Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:26:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had a time machine...  (Read 9074 times)
BitcoinFreak12

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 08:27:32 AM

I would go to 2100, hopefully by then the Keynesian ponzi scheme will end, and a true free and voluntarist Austrian-Economy society will welcome me where there would be no tyrants to rule over us.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:52:41 AM

To anyone going back in time to buy massive amounts of bitcoin you'd throw the balance of buy/sell's off and make changes to the price too early perhaps preventing us from ever hitting the peaks we had. Wink

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

{ BitSpill }
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:13:05 AM

I would go to 2100, hopefully by then the Keynesian ponzi scheme will end, and a true free and voluntarist Austrian-Economy society will welcome me where there would be no tyrants to rule over us.

Out of curiosity: assuming things go as planned, and that close to a century has passed, what would you actually do for a living? At the current rate of technological development, wouldn't you risk being hopelessly obsolete in such a society? Tongue

To anyone going back in time to buy massive amounts of bitcoin you'd throw the balance of buy/sell's off and make changes to the price too early perhaps preventing us from ever hitting the peaks we had. Wink

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

Not only that, but it could also prevent or otherwise dissuade those that would eventually promote and create infrastructure for Bitcoin from ever doing so in the first place.
BitcoinFreak12

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 10:22:23 AM

Out of curiosity: assuming things go as planned, and that close to a century has passed, what would you actually do for a living? At the current rate of technological development, wouldn't you risk being hopelessly obsolete in such a society? Tongue

I learn fast, besides a free society would only be full of opportunities. I mean do you know what "freedom" means?

I know its an extremist concept in these statist days, but it actually means I could do anything until I dont hurt anybody.
That means no monthy extortion or racket payments called taxes, no 2000 pages of laws and regulation, no begging for permits to the statists, no tyrranical dictators or bandits ruling over us. Free agoric anarcho-capitalism, a true and free voluntarist society.

So at worst case I would just make myself a rod of fishing and then go sell the fish on the street.

At best I would see what the trends are in the market and I would become a billionaire without paying any racket to the statists.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 06:18:01 PM

I learn fast, besides a free society would only be full of opportunities. I mean do you know what "freedom" means?

I know its an extremist concept in these statist days, but it actually means I could do anything until I dont hurt anybody.
That means no monthy extortion or racket payments called taxes, no 2000 pages of laws and regulation, no begging for permits to the statists, no tyrranical dictators or bandits ruling over us. Free agoric anarcho-capitalism, a true and free voluntarist society.

So at worst case I would just make myself a rod of fishing and then go sell the fish on the street.

At best I would see what the trends are in the market and I would become a billionaire without paying any racket to the statists.

Especially if you can get your fish in a government pond, stocked by government from a government fish hatchery...

Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
RixDollar

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:15:03 PM

I want to travel ahead about 50 years, like Biff, and get a Sports Almanac with all the scores in it.  Grin

Oh wait, I wouldnt be able to come back, scratch that.

I'd go buy a Sports Almanac now, and then go back 50 years. I can take it with me, right?
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:30:02 PM

I would like to go in middle age and to visit Genghis Khan empire too

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:51:41 AM

Year 10000, I want to know what it will be like god damn Sad(
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:09:39 AM

I don't want to put down your sense of self-reliance here, but it seems to me that you are severely underestimating how much society will change in the coming 100 years - barring any great upheaval, that is. You might be tempted to look back 100 years to help in making such a comparison, but that's likely not enough; perhaps 200 or 300 years would be more accurate.

You might call it a free voluntarist society on the surface, but underneath, you will probably have but a tenuous grasp of the culture and social norms of the time. How would you even interact with other people, when most would see you as a lunatic from another age? Further, technology will certainly have advanced far beyond our expectations: Facebook mark III? Try global telepathic messaging systems, or whatever. Tongue And even if things like genetic engineering haven't become commonplace by then, you would still be far removed from it all. In other words, a poor, destitute person of that period, having at least been born and experienced beforehand a portion of such a society, would have far better chances at a decent life than you, or most any person from this period, I'd think.

Also, even in an anarcho-capitalist society, land would still be owned by someone - at least the developed portions. So, if you actually found someone willing to deal with you, and you somehow had something they'd be interested in, wouldn't you still have some form of rent associated with your use of the land to sell fish, services, or what have you, as well as for accommodation? Perhaps not state imposed, perhaps better, but taxes by another name, nonetheless?
BitcoinFreak12

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 07:14:47 AM

I don't want to put down your sense of self-reliance here, but it seems to me that you are severely underestimating how much society will change in the coming 100 years - barring any great upheaval, that is. You might be tempted to look back 100 years to help in making such a comparison, but that's likely not enough; perhaps 200 or 300 years would be more accurate.

You might call it a free voluntarist society on the surface, but underneath, you will probably have but a tenuous grasp of the culture and social norms of the time. How would you even interact with other people, when most would see you as a lunatic from another age? Further, technology will certainly have advanced far beyond our expectations: Facebook mark III? Try global telepathic messaging systems, or whatever. Tongue And even if things like genetic engineering haven't become commonplace by then, you would still be far removed from it all. In other words, a poor, destitute person of that period, having at least been born and experienced beforehand a portion of such a society, would have far better chances at a decent life than you, or most any person from this period, I'd think.

Also, even in an anarcho-capitalist society, land would still be owned by someone - at least the developed portions. So, if you actually found someone willing to deal with you, and you somehow had something they'd be interested in, wouldn't you still have some form of rent associated with your use of the land to sell fish, services, or what have you, as well as for accommodation? Perhaps not state imposed, perhaps better, but taxes by another name, nonetheless?

Nah thats too far ahead, I don't think you will find any telepathic technology by than, I`m not even sure if that technology is even possible considering the laws of physics.

Maybe in 3000, but definitely not in 2100, i mean there hasnt been much change since 1700, the language surely didnt changes much, we had technological and scientific changes, but thats all. The average life of the average people is still exactly the same. They are born, they are indoctrinated, then they work all their life, and then they die.

It is the same as in 1700, the culture is exactly the same, with some minor "trend" changes like from bookreading to MMO games and such, but really if you look into it, there wasnt any major change.

So I`m sure in 2100,if we survive the collapse and dont nuke ourselfs, the society will still be the same, even if we would live in an an-cap society. Sure life would be easier, with all the gadgets, but people will remain people.

Until we are human, and dont evolve into a drastically other species, we will remain the same. There will be always those who can't keep up with technology, I mean even now there are islands near India where people live like in the stone age without technology and electrcity, in the jungle. So in 2100 those primitive 2000-ers would make themselves an isolated place and live there , I would be just fine off with them, until I learn whats going on Cheesy
cryptoforcause

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 01:31:38 PM

I would have gone in future through time machine to see whether my dream of becoming an astronaut is fulfilled or not. Smiley
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:27:52 PM

I would go back to 2008. Just want to save my close friend. He dies on 2008.
I will stay away from drugs and alcohol.

KIRAZ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 09:45:59 PM

I don't think I would use it if I couldn't come back, though it would be tempting.  Sad
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:02:29 AM

I would find out what the value of Bitcoin is in 2050.
Then I would decide how to plan my retirement.  Grin

bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:05:23 AM

I would find out what the value of Bitcoin is in 2050.
Then I would decide how to plan my retirement.  Grin
But you can't come  back from 2050 so it wouldn't help you.

{ BitSpill }
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:21:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmWdwK7uEqE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCkTK2Z3LBM
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 11:51:58 AM

simple answer, back to 2009 and buy bitcoin as many as possible
and enjoy my retirement today Cheesy
cryptoforcause

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:09:25 PM

I wish i had one i would have changed a lot of things.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:32:39 PM

Time travel bucket list:
*take a radio single from Teriyaki Boyz to Jewish rap publishers of the 80s and tell them it's public domain
*demand a meeting with Queen Cleopatra to introduce a magic vibrating device charged by the sun
*take infant Glenn Beck back to George Washington's doorstep and leave him there. Take adult Glenn Beck to Fox News' doorstep in 2009
*warn Queen Elizabeth II about LaRouche's expose to be released on her cocaine trade so she can cover her tracks
*find toddler FDR, run over his arms while I'm in a wheelchair
*bring AK-47 to Gandhi
*abduct every pope after election with a note signed by God, "Too gay."
*take a bottle of Capri Sun to teenage Albert Einstein and tell him I'm from the future and that this will be his greatest invention
*give Thomas Edison a bottle of Beano so he can have a decent picture taken
s1ng
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 01:34:47 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2015, 09:48:43 AM by s1ng

Find sport betting table and win all match !

Conqueror the world and bitcoin  Cool

Prevent a war before me

Fix my love story  Cry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: