Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 05:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SHLD] ShieldCoin - X15 - PoS - RELAUNCH  (Read 24751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RickStoner (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:41:26 AM

nearly completed POD

added a Marketing Team

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:44:00 PM

nearly completed POD

added a Marketing Team

No way!!! This is great news! I can't wait to hear about the new roadmap and what plans you have in store for shield!
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:49:17 AM

You know guys every now and then a "how is it going?", or a ... "update?",  or just some sorta chit chatter?

We should talk about features, brain storm this to death. Would like to hear community ideas.
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:06:10 AM

POD verification complete.

This is just a tiny step towards creation of the project, on a personal note, I am not sure how 1 person dev coins even make it.

Work load is nearly unbearable, PetATL has had to double shift as one of his co-workers took sick.

cryptoholic11

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:12:55 AM

This coin is pretty dead, not sure why you're trying to bring it back.

There are 2 separate development teams collaborating in the takeover. If they're legit, it's far from dead. It might take weeks to get back on it's feet, but it won't be dead. I used to think once devs leave, and/or the price and volume reach a certain low, then its dead to a point of no return..but over the last few weeks, Ive learned otherwise. There is no such thing as a truly dead coin, imho. Any competent dev team can revive any dead coin and prosper.

As far as Shield, the name and specs are perfect, not sure why anybody with the coding skills or networks wouldnt want to take it over. Of course it also makes sense for them to stack up on the cheap coins before announcing the takeover, which I assume and hope these guys have done.

cryptopumpas

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:00:41 PM

guys plz, this coin is better StealthCoin (XST)
its just a shame that no one cares about SHLD!

Gl infest/pump other bullshit coins
cryptopumpas

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:03:40 PM

read this plz:

http://www.btcfeed.net/coins/shieldcoin-shld-vs-stealthcoin-xst

http://www.btcfeed.net/coins/shieldcoin-shld-vs-stealthcoin-xst/
cryptoholic11

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:17:33 PM

These articles are worthless man. They were posted back when the original scam devs were still around with all the bullshit they had promised. The only reason the two coin were compared in the first place was because they were launched at the same time and had massive initial volume while both communities were competing for some reason. Now Shield has a totally different team and a new direction. It has nothing to do with Stealth. You can't even compare the two coins. Stealth is well established and Shield is gettin back on its feet. Nevertheless, comparing the two coins has no merit unless you're trying to covertly advertise XST on this thread.

darkproton

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:56:18 PM

Well, as far as features go, I do not think an anon solution is a necessary thing. If it is something the devs are currently working on, then great, however, if it is not being worked on, then I believe following a different path is best suited. As far as what features I would like to see in the new shield, perhaps a very easy to implement multi-sig button on the wallet itself to create better security.
http://www.coindesk.com/early-bitcoin-adopter-calls-multi-sig-solutions-750-btc-theft/
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:00:35 PM

Actually cryptoholic, these old articles do confirm that SHLD does use a stronger encryption than XST.  Not going to get in on a swinging contest here, vs any other coin.  Focus is on SHLD, and to not only strengthen the network but to also give confidence from those who invest in this coin.
cryptopumpas

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:19:17 PM

sry what i ment was:

this coin is better then StealthCoin (XST)

Shield better then Stealth !!

cryptopumpas

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

your right only thing is we need faster development
but this is how it works:

If we all would have faith in this coin and make it populair, we get attention of more developers.

But no one assist this coin, well there are some but not many people.

I know its a old article, but if this all would happen Shield can be mutch bigger then Stealth.

I think we should infest in coins that are good and beter then the others.
developers should spend their time in the better coins like SHLD.

thats all what i wanted to say,

gl all
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:47:18 PM

Well without consulting the other assistant dev, I wish to make the following statement, and sort of road map.

- analyzing of all information towards the old upset that happened to SHLD (the theoretical results of our findings will be posted)
[ plagiarism accusations were made against the old devs]

- analyzing the entire old topic of SHLD (there is many people that wanted to help in the past, this could now be a reality)
[ reading over the entire old topic of SHLD is time consuming ]

- analyzing the block chain (if there is anything is a muck we want to know now before we vamp up development)

some opinions:

You may not like the findings of our research, but to become more transparent in the development we feel it's necessary

There is some questionable things in the old operation of SHLD, it had not been mentioned by anyone. We will probably mention it.

ROAD MAP FUTURE:

These are the things we would like to see, and as we evaluated the technology that the old dev team proposed, Shield team will also attempt the following features as stated in the old white paper.

features:
- we will attempt to use SSL features this is now goal 1, it will be the first most discussed topic among the team.
- the file per - to - per is also added to the list of goals. 
- a very dedicated outline to reach these goals on or before Oct 31 2014

development:
- a website we can call our own in confidence and design
- the logo ' huge amount of research going on '

team:
- get coders to update the node install, and brand the wallet
- creation and fork of the git so see progress (no git commits expected soon)

marketing:
- get shield added to more exchanges
- working on white paper release and other ideas

working capital:
- trying to attract non btc related VC

more to come....
cryptoholic11

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:19:56 PM

My bad, thought they were pro XST articles.

My suggestions for features would be to focus on mobile services and block chain 2.0 apps including decentralized exchange. I think these are the next evolution in crypto.

DigitalPirateman

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:26:14 PM

I like the shieldcoin name it like marvel S.H.I.E.L.D
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:04:04 AM

we have to abide copyright laws some what.
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:51:27 AM

from the above quoted article:

Of course that was not enough, here comes X15. X15 is the latest algorithm ,15 ROUNDS OF SCIENTIFIC HASHING  (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo, hamsi, fugue, shabal, whirlpool). There you have it, the almighty X15, the backbone of Shieldcoin. Some may say it is overkill some may say it is evolution but both X13 and X15 are secure and efficient algorithms, yes X15 is newer but there is nothing wrong with X13.
darkproton

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:10:27 PM

from the above quoted article:

Of course that was not enough, here comes X15. X15 is the latest algorithm ,15 ROUNDS OF SCIENTIFIC HASHING  (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo, hamsi, fugue, shabal, whirlpool). There you have it, the almighty X15, the backbone of Shieldcoin. Some may say it is overkill some may say it is evolution but both X13 and X15 are secure and efficient algorithms, yes X15 is newer but there is nothing wrong with X13.
good luck man. Seems a lot of work is going into this.
RickStoner (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:59:02 AM

Update:

- wallet programming / features
Spoke with the assistant dev today, we discussed a few things to do with the programming of new wallet.  He said my first request was nearly impossible, we do not want centralized anything... hint hint... but we might have to unless we can come up with a algo based on a long generated key... not going into details here. Smiley

- working capital / promotion
So, currently what we have is a well distributed coin, with no bugs, wallet is working.  So, this leads us to the next few things.  Development seems to cost a fortune, and we are bartering our way with each individual.  Take note, simply encourage your friends, and yourself to at least put a few dollars, yes just dollars into SHLD.  Every time you do this it helps support the economy and keeps out large accumulations to single entities.

So what does that mean? Buy some SHLD please, best way to support development.  Did you know the average cost of mac wallet dev is 1.3 BTC!  ... neither did we ...  (we have a team in place to do this for a reason)

- finance and distribution
Darkpool distribution is top on the list, currently in meetings on this behalf.

darkproton

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:25:39 AM

Update:

- wallet programming / features
Spoke with the assistant dev today, we discussed a few things to do with the programming of new wallet.  He said my first request was nearly impossible, we do not want centralized anything... hint hint... but we might have to unless we can come up with a algo based on a long generated key... not going into details here. Smiley

- working capital / promotion
So, currently what we have is a well distributed coin, with no bugs, wallet is working.  So, this leads us to the next few things.  Development seems to cost a fortune, and we are bartering our way with each individual.  Take note, simply encourage your friends, and yourself to at least put a few dollars, yes just dollars into SHLD.  Every time you do this it helps support the economy and keeps out large accumulations to single entities.

So what does that mean? Buy some SHLD please, best way to support development.  Did you know the average cost of mac wallet dev is 1.3 BTC!  ... neither did we ...  (we have a team in place to do this for a reason)

- finance and distribution
Darkpool distribution is top on the list, currently in meetings on this behalf.

Awesome. Firing up coinbase and selling some older coins for some shield.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: