Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 09:08:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: multibithd.org  (Read 1768 times)
bitllionaire (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:56:45 AM

Is that page trustable to download the multibit hd version?
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 08:51:40 AM

it is our site yes.

The HTML for that site is a little out of date - we've been pushing out updates to a subdomain of multibit.org:

http://beta.multibit.org

I would use that one instead. (The download links are SSL but the site isn't due to technical reasons)

We'll eventually have both multibithd.org and multibit.org displaying the new website.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
bitllionaire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:33:36 PM

it is our site yes.

The HTML for that site is a little out of date - we've been pushing out updates to a subdomain of multibit.org:

http://beta.multibit.org

I would use that one instead. (The download links are SSL but the site isn't due to technical reasons)

We'll eventually have both multibithd.org and multibit.org displaying the new website.

Great!
I hadn't found any trustable link between multibit and multibithd.org
the multibit hd is a beta or is already a stable version?
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 04:31:27 PM

Thanks for your interest in MultiBit HD.

We are coordinating the testing/ announcements using a Google group here:

http://groups.google.co.uk/d/forum/multibit-hd-private-beta

There's an anti-spam approval step but I'll keep an eye on it for if you sign up.

MBHD is in beta but it is pretty stable now. I've been doing bug fixes for the last few weeks and it's things like:
"When you paste a password rather than typing the next button does not enable". Stuff like that.

There is still a fair amount of finishing off to do e.g. localisation, help files. The website refresh is more or less done now.
Also, the bitcoinj library we are using (which gives us the HD wallet functionality) is still "0.12-SNAPSHOT" which means that that is still technically in beta.

If you are interested in MBHD then testing of the functionality is very useful to us.
Don't use it with more than 'a cup of coffee and a donut' worth of BTC though.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
bitllionaire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

thank you so much!
I have been using multibit since I started with bitcoin and it is cool to see you keep developing new things
I have already downloaded multibit hd and I am testing it,it looks great!
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

Thanks !

We've been working away on MBHD for months now trying to make it robust and easy to use.

It is targeted for new Bitcoin users so it hides away as much of the bitcoin paraphernalia as possible.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:15:16 AM

it looks worse than classic multibit client :/
jim618
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 07:36:01 AM

it looks worse than classic multibit client :/

Lots of elements have been simplified and we use wizards extensively to guide the user.
If you are are a sophisticated user of Bitcoin you'll probably find it too 'Fisher Price'.

It is designed for new and occasional users so there are more alerts and verification of, say, your exchange being alive.

We found in classic that even simple things like the user choosing where to put their wallet created problems so have eliminate those choices. There is a lot of nice stuff like password recovery from seed as people forgetting passwords was a relatively common error.

Also we found that trying to have OS specific layout didn't work very well - it's ridiculously time consuming so we have gone for the same 'font awesome' look across platforms.

f3tus

Activity: 317
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:25:32 AM

It is designed for new and occasional users so there are more alerts and verification of, say, your exchange being alive.
Not sure if anything like this is already coded, or if it's planned, but on the topic of exchanges, have you thought about adding an alarm option if/when the price drops/raises below/above a specified number?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: