Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:45:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-ANN][BRO] BreakoutCoin | Bergstake | BottlessNight | Gaming Platform +  (Read 20870 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BreakoutCoin (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:53:16 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 04:44:40 PM by BreakoutCoin

Please go to the Breakout Chain Thread Here

Brief Backstory

The thread below is the thread for a coin called "Brocoin" commissioned by "Breakout Coin", a coin company. Brocoin was never implemented, due to lack of funds. The original developer , Jay Berg,  was a hired consultant, and we were not able to keep him full-time. Jay moved on to a new exciting project,  Protoblock.com.

The Breakout Coin project hired a new developer, James Stroud, who completed a ground breaking coin, called "Breakout Chain", with help from, and features inspired by Jay's "Bergstake". Breakout Chain not only has a innovative staking mechanism, but is also a Proof-of-Work chain with many novel existing and planned features. Breakout Chain's features are designed to complement Breakout Coin's business model of seeding mass adoption by providing promotional funds to promising businesses.

You can read more at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1509819.msg15185942#msg15185942, and the Breakout Coin website.

****EDIT*** Thread Closed as of

Here is our announcement thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808648.0

And Website

http://www.breakoutcoin.com/

Enjoy and thanks for your patience!
UPDATE
Breakout Initial Coin Offering begins in
[/b][/size]

Please Visit Our Website For More Information

Please continue conversation on Announcement thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808648.msg9061286#msg9061286

Break out of the endless cycle of cryptocurrencies that promise one
thing then deliver another. Breakout Coin will be the only accepted token for use on the upcoming,
industry-leading Breakout Gaming Platform, which will also feature a built-in Breakout Coin
exchange where players will be able to trade Breakout Coin for bitcoin at their leisure.
Every player on the Breakout Gaming platform is a liquidity provider for the Breakout Coin
network. The ~$40 billion USD online gaming industry is ripe for a cryptocurrency breakthrough
and we are leading the charge.

For information regarding our Initial Offering,
please subscribe to our website.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/breakoutandwin
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/breakoutgaming

What Makes Breakout Coin Unique?

As a company, Breakout Gaming has focused its energy on creating a real, live, and useful gaming platform that brings a “killer-app” to Breakout Coin. As a cryptocurrency, Breakout Coin features Bergstake, fulfilling the promise of Proof-of-Stake efficiency.

When Can I Get Breakout Coin?

There will be an announcement thread around Sept 20th to detail the Breakout Coin initial offering. The purchase window is tentatively scheduled for Oct 4- Oct 18.

Where Can I Purchase Breakout Coin?

Breakout Coin is a decentralized digital currency. For its launch, Breakout Gaming will be hosting a Breakout Coin Initial Offering Sale at the Breakout Coin fundraising website: [url protected]. Once the Breakout Gaming Platform is fully functioning, Breakout Gaming will also feature a Breakout Exchange where players can instantly move into and out of Breakout Coin.

Where Should I Use Breakout Coin?

Breakout Gaming uses Breakout Coin exclusively. Gamers worldwide will be playing on the Breakout Gaming platform. This will create a continuous source of liquidity for Breakout Coin, a never-before-seen feature in previous altcoins.

How Does it work?

Breakout Coin’s unique hybrid block-chain will have a PoW phase followed by a “Proof-of-Bergstake” phase, a new kind of PoS. Making BRO the most advanced PoW /PoS hybrid in existence. The reason for our emulation of CryptoNight’s PoW mechanism is to live up to Satoshi Nakamoto’s original vision of CPU mining. In order for our Bergstake based consensus to work, its initial distribution must be as fair as possible. It needs to be easy and worthwhile for the average user to mine on her home computer and generate her own Bergstake.

NEXT GENERATION PRIVACY FEATURES

Anonymous Transactions
Breakout Coin offers the option to use CryptoNote’s ring signatures and one-time addresses for untraceable and unlinkable transactions.

Anonymous Stealth Addresses
Through Breakout Coin's wallet, users can choose to make their transactions untraceable.  Stealth is achieved when one-time addresses create a symmetrical key between the sending and receiving parties that verifies the transfer but cannot be tied to other transactions.

ABOUT BERGSTAKE

Breakoutcoin with Bergstake
Bitcoin’s main innovation was the use of a block-chain ledger to reach distributed consensus. Before Bitcoin, the idea of a public ledger of transactions without a central authority seemed impossible. One bad actor can “double-spend” by sending the same coin to multiple parties at the same time. This will cause the ledger to fork into two separate versions. This is solved by putting all recent transactions into a block, and attaching a “proof-of-work”. Once a block is produced and broadcasted to the network, all parties now have the time-order of the transactions, so only one of the “double-spend” transactions will be valid.

Proof-of-Work
The Bitcoin proof-of-work is a solution to a “one-way-function”, SHA256. It's a computation that is difficult to solve, yet once you have the solution it is easily verifiable. Bitcoin miners use a brut-force method of trying trillions of possible solutions until one is found. Once found, the miners will create a block containing all public transactions, the proof-of-work solution, and a special generation ”coinbase” transaction. The coinbase transaction allows miners to assign a certain number of coins to themselves. This “block-reward” acts as an incentive for miners, and helps secure the network.  

Proof-of-Work problems
Bitcoin dynamically adjusts the mining difficulty to target 10 minutes between blocks. As more miners add more processing power, the difficulty increases. Currently, the processing power of the Bitcoin network is 210 million GH/s. The total energy usage is at least 1400 GWh/yr, enough to run a small country, and growing. The proof-of-work computations have no scientific or practical purpose, and are deliberately made hard to prevent attackers from overpowering the network. This waste of energy and the staggering costs involved is one of the major flaws in Bitcoin. An alternative way to secure the network and reach distributed consensus is needed.

Proof-of-Stake solution
Proof-of-stake is an energy efficient alternative to proof-of-work mining. The mechanism that determines who gets to sign the next block is based on the amount of stake, or coins, you hold. So someone who own 1% of all coins has a 1% chance of signing the next block, and receiving the block reward. An obvious problem is, if new coins are generated for each block, then the first coin holders will receive all future coins. This is in fact the case, and is why “pure” proof-of-stake coins,  such as NXT, are 100% pre-mined. In NXT, all coins are created from the beginning with the intent of distributing the coins to as many different people as possible. Another solution, first seen in Peercoin, is to use a proof-of-work / proof-of-stake hybrid approach. There, initial coin distribution is accomplished with normal proof-of-work, and a switch to proof-of-stake is made after a pre-determined number of blocks.

Proof-of-Stake problems
Nothing at stake
A fork in the block-chain is when there are multiple valid signers of the same block. In Bitcoin, when two miners simultaneously solve the same proof-of-work, a fork occurs. When presented with an alternative fork, a bitcoin miner must chose which chain to mine against. Due to the cost of mining and the risk of a missed opportunity, miners will always chose the “correct” chain, and ignore the rest. However with proof-of-stake, miners can easily mine multiple chains without any costs or risks.  At the time of a fork there is a good chance that either chain can win, so even an honest miner will process and sign block from both chains.

Stake grinding
Proof-of-stake block-chains use algorithms that are meant to randomly select the next valid block-signers. Holders of coins with specific public-keys win the right to sign the next block. However, this “random” algorithm can be gamed, because it is still based only on data contained in the block-chain. The technique, known as “costless simulation” or “stake-grinding”, entails “mining” of the block data until it produces a hash that gives your key the right to sign the next block.

Breakoutcoin with Bergstake solution
Breakoutcoin uses the Bergstake hybrid approach.  A proof-of-work block-chain is used for the first two years. After two years there is a switch to a proof-of-stake block-chain. In the proof-of-work phase, miners receive special Bergstake in addition to breakout coins as a reward for signing a block. Bergstake represents the right to sign future blocks during the proof-of-stake phase.  Bergstake differs from typical coins in that Bergstake is non-transferable and lasts forever .

Bergstake can be thought of as a “virtual perpetual mining rig”. The virtual rig gets built by miners during the proof-of-work phase, as they sign blocks.  Those same miners can then “turn on” their Bergstake virtual mining rigs to continue signing blocks in the proof-of-stake phase.

The breakout block-chain has knowledge of alternative forks. This enables any user to provide a “proof-of-double-mining” transaction on the block-chain. This proof that a dishonest miner was mining on multiple chains, will destroy her bergstake.  The risk of losing bergstake and potential future block rewards is incentive to mine on only the “real” chain.  This core feature fixes the “nothing-at-stake” flaw in proof-of-stake block-chains.

The Breakoutcoin block signer selection algorithm uses only the hash of the previous two signers as input. Stake grinding exploits are mitigated by the fact that all Bergstake ids are known in advance and new Bergstake cannot be generated from existing Bergstake.

UPDATE
Breakout Initial Coin Offering begins in

Please Visit Our Website For More Information

Please continue conversation on Announcement thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808648.msg9061286#msg9061286

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeShack96

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Escrow Services Provided

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:55:16 PM

You should fix the text formatting, so people can actually read it normally. Smiley

http://www.lovecrypto.com/  <---The fast and easy way to send a gift
raizor

Activity: 171

Some people just want to watch the world dance.

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:56:11 PM

man, if only they had a 'preview post' button Tongue
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:57:01 PM

3rd

Boom!  I've been waiting for something like this for years.  Did you post on 2+2?
bttshenxian

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:57:28 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=783598.0
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 05:59:46 PM

Haha, if true, do you understand who is backing this coin? LOLz at you.  These guys have enough money to take this coin to the top 10 without a flinch.
BreakoutCoin (OP)

Activity: 204

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:00:50 PM

man, if only they had a 'preview post' button Tongue

The preview is diff than the result. bitcointalk forum should update software version.

see: http://www.breakoutcoin.com/SMF/index.php?topic=6.0

████BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
ofortuna

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

The formatting was fixed very quickly  Grin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
originalchilli

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

Haha, if true, do you understand who is backing this coin? LOLz at you.  These guys have enough money to take this coin to the top 10 without a flinch.

Johnny f'ckin Chan!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER -  @originalchilli
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

i didnt even read OP
let me guess
Premine ? or heavy insta-mine ?

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:12:09 PM

Where's the ICO anthem  Huh
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:14:13 PM

Haha, if true, do you understand who is backing this coin? LOLz at you.  These guys have enough money to take this coin to the top 10 without a flinch.

Johnny f'ckin Chan!

It remains to be seen if these guys really are backing this coin.  I would like to see some evidence. I may troll the 2+2 forums looking for answers.   I will let the thread know the results of the investigation.
Mr.Silver

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:14:34 PM

You should fix the text formatting, so people can actually read it normally. Smiley

yea, is hard to read

jaybny

Activity: 410

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:16:38 PM

i didnt even read OP
let me guess

small pre-mine.  

first coin to use Bergstake - a Proof-of-Stake algorithm.

its CryptoNote , PoW for 2 years, with CryptoNight based hashing algo

then changes to Bergstake, a pure Proof-of-Stake algorithm, that solves all the known PoS issues.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:20:22 PM

Haha, if true, do you understand who is backing this coin? LOLz at you.  These guys have enough money to take this coin to the top 10 without a flinch.

Johnny f'ckin Chan!

It remains to be seen if these guys really are backing this coin.  I would like to see some evidence. I may troll the 2+2 forums looking for answers.   I will let the thread know the results of the investigation.

Ok, so if this is at all serious, there should be a thread on the 2+2 poker forums.  My initial search comes up empty.  Almost every one of the backers have 2+2 accounts and they would be pointed to the thread within minutes. 
jaybny

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

Johnny f'ckin Chan!

It remains to be seen if these guys really are backing this coin.  I would like to see some evidence. I may troll the 2+2 forums looking for answers.   I will let the thread know the results of the investigation.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:23:13 PM

can mine with CPU ?
i am not up to date, is there open source GPU miner yet ?

i didnt even read OP
let me guess

small pre-mine.  

then changes to Bergstake, a pure Proof-of-Stake algorithm, that solves all the known PoS issues.

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:24:11 PM

Cool All-IN

drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:25:05 PM

why are there real professional pokerstars backing this? lol is this a joke
jaybny

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 06:28:29 PM

can mine with CPU ?
i am not up to date, is there open source GPU miner yet ?

i didnt even read OP
let me guess

small pre-mine.  

CrytpoNote = CPU mining. Its supposed to be GPU resistant, in that GPU is not much faster then CPU. but for those who already have many GPUs, I believe there is an open source miner.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: