Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealth phase.  (Read 1971 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:28:55 PM

We are in the stealth phase... almost everyone has heard of bitcoin but ask them beyond if they have heard of it and they will just tell you it is a ponzi scheme.

Every company with half a brain is starting to use BTC, most not hold but use.  The average person knows nothing of this and thinks the price is at zero and the "ponzie scheme" has failed.

The next phase will be the early adoption phase, we are not there yet.  Soon enough the average dimmit will understand BTC is not a ponzie scheme, ponzie game, easily hacked, millions more printed by computer programmers, etc.

Everyone assumed we were in early adoption in Nov this was inncorrect.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:34:25 PM

Well, go out in the street and ask random people what Bitcoin, most don't know, but yes, 99% that have heard it have no fucking clue about it beyond whatever clique mainstream news headlines had to say.

spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:42:09 PM

Well, go out in the street and ask random people what Bitcoin, most don't know, but yes, 99% that have heard it have no fucking clue about it beyond whatever clique mainstream news headlines had to say.

That is pretty much how I came to the conclusion.

The amount of: 

"Oh I the the CEO died and it collapsed."

"I thought all the coins got stolen and it was at 0$"

" I read it was Illegal in Canada".. (No you didn't.. you were super ass lazy and read the first four sentences of the article you sent me.. dumbass).

"Ya but it isn't backed by Gold like our currency" This one is the best.. just shows how little a lot of people know.
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:50:17 PM

Bitcoin may not be ready for the majority of people. Right now it's definitely usable and convenient to us. But its market value is volatile, it's hard for non-technically-minded people to understand, and it's totally different from the fiat they're used to. So it'll be "stealth phase" for a long time, IMO.
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:34:29 PM

Back in 1992 I printed out a chat session I had with a girl from New York.
I took it to school and showed it to my friends.

All I wanted to do was prove that I was talking to a girl.
But, they got all hung up on the what instead of the who.

They got all snarky and sarcastic with me.
Email, internet, chatting, text messaging...
They were all like bitcoin is right now.

Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 09:36:22 PM

Bitcoin may not be ready for the majority of people. Right now it's definitely usable and convenient to us. But its market value is volatile, it's hard for non-technically-minded people to understand, and it's totally different from the fiat they're used to. So it'll be "stealth phase" for a long time, IMO.
Not as long as you think.

OP is correct, we are in the "stealth phase"

Bitcoin 101: Why Bitcoin's growth is normal

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:46:27 PM

Well we are, this is normal. The question is for how long? Bitpay keeps adding more and more merchants, bigger names are starting to adopt Bitcoin too.
We must be heading in the right direction then!

I have a feeling a few countries will start holding BTC like they do gold.. I think this will be the next driver of the BTC price.
DDuckworth

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:40:12 PM

We are in the stealth phase... almost everyone has heard of bitcoin but ask them beyond if they have heard of it and they will just tell you it is a ponzi scheme.

Every company with half a brain is starting to use BTC, most not hold but use.  The average person knows nothing of this and thinks the price is at zero and the "ponzie scheme" has failed.

The next phase will be the early adoption phase, we are not there yet.  Soon enough the average dimmit will understand BTC is not a ponzie scheme, ponzie game, easily hacked, millions more printed by computer programmers, etc.

Everyone assumed we were in early adoption in Nov this was inncorrect.

But you can count on wave after wave of media coverage talking about hacks after everyone has adopted, there will be new companies founded promising to secure your bitcoin for you (think lifelock.) It will be y2k ridiculousness all over again.

BabesForBitcoin.com - Custom pics & vids from real girls for cash or bitcoin!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

We are on good way, thats for sure, Bitcoin is growing everyday Smiley
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:55:27 PM

This is still one of my most favorite charts. Smiley The future is going to be exciting.

tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:59:46 PM

Lets wait for the boom.

It is coming.

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:01:39 AM

This is still one of my most favorite charts. Smiley The future is going to be exciting.

If this charts correct i will be buying a cruise liner not a yacht Tongue
MightyStorm

Activity: 602

God is with us

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

How the hell do you define "early adoption" if not the past 4 years?

D E P O ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DEPOSITORY NETWORK | WP   :   ENG   CN   RUS
FOLLOW US: ► TELEGRAM    ► TWITTER                                  The World’s   F i r s t   D e c e n t r a l i z e d
                                                ► LINKEDIN      ► FACEBOOK        BUY DEPO         M u l t i - P l a t f o r m   Collateral   I n f r a s t r u c t u r e
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:29:01 PM

Back in 1992 I printed out a chat session I had with a girl from New York.
I took it to school and showed it to my friends.

All I wanted to do was prove that I was talking to a girl.
But, they got all hung up on the what instead of the who.

They got all snarky and sarcastic with me.
Email, internet, chatting, text messaging...
They were all like bitcoin is right now.

I really like this. Brings my hopes up. Smiley
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:33:06 PM

Many people had not heard of BTC yet.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:41:12 PM

yeah I mean many have not heard of bitcoin, There are like 1 out of 50 on my facebook or less who don't know about bitcoin yet, I had a cousin who got interested in educated him a bit, but it wont get everyones attention unless they can benefit from it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:29:04 PM

How the hell do you define "early adoption" if not the past 4 years?

When the avg person starts using it.  Not .000000001% of people.
addroup

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:56:53 PM

I don't think we are on the infancy part of the S curve, but on the expansion one.

yunkie

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:08:48 PM

We are on the period where clueless people will hate themselves for lossing this last opportunity to get at least 1 BTC (aka top 1% club)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:45:16 PM

That is pretty much how I came to the conclusion.

The amount of: 

"Oh I the the CEO died and it collapsed."

"I thought all the coins got stolen and it was at 0$"

" I read it was Illegal in Canada".. (No you didn't.. you were super ass lazy and read the first four sentences of the article you sent me.. dumbass).

"Ya but it isn't backed by Gold like our currency" This one is the best.. just shows how little a lot of people know.

and i love that, because then i know, iam early in the bitcoin-world  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: