Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:48:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Magazine ~ The Online Version  (Read 12097 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 09:53:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61017.msg873191#msg873191
Even though I'd love to give the exact print date here, the management at Bitcoin Magazine won't allow me and instead direct you to a press release on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 at 10:00AM. It's news I am sure everyone (except trolls/detractors) will be very happy to hear.

It's been a fun ride getting to this point, but now it's time to say goodbye to all the trolls and start representing the Bitcoin community in a professional way that will actually bring people into it instead of scaring them away.

Keep a close eye on http://www.bitcoinmagazine.net starting Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 at 10AM as I will no longer be giving announcements on this thread.

Thanks for the wait everyone!

Surely not the announcement some were looking for, but it is an announcement nonetheless. I visited the online version of Bitcoin Magazine, and must state that I'm impressed.

Feel free to comment on the physical Bitcoin Magazine on this thread but, moreover, we can, at the same time, offer up and improve upon the online version.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 10:31:28 PM

I was hunting for my receipt and realized (pretty sure) that I haven't yet subscribed to Bitcoin Magazine. I thought I was one of the first to do such and since then I've assumed I did, but guess I didn't, but have now, with proof below. I can't wait till 10:01AM (timezone?) on May 1, 2012, so that I can publicly state I want a refund.  Grin Seriously, I won't be requesting a refund under any circumstances.

God spede (M.E.), Matthew!

~Bruno~
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 01:40:10 AM

You know... in my short time of speaking to Matt personally, I've found he has an amazing ability to turn a PM from me saying something along the lines of "My balls itch. I want to scratch, but don't want to irritate my scrotum. Just thought I'd tell you because everybody else reasonably has no interest in the well-being of my genitals." and seamlessly turn it into something which becomes beneficial for both of us in ways I'd never expect. Soon, I'm changing my lending strategy, new people are invited to a conversation, partnerships are formed, and have a to-do list made up in my head to better my own dealings. It's some type of extreme Butterfly Effect has creates. Go to him, tell him about the new zit on your ass, change Bitcoin's destiny. I can't imagine a more well-suited person to head this effort up.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 02:06:03 AM

You know... in my short time of speaking to Matt personally, I've found he has an amazing ability to turn a PM from me saying something along the lines of "My balls itch. I want to scratch, but don't want to irritate my scrotum. Just thought I'd tell you because everybody else reasonably has no interest in the well-being of my genitals." and seamlessly turn it into something which becomes beneficial for both of us in ways I'd never expect. Soon, I'm changing my lending strategy, new people are invited to a conversation, partnerships are formed, and have a to-do list made up in my head to better my own dealings. It's some type of extreme Butterfly Effect has creates. Go to him, tell him about the new zit on your ass, change Bitcoin's destiny. I can't imagine a more well-suited person to head this effort up.

I echo your sentiment completely, Kluge, but at the same time I've learnt that this community feeds on (damn! a good word needs inserted here, but it eludes me). Unfortunately for Matthew, he fits that bill, whether he placed himself in that position by accident or not. The guy has done some great things for Bitcoin and this community and, I believe, his greatest achievement(s) has yet to be unveiled. That said, I've become part of the chorus/narrative in ribbing Matthew but, as for me, always in the kindest way possible. If I saw a need to start ramming it up his butt, I would PM him first stating what I'm about to do so and why. Personally, I have a wee doubt that he's going to produce a 100 page magazine of a certain quality he's outlined, but hope he does, thereby sticking it my, and everybody else's, asses.

Did I mention that the Bitcoin Magazine website is A+?

~Bruno~
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 04:32:46 AM

I think that punchtab rewards thing isn't working properly. I've been promoting several articles without being given credit for it.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 05:06:03 PM

Damn you, Matthew! I really like the Bitcoin Magazine website. This post serves as a bump to make sure all have seen it or give it a second look. http://bitcoinmagazine.net/

~Bruno~
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 11:47:56 AM

Hmm, looking at the website.. it's past 10AM in quite a few timezones... No news yet... did Matthew mention anything about which timezone?

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 03:30:55 PM

Hmm, looking at the website.. it's past 10AM in quite a few timezones... No news yet... did Matthew mention anything about which timezone?

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/bitcoin-magazine-press-release/

Should be delivered by May 16 (however individual shipments especially for international subscribers may vary).

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:43:14 PM

So, we can expect the June issue to be delivered by June 16?  He did, after all, promise timely deliveries once the first issue finally went to print!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:50:30 PM

So, we can expect the June issue to be delivered by June 16?  He did, after all, promise timely deliveries once the first issue finally went to print!
Maybe he'll deliver the first and the second editions together.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 05:36:55 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2012, 05:48:31 PM by chris200x9

SCAM I got no email with my digital version - it's finished so let me read it!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:08:53 AM

Bitcoin Magazine is an industry standard 64 page glossy magazine, with an initial 5,000 issue run.

It seems to be missing 36 pages. I paid for a 100 page magazine. Did you guys pay for 100 pages or 2/3 of a magazine? What will we learn next? The font size will be Reader's Digest Large Print?

Matthew N. Wright
Bittalk Media Ltd.
Tapton Park Innovation Centre
Brimington Road, Chesterfield,
S41 0TZ, UK

Did Matthew move to the UK or is there another Matthew N. Wright?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:16:05 AM

Bitcoin Magazine is an industry standard 64 page glossy magazine, with an initial 5,000 issue run.

It seems to be missing 36 pages. I paid for a 100 page magazine. Did you guys pay for 100 pages or 2/3 of a magazine? What will we learn next? The font size will be Reader's Digest Large Print?

Matthew N. Wright
Bittalk Media Ltd.
S41 0TZ, UK

he must be using a UK address from someone on his team for a better image.

64pages is good! please click Print, i wana read it!  Cheesy

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:56:54 AM

Matthew N. Wright
Bittalk Media Ltd.
S41 0TZ, UK

he must be using a UK address from someone on his team for a better image.

64pages is good! please click Print, i wana read it!  Cheesy

This is what I'm in reference to: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61017.msg864407#msg864407

Awesome! How many pages did you work? Our magazine started out at 64 originally but we've already boosted it up to 100. If you're interested and I can see some of your previous work, I'd welcome the assistance of those whom have experience in publishing periodicals.

Therefore, at at-least one point, the original first issue was to have 100 pages, not 64. Did Bitcoin Magazine suffer a 36% attack?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 02:13:16 PM

Therefore, at at-least one point, the original first issue was to have 100 pages, not 64. Did Bitcoin Magazine suffer a 36% attack?
Cry I want my pages back.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:39:58 PM

Cry I want my pages back.

No need to worry, rjk. I'm sure Matthew will make it Wright by N.cluding the missing 36 pages in the second issue. I, for one, can't wait to receive that 136 page issue of Bitcoin Magazine.

~Cackling Bear~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 03:26:58 AM

And I have another issue with the forthcoming issue of Bitcoin Magazine. One of the key reasons I opt to purchase the first issue was that I was under the understanding that only about 2,000 would be printed. Now I learn that the first run consist of 5,000 issues, thus decreasing my investment by 3,000%. But as long as that anonymous guy isn't on the cover as Matthew once stated probably won't be due to concerns express on this forum, I guess I'll probably still be happy.

~Cackling Bear~
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 04:58:13 AM

Matthew closed the other thread.  Just curious, has anyone received this magazine yet?
According to press release, first subscribers to read the physical magazine will see it ~May 16th. Maybe someone will get one on the 14th, very possibly on the 15th. 3rd, though? Way too soon.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 02:45:39 PM

Matthew closed the other thread.  Just curious, has anyone received this magazine yet?
According to press release, first subscribers to read the physical magazine will see it ~May 16th. Maybe someone will get one on the 14th, very possibly on the 15th. 3rd, though? Way too soon.

Thanks, I didn't see the press release.

How did you miss it? It's in Reader's Digest Large Print font.

~Cackling Bear~
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 04:56:34 AM

Bump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: