Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:56:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Magazine ~ The Online Version  (Read 12102 times)
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 06:34:10 PM

I don't think this is a scam but I don't get why there are no comments on this delay.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 06:37:29 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2012, 06:51:16 PM by Dansker

Hmm, if there is a company registered in England for this, and they do not deliver, can someone declare them bancrupt?

PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 06:39:50 PM

I subscribed for 3 issues.
Hope it will ever arive.
Hope....
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 06:42:15 PM

This is the company`s info:

BitTalk Media Ltd
 Tapton Park Innovation Centre
 Brimington Rd, Chesterfield
 Derbyshire, S41 0TZ, UK Telephone:+44 871 288 6978
 E-mail: info@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk

Greetz
Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 06:57:35 PM

This is the company`s info:

BitTalk Media Ltd
 Tapton Park Innovation Centre
 Brimington Rd, Chesterfield
 Derbyshire, S41 0TZ, UK Telephone:+44 871 288 6978
 E-mail: info@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk

Greetz

We all know who they are, it'd be ridiculously stupid for them to scam us. The magazine was never a scam, my guess is their having some problems at the moment, I've noticed Matthew isn't as talkative on Skype as he used to be. Its totally understandable, I don't know where to begin to try and make a proper professionally written printed magazine & its pretty impressive they've gotten so far, so I'm surprised they haven't come out and explained whats going on.

Hmm, if there is a company registered in England for this, and they do not deliver, can someone declare them bancrupt?

Wow, an apologist, alive and kicking!

I wish you the customers at my restaurant were as patient as you, I could serve my food cold and 10 hours late, and you would still be delighted!

The company has to declare bankrupt, we don't do that. That only happens when they can't afford to pay their debt. We can sue the company if it is a scam, however it's likely not a scam.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 07:36:41 PM

hoping for tomorrow's mail!  I put my office address, so if I don't get it tomorrow, then I have to wait until Monday  Sad

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 07:41:45 PM

I wish you the customers at my restaurant were as patient as you, I could serve my food cold and 10 hours late, and you would still be delighted!

I'm not sure you realize how expensive and difficult it has been for these guys. The mistake they made was announcing it too early and not researching fully how difficult it was going to be.

Obviously if my food was 1 hour late I'd have left, but making my food doesn't require tons of start-up money, months of planning & research and lots of business meetings. These guys managed to pull off a very difficult task.

Think of it this way, its not OK for my food to be an hour late, but it'd be OK for my flight to the moon to be a few years late.

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 09:03:47 PM

I'm not sure you realize how expensive and difficult it has been for these guys. The mistake they made was announcing it too early and not researching fully how difficult it was going to be.

Obviously if my food was 1 hour late I'd have left, but making my food doesn't require tons of start-up money, months of planning & research and lots of business meetings. These guys managed to pull off a very difficult task.

Think of it this way, its not OK for my food to be an hour late, but it'd be OK for my flight to the moon to be a few years late.

If I remember correctly the people publishing the magazine have published many other magazines before. This is not a new buisness venture for them. Maybe for the writers but not the publishers.

bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:07:50 PM

What people don't seem to realise that since they are a UK business they can easily get us all screwed by declaring bankruptcy and since all payments were in BTC leave for the islands right now without anyone able to do anything.

However, I think it is very unlikely this is a scam. This is not BFL, you know ... Wink
Blazr

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:47:01 PM

What people don't seem to realise that since they are a UK business they can easily get us all screwed by declaring bankruptcy and since all payments were in BTC leave for the islands right now without anyone able to do anything.

However, I think it is very unlikely this is a scam. This is not BFL, you know ... Wink

If they declare bankruptcy all of the companies assets will be seized, sold & used to pay off all debtors.

Also, they can only declare bankruptcy if they are unable to pay their debtors.

There would be a court day and there would be many questions asked about the business & lots of auditing of the books, if they found out they had a ton of undelivered magazines I doubt they'd be allowed declare bankruptcy until it was resolved.

Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 09:48:05 PM

You can start a UK ltd company with almost no capital backing anyways. It doesn't mean anything other than what the name implies: Limited liability.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 12:23:00 AM

Hello ------,

In our announcement we stated that US customers should start to receive the magazine on May 16. I would like to reassure you that your copy of the 1st issue has not been lost and is still being delivered. Because it is so late in the week, if you have not yet received your copy then you should expect it at the beginning of next week. We would like to apologize for any delay but due to a quality issue we had to change printers at the last minute.  Thank you for your continued support of Bitcoin Magazine.

Sincerely,

Adam Harding
Account Manager - Bitcoin Magazine

EDIT:  Also, Matthew told me that they were already in the mail as well.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 02:42:37 AM

So we were wrong, can't wait to finally get the magazine!

yea no...this doesn't mean we were wrong I got this reply too, what's the difference between saying "it's going to print" and "it's in the mail"? We still don't have it, it could still be a scam.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 05:42:33 PM

Good News! I see the mailman across the street, and it looks like he's carrying something. Will report back after he delivers here.

Please, God, let it be Bitcoin Magazine.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 06:56:39 PM

I don't want Coineer. I WANT BITCOIN MAGAZINE!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 07:06:09 PM

While doing an image search to supply the humor above, I saw something that tickled me. Hope you enjoy. (not edited--only clipped and cropped)

BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 07:37:03 PM

Good News! I see the mailman across the street, and it looks like he's carrying something. Will report back after he delivers here.

Please, God, let it be Bitcoin Magazine.

Probably just bills.

Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
May 18, 2012, 07:59:42 PM

At least Coineer actually delivered.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 08:37:29 PM

+1 they have my full support if they can deliver more of it, at least we can enjoy the time spent on the throne with something

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 10:43:36 PM

+1 they have my full support if they can deliver more of it, at least we can enjoy the time spent on the throne with something

Dude, I'm on the throne reading this! Seriously!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: