Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bangladesh will jail Bitcoin traders?  (Read 3992 times)
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:14:27 PM

Bangladesh is a common law nation, based on British common law. If the people understood how powerful this is, they could almost outlaw the government. In the event you are interested in how common law can be used over there, look at how Karl Lentz is teaching people to use it in the United Kingdom.

http://www.unkommonlaw.co.uk/

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=127469&cmd=tc

Many of the Talkshoe recordings are hosted by Bali, from the U.K. I don't know where his family is originally from, but with a name like Bali, might even be Bangladesh.

Smiley
It is, in theory possible to overthrow any government regardless if "the law" allows for this to happen. I would however doubt that they would attempt to overthrow the government of Bangladesh in an attempt to be able to use bitcoin, the benefits are simply not there for the people to try to do that.

The idea isn't to overthrow the government. The idea is to protect yourself from the government.

In English common law, there are basically only 3 things that the government can get you for:
1. If you harm somebody;
2. If you damage his property;
3. Breach of contract.

The government can make all the statutes stick, if you don't fight them on common law grounds. But if you fight them common law, nothing sticks except the above 3.

As a warning to anyone reading this, it is complete nonsense, and has nothing to do with the definition of a common law country.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:30:02 PM

This country is behind many years comparing to other countries. There is no much internet coverage and many people have no bank accounts. Even they deny the new technology and will fall behind forever.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:39:04 PM

Who cares about Bangladesh, it's rotten from inside.

Especially third world countries would benefit from allowing Bitcoin.

It can give their "economy" an incredible boost.
proofofarat

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:55:22 PM

One of the countries that could most gain

When talking about "countries" you always have to distinguish between government/elite and population. Same in the US - doesn't matter what helps the majority. They're not making the decisions.
ndonnard

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:51:06 AM

There is something perverse about the idea of "since bitcoin is not legal, then obviously it is illegal and we will ruin your life if you use it"
No punishment would ever make up for the sick ideas that the 20th century elite managed to impose on humanity
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:58:29 AM

1) Sent to jail
2) Cannot access wallet
3) Hodl for 12 years
4) Profit
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 02:47:24 PM

1) Sent to jail
2) Cannot access wallet
3) Hodl for 12 years
4) Profit

Lol. But then:

5) another 12 years in jail (for selling/using bitcoins)

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

Absolutely amazing what Countries will do to prevent bitcoin being used in their Countries even taking drastic measures like this to prevent it. It's a sorry shame to see that they will go to these lengths to do this however, I see people finding a way around it.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:23:25 PM

Bangladesh is a common law nation, based on British common law. If the people understood how powerful this is, they could almost outlaw the government. In the event you are interested in how common law can be used over there, look at how Karl Lentz is teaching people to use it in the United Kingdom.

Many of the Talkshoe recordings are hosted by Bali, from the U.K. I don't know where his family is originally from, but with a name like Bali, might even be Bangladesh.

Smiley
It is, in theory possible to overthrow any government regardless if "the law" allows for this to happen. I would however doubt that they would attempt to overthrow the government of Bangladesh in an attempt to be able to use bitcoin, the benefits are simply not there for the people to try to do that.

The idea isn't to overthrow the government. The idea is to protect yourself from the government.

In English common law, there are basically only 3 things that the government can get you for:
1. If you harm somebody;
3. Breach of contract.

The government can make all the statutes stick, if you don't fight them on common law grounds. But if you fight them common law, nothing sticks except the above 3.

As a warning to anyone reading this, it is complete nonsense, and has nothing to do with the definition of a common law country.

While it is true that not all common law countries are created equal, English common law is very powerful. There are two parts to it. There's the part that the Crown enjoys, having to do with past rulings, and there is the part that the people can enjoy, if they know about it. It is called Queen's Bench, and used properly, it makes use of the basic 3 parts listed in my first post above.

See what has taken place in England regarding this, within the last couple of years or so. Similar can happen in Bangladesh if the people start to wake up.

http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html

While not everything in the links is UK, it is all based on the basic kind of law that Bangladesh has. Bangladesh has English common law. The stuff in the links can be used, with a few tweaks, in Bangladesh.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
murraypaul

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:30:31 PM

While it is true that not all common law countries are created equal, English common law is very powerful. There are two parts to it. There's the part that the Crown enjoys, having to do with past rulings, and there is the part that the people can enjoy, if they know about it. It is called Queen's Bench, and used properly, it makes use of the basic 3 parts listed in my first post above.

See what has taken place in England regarding this, within the last couple of years or so. Similar can happen in Bangladesh if the people start to wake up.

These links are junk.
What they are claiming (basically that you don't have to follow any law that doesn't directly damage a specific person or their property) is junk.
He is just trying to sell his books/DVDs. An impressive 4 Add To Carts and 2 Donates just on the one page.
And I'm going to go out on a wild limb and say that when people don't manage to avoid convictions for breaking the law, he will always say it is because they have implemented his ideas slightly wrong, rather than them being complete fantasy.

For example, this rubbish:
Sick of taking Orders and earning no money from complying with the Orders?
Buy an Invoice Pad today, to BILL the next Public SERVANT that Orders thou [You] !
(thou = singular cf. Ye - Nominative / You - Objective which are Plurals... i will explain later)
Example:
When A[NY] Public SERVANT stops thou at the side of the road and Orders a PERFORMANCE of and/or from thou by way of the use of His (or Her) Voice, these  UTTERANCES are defined as HIS (or HER) Wishes AND Orders delivered upon thou (placing a Burden Upon thou!)
 Example(s) :
ORDERS thou as a [wo]man to get out of YOUR car !
ORDERS thou, as a [wo]man  to "GIVE-UP" up his or her  "GIVEN-name"!
ORDERS thou, as a [wo]man to perform ANY task (such as hand-over a Licence)!
et ceteras, et cetaras, et ceteras...
Deliever Upon HIM (or HER) a BILL (an INVOICE) !
(BILL / INVOICE: c. 1400; that of "order to pay" ( technically 'Bill of Exchange' is from 1570s)
Example:
When "HE" or "SHE" ( a Public Servant) makes their WISHES to perform known and ORDER(s) Upon thou ( a man or woman) make sure to require of Him or Her to remember "Fair-and-Just" COMPENSATION, is now due for carrying-out His or Her Wishes and ORDER(s)!

Written in Olde Worlde English to try to pretend it actually has some historic basis.
What is it?
Where is the legal basis for this rubbish?

Some of his posts seem like stream-of-altered-consciousness:
The start of a claim template but this is more of a strategy outline.

Identify and try to settle with prosecutor. Create evidence - record phone call, write a phone log (at this time I called the prosecutor at this number from this number).  Any harm?  Man does harm. No settle? If you take this to court I will file claim.

File claim.  Look at the "debt template" and practice writing out a claim.. 

Reference My Private Audio Call March 17 2013 at the 53 minute mark.

[53:00]  [traffic ticket]  who is going to try to interfer with my right travel?
Be cool with cop and ask cop who will prosecute?

within three days ask prosecutor to stop ticket prosecution

(To lawyer: I am better than a attorney yep I am a man and I have standing.  If attorney  lose get him for barratry and filing false claims against man.)

This officer wrote this error before he gets in trouble I am giving fair warning.

officer believes I have a privilege to drive and I believe I have a right to travel

[58:00] If case not dropped file a claim against prosecutor of ticket not cop moving a false claim through court. no injured party.

i am prosecutor (going against ticket prosecutor) vs respondent or wrongdoer who caused me an injury

within 3 day try to settle
day 4 file claim
interfering with my right to travel,
For some reason the cop believes I did injury or harm or operating under my driver license at that time which i was not.
i wish order and demanded prosecutor to desist frivolous claim against me and he refused to
and he is going to pursue in 30 days and i wish to be compensated for my time for answering a claim.

prosecutor: you better prove i interfered with someone's rights.  If you want to believe I was operating
under a license under that point in time you are mistaken.  Well you gave driver's license.  It is true  I gave your cop the license he has a gun.  I was under coercion.

Is someone called the state of california  going to come forward and make a claim I was operating their vehicle because of a title?
Is someone going to come forward named called the state of california that he owns a portion of the car and he can tell me what to do?

Is  man called the state of california going to come forward a makes a claim  that because of legal title and he is going register and inspect the car?   Is a man going to come forward yes or no?

Do you really want to take legal advice from this man?

Ruthful

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:55:04 PM

These links are junk.
What they are claiming (basically that you don't have to follow any law that doesn't directly damage a specific person or their property) is junk.
He is just trying to sell his books/DVDs. An impressive 4 Add To Carts and 2 Donates just on the one page.
And I'm going to go out on a wild limb and say that when people don't manage to avoid convictions for breaking the law, he will always say it is because they have implemented his ideas slightly wrong, rather than them being complete fantasy.

Buy an Invoice Pad today, to BILL the next Public SERVANT that Orders thou [You] !
(thou = singular cf. Ye - Nominative / You - Objective which are Plurals... i will explain later)
Example:
When A[NY] Public SERVANT stops thou at the side of the road and Orders a PERFORMANCE of and/or from thou by way of the use of His (or Her) Voice, these  UTTERANCES are defined as HIS (or HER) Wishes AND Orders delivered upon thou (placing a Burden Upon thou!)
 Example(s) :
(BILL / INVOICE: c. 1400; that of "order to pay" ( technically 'Bill of Exchange' is from 1570s)
Example:
When "HE" or "SHE" ( a Public Servant) makes their WISHES to perform known and ORDER(s) Upon thou ( a man or woman) make sure to require of Him or Her to remember "Fair-and-Just" COMPENSATION, is now due for carrying-out His or Her Wishes and ORDER(s)!

Written in Olde Worlde English to try to pretend it actually has some historic basis.
What is it?

Identify and try to settle with prosecutor. Create evidence - record phone call, write a phone log (at this time I called the prosecutor at this number from this number).  Any harm?  Man does harm. No settle? If you take this to court I will file claim.

File claim.  Look at the "debt template" and practice writing out a claim.. 

[53:00]  [traffic ticket]  who is going to try to interfer with my right travel?

(To lawyer: I am better than a attorney yep I am a man and I have standing.  If attorney  lose get him for barratry and filing false claims against man.)

This officer wrote this error before he gets in trouble I am giving fair warning.

officer believes I have a privilege to drive and I believe I have a right to travel

[58:00] If case not dropped file a claim against prosecutor of ticket not cop moving a false claim through court. no injured party.

i am prosecutor (going against ticket prosecutor) vs respondent or wrongdoer who caused me an injury

day 4 file claim
For some reason the cop believes I did injury or harm or operating under my driver license at that time which i was not.
i wish order and demanded prosecutor to desist frivolous claim against me and he refused to
and he is going to pursue in 30 days and i wish to be compensated for my time for answering a claim.

prosecutor: you better prove i interfered with someone's rights.  If you want to believe I was operating
under a license under that point in time you are mistaken.  Well you gave driver's license.  It is true  I gave your cop the license he has a gun.  I was under coercion.

Is someone called the state of california  going to come forward and make a claim I was operating their vehicle because of a title?
Is someone going to come forward named called the state of california that he owns a portion of the car and he can tell me what to do?

Is  man called the state of california going to come forward a makes a claim  that because of legal title and he is going register and inspect the car?   Is a man going to come forward yes or no?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this one of those "sovereign citizen" bullcrap that I kept hearing about?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:56:21 PM

Well, he said it works.   Huh

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:58:23 PM

These links are junk.

Example:
 Example(s) :
Example:

What is it?

Identify and try to settle with prosecutor. Create evidence - record phone call, write a phone log (at this time I called the prosecutor at this number from this number).  Any harm?  Man does harm. No settle? If you take this to court I will file claim.

File claim.  Look at the "debt template" and practice writing out a claim..  

[53:00]  [traffic ticket]  who is going to try to interfer with my right travel?

(To lawyer: I am better than a attorney yep I am a man and I have standing.  If attorney  lose get him for barratry and filing false claims against man.)

day 4 file claim

prosecutor: you better prove i interfered with someone's rights.  If you want to believe I was operating
under a license under that point in time you are mistaken.  Well you gave driver's license.  It is true  I gave your cop the license he has a gun.  I was under coercion.

Is someone called the state of california  going to come forward and make a claim I was operating their vehicle because of a title?

Is  man called the state of california going to come forward a makes a claim  that because of legal title and he is going register and inspect the car?   Is a man going to come forward yes or no?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is this one of those "sovereign citizen" bullcrap that I kept hearing about?

No, it's not. In fact, Karl is totally against the "'sovereign citizen' bullcrap that" you keep hearing about.

Smiley

EDIT: http://distribution-point.com/224af7db0140b9b6.html

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:08:37 PM

Look, all it has to do with is, if someone wrongs you, and won't make it right, you go to court with a claim against that person. This is standard stuff that has been done since the USA started. And it was developed in Britain over hundreds of years.

If the other party doesn't attempt to refute the claim, but if he could have attempted, or if he could have refuted, but doesn't, you win. This is the thing that the banks are doing to people with outstanding debts all the time. The difference is that a bank can only file a complaint, whereas people can file claims, if they have a vested interest in what they are claiming.

Smiley

EDIT: It's called common law. watch Judge Judy. When she gets a couple of people into court who are a little more organized, she doesn't say much. all she does is make a judgment based on the sworn testimony of the people involved, and the evidence they bring forth.

It can be done in Bangladesh, because Bangladesh is a common law country that uses English common law. The biggest problem is that the people are poor and ignorant much of the time. But if a wealthier person who knew how to read and write helped them out, there would be no stopping them. Either the government would have to become a civil law government, or they would win.

bitc0in

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

One day I shall rise!!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:26:31 PM

Pretty fucked-up news:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/11097208/Why-Bangladesh-will-jail-Bitcoin-traders.html

Bangladesh's central bank has warned against dealing in Bitcoin, saying anybody caught using the virtual currency could be jailed under the country's strict anti-money laundering laws.

The Bangladesh Bank, which regulates the impoverished country's banking industry, said it issued the order after reports in local media of Bitcoin transactions through various online exchange platforms.

"Bitcoin is not a legal tender of any country. Any transaction through Bitcoin or any other crypto currency is a punishable offence," the bank said in a statement on Monday.

Bank officials told AFP separately that anyone found guilty in Bangladesh of using Bitcoin could be sentenced to up to 12 years in jail.

And not very long time ago:

Bangladesh get its own Bitcoin Foundation

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112354/bangladesh-get-its-own-bitcoin-foundation

EDIT:

Found the link on reddit, one of the comments:

[–]rizzledizzle 30 points 4 hours ago

As a Bangladeshi, this is stupid but expected from the government. It's also not going to be enforced.

The country is so poor and corrupt, anything goes. I believe VOIP is still considered illegal to try and help the national telephone subsidy, but everyone still uses Skype/Facetime/etc.

If the above is true, it's possible that it's just a standard Bangladeshi gov's response to every new technology...

But can you imagine going to jail for 12 years for sending bitcoins? Madness.
One Word describes it all "CONSERVATIVE" madafakaz

There always lies a spark inside a cold heart!!
I am From Nepal<<Where Everest Lies>>
Satoshis??=1NYTHxvaqvoBVH5ttSpHv3TgdXGuRQMQZh
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:45:18 PM

maybe the price is declining because the bangladesh police hunts BTC dealers at the moment.

murraypaul

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:44:02 PM

Look, all it has to do with is, if someone wrongs you, and won't make it right, you go to court with a claim against that person. This is standard stuff that has been done since the USA started. And it was developed in Britain over hundreds of years.

Yes. And it has nothing to do with the rubbish you started with:
1. If you harm somebody;
3. Breach of contract.

That isn't the law. At least not in actual real world countries.

EDIT: It's called common law. watch Judge Judy.

Oh my god, did you just seriously say that?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:43:35 PM

Yes. And it has nothing to do with the rubbish you started with:
1. If you harm somebody;
3. Breach of contract.

That isn't the law. At least not in actual real world countries.

EDIT: It's called common law. watch Judge Judy.

Oh my god, did you just seriously say that?

Okay? I won't argue, because I don't know how Bangladesh common law works. But, it is English common law, so it should be similar to the U.K. Here is the basic stuff about common law in the U.S.

1. It is common knowledge that if you are accused of something, you have the right to face your accuser.

2. You can look up Trinsey v. Pagliaro yourself, but among the things that it says is, "An attorney for the plaintiff cannot admit evidence into the court. He is either an attorney or a witness". This means that the attorney for your accuser can't even speak if you don't let him, unless he is going to be witness with firsthand knowledge of your case. Of course, then he is the accuser, and can't act as an attorney.

3. Don't represent yourself. Don't let anyone represent you. Rather, be a man or woman and PRESENT yourself. This makes it so that you have to have a man or woman accuser face you with the accusation.

4. If the United States, or one of the States is bringing the charge against you, then the United States better take the stand. A representative for the United States isn't allowed to take the stand, because you have a right to face your accuser, and you are doing it man to man.

5. You win because the United States or the State isn't able to walk up to the stand, place its hand on the Bible, swear or affirm, and answer any of your questions in cross examination, including signing an affidavit to the claim of wrongdoing made against you.

6. If, somehow, the United States or the State manages to take the stand, there has to be real harm or damage, or breaking of a contract, shown before they can rule against you. They can accuse you of doing all kinds of things against a statute, and they may be absolutely right, but if there is no harm or damage, and if your name isn't listed and you haven't signed as a party to the statute, you win, they lose.

7. Go after them for money for filing a false claim against you.

This is American common law. It isn't English common law. English common law is a little more straight forward in some ways. It has Queen's Bench, which makes it more straight forward, even though there is an additional step.

English common law for Bangladesh.

If any of you readers are having problems in Bangladesh, contact Karl. He has a heavy workload. So, keep on trying if he doesn't get back to you right away. His contact locations are listed at the websites I have already listed in this thread.

If you are American, British (whole British Isles), or Canadian, Karl is ready to go. If CPS (or the corresponding governmental agency in Canada or the U.K.) took your kids, Karl will help you get them back without charging you for it.

I'm not saying any of this to drum up business for Karl. I'm saying it to help anyone who needs help. I am also saying it because we need to strengthen all the common law nations out there - Bangladesh - so that Bitcoin can remain freely in the hands of ALL the people.

Smiley

murraypaul

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:03:35 PM

Okay? I won't argue, because I don't know how Bangladesh common law works. But, it is English common law, so it should be similar to the U.K. Here is the basic stuff about common law in the U.S.

Sigh. So much rubbish.

1. It is common knowledge that if you are accused of something, you have the right to face your accuser.

2. You can look up Trinsey v. Pagliaro yourself

I can, and have. I don't think you have.
You just accepted what was said by someone else without checking it.

, but among the things that it says is, "An attorney for the plaintiff cannot admit evidence into the court. He is either an attorney or a witness".

No, it doesn't.
It says: (http://www.leagle.com/decision/1964876229FSupp647_1743)
The defendants' motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim unsupported by affidavits or depositions is incomplete because it requests this Court to consider facts outside the record which have not been presented in the form required by Rules 12(b) (6) and 56(c). Statements of counsel in their briefs or argument while enlightening to the Court are not sufficient for purposes of granting a motion to dismiss or summary judgment.

They failed to formally present evidence to the court in the correct way to support their case, just saying that such evidence existed wasn't enough.
Please try to find the words you have presented as a "quote" anywhere in the actual transcript of the case.

this means that the attorney for your accuser can't even speak if you don't let him, unless he is going to be witness with firsthand knowledge of your case. Of course, then he is the accuser, and can't act as an attorney.

No it doesn't.
He cannot give evidence. That doesn't mean he can't speak.
He can ask witnesses questions in order to examine and test their evidence.
He can describe the evidence that has been given.
He can sum up the evidence, and suggest what implications and conclusions should be drawn from it.

3. Don't represent yourself. Don't let anyone represent you. Rather, be a man or woman and PRESENT yourself. This makes it so that you have to have a man or woman accuser face you with the accusation.
This doesn't actually mean anything, so can't really be discussed.

4. If the United States, or one of the States is bringing the charge against you, then the United States better take the stand. A representative for the United States isn't allowed to take the stand, because you have a right to face your accuser, and you are doing it man to man.

5. You win because the United States or the State isn't able to walk up to the stand, place its hand on the Bible, swear or affirm, and answer any of your questions in cross examination, including signing an affidavit to the claim of wrongdoing made against you.
Rubbish. Simply untrue, as demonstrated by every criminal case in the US.

6. If, somehow, the United States or the State manages to take the stand, there has to be real harm or damage, or breaking of a contract, shown before they can rule against you. They can accuse you of doing all kinds of things against a statute, and they may be absolutely right, but if there is no harm or damage, and if your name isn't listed and you haven't signed as a party to the statute, you win, they lose.

Rubbish, as above.
You must have noticed that, in the real world, this simply isn't true.
There are thousands if not millions of people in prison in the US for drug crimes which don't fit any of your descriptions.
Do you really think that none of their lawyers spotted this obvious loophole you seem to think exists?

This is American common law.

No it isn't.

It isn't English common law.

Possibly the only correct statement in your entire post.

English common law is a little more straight forward in some ways. It has Queen's Bench, which makes it more straight forward, even though there is an additional step.

I'm fascinated by what you think the Queen's Bench is?
Here is a hint: The original King's/Queen's Bench for England and Wales as abolished in 1875. The current Queen's Bench is a division of the High Court of Justice.
You can read transcripts of their cases here: http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2014/

Your description of the law may well be wonderful idea.
But it does not reflect the law in this, the actual real world.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:19:01 PM

Sigh. So much rubbish.

2. You can look up Trinsey v. Pagliaro yourself

I can, and have. I don't think you have.
You just accepted what was said by someone else without checking it.

, but among the things that it says is, "An attorney for the plaintiff cannot admit evidence into the court. He is either an attorney or a witness".

No, it doesn't.
It says: (http://www.leagle.com/decision/1964876229FSupp647_1743)
The defendants' motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim unsupported by affidavits or depositions is incomplete because it requests this Court to consider facts outside the record which have not been presented in the form required by Rules 12(b) (6) and 56(c). Statements of counsel in their briefs or argument while enlightening to the Court are not sufficient for purposes of granting a motion to dismiss or summary judgment.

They failed to formally present evidence to the court in the correct way to support their case, just saying that such evidence existed wasn't enough.
Please try to find the words you have presented as a "quote" anywhere in the actual transcript of the case.

this means that the attorney for your accuser can't even speak if you don't let him, unless he is going to be witness with firsthand knowledge of your case. Of course, then he is the accuser, and can't act as an attorney.

No it doesn't.
He cannot give evidence. That doesn't mean he can't speak.
He can ask witnesses questions in order to examine and test their evidence.
He can describe the evidence that has been given.
He can sum up the evidence, and suggest what implications and conclusions should be drawn from it.

This doesn't actually mean anything, so can't really be discussed.

Rubbish. Simply untrue, as demonstrated by every criminal case in the US.

Rubbish, as above.
You must have noticed that, in the real world, this simply isn't true.
There are thousands if not millions of people in prison in the US for drug crimes which don't fit any of your descriptions.
Do you really think that none of their lawyers spotted this obvious loophole you seem to think exists?

This is American common law.

No it isn't.

It isn't English common law.

Possibly the only correct statement in your entire post.

English common law is a little more straight forward in some ways. It has Queen's Bench, which makes it more straight forward, even though there is an additional step.

I'm fascinated by what you think the Queen's Bench is?
Here is a hint: The original King's/Queen's Bench for England and Wales as abolished in 1875. The current Queen's Bench is a division of the High Court of Justice.
You can read transcripts of their cases here: http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2014/

Your description of the law may well be wonderful idea.
But it does not reflect the law in this, the actual real world.

That's the problem. Folks simply love to be led like sheep to the slaughter in front of the judges, because they don't know that they can stand up in ways other than what is normally done.

Regarding Trinsey v. Pagliaro, the site you gave didn't have the whole case, at least not that I could see. In cases, there are often many "holdings" that have little to do with the particular case, yet they form precedence. The holding I listed above, is in the actual T. v. P. case judgment rendering by the judge. Find it and you will see.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: