM

Bitcointalk without a shadow of doubt
I remember looking for the UK some time back, and the vast majority of user-generated content is on here

manicminer (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:34:07 AM

Re: Germany - the Bitcointalk Deutsch section is for speaking the German language, less related to Germany as a country; so how should non-German speakers engage with Germany related questions, but not in the German language?

In country specific user communities there used to be an English section for foreign guest to that country; you get the idea.

Re: UK - How UK residents find each other on the whole Bitcointalk forum for UK specific topics, as only a small percentage of members from the whole community are from the UK?

Bottom line: not only language but location specific forum communities or topics still make sense.
Frijj

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:44:28 AM

I'm not sure if there are specific english and german forums, but this is obviously the biggest (and best) bitcoin forum out there. I don't think there would be that much demand for a english-specific forum, but maybe you could open up a thread somewhere for that sort of stuff.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:56:35 AM

Re: Germany - the Bitcointalk Deutsch section is for speaking the German language, less related to Germany as a country; so how should non-German speakers engage with Germany related questions, but not in the German language?

In country specific user communities there used to be an English section for foreign guest to that country; you get the idea.

Re: UK - How UK residents find each other on the whole Bitcointalk forum for UK specific topics, as only a small percentage of members from the whole community are from the UK?

Bottom line: not only language but location specific forum communities or topics still make sense.

There are a decent amount of Ukers here, i think people are even more likely to want to stay anonymous vs normal internet forums.  People here seem less fussed about countries & borders when connecting with others.

Maybe someone could create BitBook like facebook for bitcoiners.
Moonpig

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:03:42 PM

There are probably a lot of 'Uk-ers' here. I'd guess we're probably one of the largest populations here after the USA.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:08:49 PM

Definitely can not fault sticking with bitcointalk, they have a range of forums for different languages that have a lot of informative posts and such and a lot of friendly people that are more than willing to help you out.
Zacfuh

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 01:25:22 PM

Bitcointalk has a section for German speakers.
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:28:35 PM

Definitely can not fault sticking with bitcointalk, they have a range of forums for different languages that have a lot of informative posts and such and a lot of friendly people that are more than willing to help you out.

This forum is great for a number of reasons. There's a wealth of information or be found here and many helpful people, and you can also easily make bitcoins by buying and selling stuff and also signature advertising. I don't know any other forum where you can earn money just from posting and I doubt they'll be any other bitcoin ones unless they get a hell of a lot of traffic.

Bitcointalk has a section for German speakers.

See post number 4.

Mccoy818

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:47:07 PM

There is a lot of people from the UK and Germany here. If you want, you can post on the bitcoin discussion thread and just call people from UK and German out there. Smiley
manicminer (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:18:48 AM

Sure, you want to stay anonymous for this, but you have some country specific issues come up, right? Then discussing it or looking for your country-mates on a big international forum is like searching for a needle in the haystack; not ideal to say the least.

In conclusion; my recommendation to moderation: why not make country-specific branches instead of language specific ones? Easy as that.

Thanks folks! Anyways, I use the existing structure the best I can.
barrybit

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:17:43 PM

There is no such thing. Everyone flocks in bitcointalk.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:20:02 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/

But it's a very peaceful place compared to here.
greeneye222

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:59:17 AM

Bitcointalk has a thread for bitcointalk users from Germany and UK. Even US doesnt have a decent bitcoin forum.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:16:57 AM

This may be a surprise to you, but a good number of members in the German section speak English too. I'm sure, if you coordinate with a mod you might be able to open an English thread there too, if the thread is about "German" matters.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
cock-a-doodle

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:35:06 PM

Ang why is that?
Jerome?

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:57:21 AM

Ang why is that?

Bitcointalk has everything.. Why look anywhere else?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
mmsen

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:55:51 AM

I much prefer to be thrown into one international pot such as bitcointalk than to be fragmented by national borders that really do not benefit me.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:15:45 PM

I much prefer to be thrown into one international pot such as bitcointalk than to be fragmented by national borders that really do not benefit me.

im british and id love a UK sub category. i use to talk about £ pounds alot and offering advice and stuff as if i was talking to other brits. but the yanks kept sending me PM's asking me to convert values to dollars.

theres many reasons for country based sub-categories rather than/also than language. as people can organise meetups and talk about their native currencies and local news as oppose to american based stuff

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: