Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero featured in LetsTalkBitcoin podcast 2014-09-15  (Read 1590 times)
Skinnkavaj (OP)

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:13:53 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 06:50:45 PM by Skinnkavaj

Andreas Autonopolus mentions it in this podcast around 20 minutes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qEi5fQcVak

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:17:19 PM

I say Monero ought to ignore those arrogant Bitcoin guys and offer an invite to them to LetsTalkMonero in 2015 when Bitcoin is obsolete. Other than that why even discuss Bytecoin, utterly ridiculous. Bytecoin is nothing more but total crap.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:39:24 PM

Well as they say in this podcast...reading this forum and filtering all the aggressive trolling and FUD is really a full time job.

Only time can surely make the difference between scamcoins and real ones. I trust XMR devs, the community and the tech...but I spend dozen of hours reading and searching, and even then I could still be totally wrong. It's normal that Andrea lack the time to make due diligence on this subject with mostly bitcointalk as a source of information.
Skinnkavaj (OP)

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:40:25 PM

I see it as there is one evil force supporting Bytecoin. While XMR is the good guys. Although I am XMR investor myself, I really believe we should push for anonymity and therefore unite behind XMR when it's not 85% premined like Bytecoin.

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:23:33 PM

Bytecoin is dead, and with time, true Cryptonote will getting weed out, so even non experts will see which have value and which are crap.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:27:59 PM

Never looked into Monero, but heard the LTB podcast and suddenly all the constant horde of Monero spammers in this board makes sense. He mentioned that they might be using a service where they pay and get trolls to work for them.
Moneroman88

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:36:12 PM

Never looked into Monero, but heard the LTB podcast and suddenly all the constant horde of Monero spammers in this board makes sense. He mentioned that they might be using a service where they pay and get trolls to work for them.

Rofl you're a retard if you believe this FUD.  Monero has the most oldschool Bitcoin supporters of all altcoins, no other altcoin can compare with monero's user community. Look at all the old members, heroes, legendary, and renowned seniors, some of them with great contributions and insights like Aminorex or Oda Krell or Articmine or Smoothie or Rptiela and so many more, all with high trust and an old forum activity. Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin.

The Monero camp is composed of large Bitcoin holders and should they ever collectively withdraw their support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin.

Not even mentioning the possibility that other honest bitcoiners might also want to switch allegiance. There are many. The 10-15k holders of XMR collectively trust it only $6 million. But the same guys trust Bitcoin up to $100s of millions. If they decide to sell this stash out of fear or retaliation, the price would be destroyed.

Monero has had the highest trading volume pair for a long time over at several exchanges, it is very easy to understand why it is so fundamentally good, XMR could very well be the coin that gets used a lot in countries where BTC is forbidden or made illegal, XMR could shine in Russia for example. Monero is the obvious choise even of Bitcoin core developers.

That XMR has paid accounts and paid shills really is nothing but a myth of some random retard anti-Monero guys. Or even just one single guy in total, who knows.
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:38:33 PM

Rofl you're a retard if you believe this FUD.  Monero has the most oldschool Bitcoin supporters of all altcoins, no other altcoin can compare with monero's user community. Look at all the old members, heroes, legendary, and renowned seniors, some of them with great contributions and insights like Aminorex or Oda Krell or Articmine or Smoothie or Rptiela and so many more, all with high trust and an old forum activity. Monero is a hedge to Bitcoin.

The Monero camp is composed of large Bitcoin holders and if we collectively withdraw our support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin.

Not even mentioned the possibility that other honest bitcoiners might also want to switch allegiance. There are many. The 10-15k holders of XMR collectively trust it only $6 million. But the same guys trust Bitcoin up to $100s of millions. If they decide to sell this stash out of fear or retaliation, the price would be destroyed.

Monero has had the highest trading volume pair for a long time over at several exchanges, it is very easy to understand why it is so fundamentally good, XMR could very well be the coin that gets used a lot in countries where BTC is forbidden or made illegal, XMR could shine in russia for example if BTC is going to be banned in russia by 2014 and it has attracted a lot of early bitcoiners as well, and by this I mean core developers who have taken a look at other coins with the underlying technology and chosen Monero over a lot of others.

That XMR has paid accounts and paid shills really is nothing but a myth of some random retard anti-Monero guys. Or even just one single guy in total, who knows.

What a good example of an anti monero spammer; if thats what u mean Magic8Ball - yes theres clearly paid shilling against xmr that has the intention to make it look bad :-) FSB tactics Wink

Moneroman88

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:42:17 PM

What a good example of an anti monero spammer; if thats what u mean Magic8Ball - yes theres clearly paid shilling against xmr that has the intention to make it look bad :-) FSB tactics Wink

Obvious troll detected! What a load of bollocks, you're a moron if you truly believe there are paid accounts involved in Monero. You can try all day to bash Monero, you won't succeed. I repeat: Monero has the most oldschool Bitcoin supporters of all altcoins, no other altcoin can compare with monero's user community AT ALL. Look at all the old members, heroes, legendary, and renowned seniors, some of them with great contributions and insights like Aminorex or Oda Krell or Articmine or Smoothie or Rptiela and so many more, all with high trust and an old forum activity. The Monero camp is composed of some of the largest Bitcoin holders and should they ever collectively withdraw their support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin. This is a fact no matter how much you troll, whine or hate...
othe

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Obvious troll detected! What a load of bollocks, you're a moron if you truly believe there are paid accounts involved in Monero. You can try all day to bash Monero, you won't succeed. I repeat: Monero has the most oldschool Bitcoin supporters of all altcoins, no other altcoin can compare with monero's user community AT ALL. Look at all the old members, heroes, legendary, and renowned seniors, some of them with great contributions and insights like Aminorex or Oda Krell or Articmine or Smoothie or Rptiela and so many more, all with high trust and an old forum activity. The Monero camp is composed of some of the largest Bitcoin holders and should they ever collectively withdraw their support, at this point it means a steep dive for Bitcoin. This is a fact no matter how much you troll, whine or hate, you tard.

If you were into Monero you would know that i am a core member, you sucessfully trapped into my magic troll trap, thank you sir.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 09:52:47 PM

-blah-

If you were into Monero you would know that i am a core member, you sucessfully trapped into my magic troll trap, thank you sir.

Can confirm - "Moneroman88" you just called a core team member an "obvious troll" and a "moron". I think the evidence speaks for itself here.

Moneroman88

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:56:11 PM

I give a flying fuck about people that say "core members" or "master retards" or *whatever* in a decentralized, open-source cryptocurrency. You were trolling hence you're a troll no matter who you think you are, you are a moron judged by what you posted and that speaks for itself. Stating that one is a "Core member" is another word for *arrogant piece of crap that thinks she's special*, that's all. Other members such as rpietila are much more important for Monero's health overall than you could ever possibly be, small guy. Monero will do just fine without you and your broken Germanic english Cheesy

P.S. Just the same I give a fuck about members of the Bitcoin Foundation. Foundations and Core Members are a load of bollocks in a decentralized currency. It's just an ego pump up to feel like you're something special - that obviously you're not and will never be IRL, LOL.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:58:33 PM

Now that everything is clear...could we...for the love of little birds, sunshine and women dancing naked, stop quoting that obvious paid pretendtolikemonero88 troll? My ignore button is crying in a corner.
othe

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:00:47 PM

Sure Ultros, but a quote was needed in case he changes his text; if you expose a troll then you have to do it the right way.

Moneroman88

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:02:45 PM

Now that everything is clear...could we...for the love of little birds, sunshine and women dancing naked, stop quoting that obvious paid pretendtolikemonero88 troll? My ignore button is crying in a corner.

Why do you post under 99% of my posts then? Is it so hard to just ignore? Are my posts too powerful for your taste? I'm sorry that we're not in a deliberate country ran by your favourite dictators where you could just shut my mouth. You're in the opposite world here, one of freedom, open-source, decentralization and people of all kinds of opinions. I will fight for Monero no matter what. No matter how many *core member* trolls are going to try to fuck with me by throwing a pile of vomit at me. Monero can do just fine without all those retards like you. Monero is not a centralized 10-man operation endorsing censorship... Monero is freedom, not terror and censorship like you seem to wish it was - Monero is the successor of Bitcoin and it will prove itself, XMR technology *IS* proving itself right now. Not you are, how laughable is that. Monero is proving, not you. Monero on its own. You and me are nothing. Monero itself IS the player, not you.
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:08:18 PM

Off-topic: Is there any way to share ignore-lists or subscribe to ignore-lists compiled by those forum members we trust?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

Why do you post under 99% of my posts then? Is it so hard to just ignore? Are my posts too powerful for your taste? I'm sorry that we're not in a deliberate country ran by your favourite dictators where you could just shut my mouth. You're in the opposite world here, one of freedom, open-source, decentralization and people of all kinds of opinions. I will fight for Monero no matter what. No matter how many *core member* trolls are going to try to fuck with me by throwing a pile of vomit at me. Monero can do just fine without all those retards like you. Monero is not a centralized 10-man operation endorsing censorship... Monero is freedom, not terror and censorship like you seem to wish it was - Monero is the successor of Bitcoin and it will prove itself, XMR technology *IS* proving itself right now. Not you are, how laughable is that. Monero is proving, not you. Monero on its own. You and me are nothing. Monero itself IS the player, not you.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:59:00 AM

Off-topic: Is there any way to share ignore-lists or subscribe to ignore-lists compiled by those forum members we trust?
Note that I know of, but URS could come in handy for this (granted, WoT could suffice).
Personally, in find the fact that we are delving into non-monetary uses exciting.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 09:47:18 AM

When i listened it i heard a bit different. Andreas was not so sure about Monero. He knows of there is lots of pots but is not sure. He is sure there are many Cryptonote coins made from same group of people that try to make fake community  of those coins and FUD all other coins that was started not by them.

There is strong Monero community here.
There are FUDers of other coins Monero is competing to, or maybe exactly group that Andreas mention.
There are random trolls, that just jump the wagon, and dont like one coin have so much attention and community. And people that see only BTC and see all altcoins as death threat to BTC.
And lately there are also so called Monero FakeShills as it is Moneroman88. They try to show liek they are paid by some Monero supporter alto if you see what they do is easily to be seen.

Apparently all this goes from first days of Monero. Started on redit  ( i never was there. But i heard those that are). The one that started this, understand crypto really well to see the danger that early on.

NEM minnow

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:04:43 PM

Andreas Autonopolus mentions it in this podcast around 20 minutes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qEi5fQcVak

It was a good podcast.  I bought in to XMR and then sold on a bubble.  Not just XMR but all the latest gen of anon coins felt like a pump.  I think there is a need for the service, but not with this batch.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: