Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Magazine ~ The Online Version  (Read 12100 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:45:04 PM

So serious question can we get a refund or did the scammers already spend it all?

Second serious question is why hasn't a scammer tag been handed out?
I mean if you take coins but don't deliver but never actually admit to a scam is that the "scammmer loophole"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 05:52:15 PM

So serious question can we get a refund or did the scammers already spend it all?

Second serious question is why hasn't a scammer tag been handed out?
I mean if you take coins but don't deliver but never actually admit to a scam is that the "scammmer loophole"?
If you look back a page or two, supposedly, it's in the mail, and we should be receiving it "early this week".  They said there was a switch of printer, resulting in a short delay.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:54:35 PM

Hi,

We've run into each other on the forums quite a lot and I never had a problem with you, but I noticed lately you've taken a stance regarding a legitimate project I am involved in. Since you're apparently adamant in your ignorance about the situation, I encourage you to either:

• file a police report in Spain
  • make a betsofbitco.in bet that the Bitcoin Magazine is a scam and won't deliver (please make it a large one though, as the lesson you learn is directly proportional to the amount lost)

Cheers!

Matthew N. Wright
Editor in Chief
Bitcoin Magazine
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

people in the office are definitely starting to think I'm crazy...

"hopefully tomorrow!"

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 08:10:34 PM

So if it's still coming, what kind of discount are we all looking at?

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 09:52:01 PM

Expect magazine within next 72 hours. The printers shipped a bunch of them on Friday and the remainder were shipped today.

So like 3 months got it. If "next week" can turn into 6 months I'm assuming this 72 hours means about 3 months.
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:17:52 PM

So like 3 months got it. If "next week" can turn into 6 months I'm assuming this 72 hours means about 3 months.

The printers already shipped them, its up to the postal service now.

Are you affiliated with the magazine? Did you see it? Frankly I don't trust anyone at that magazine.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 01:14:00 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2012, 01:55:42 AM by Vladimir

Expect magazine within next 72 hours. The printers shipped a bunch of them on Friday and the remainder were shipped today.

The above is not exactly accurate, but pretty close. 72 by the way is the number of pages. This thing is out of our hands by now and is in shipping/handling stage. We have not seen actual printed issue #1 ourselves just yet. Some West Coast based subscribers will get printed magazine pretty soon, likely even earlier than anyone on Bitcoin Magazine team. There is also a surprise coming up for those who likes collectibles but details on that will not be revealed probably until #2 is out.

Sorry about all the delays, but it takes time and money to turn a bunch of amateurs into a (semi)pro magazine team on a shoestring budget. It should be easier with #2 (which is being worked on now) and onwards. Still, #2 likely will take slightly longer than one month to push out. After that I hope we will be able to stick much closer to a monthly schedule.

Those who want to get the best ad spots in #2 do contact us now (we will give away free online and possibly digital edition ads to early print advertisers). Also check out our bulk pricing, with free shipping it is a very decent deal particularly for international customers (at cost or even a slight loss for us). Once we have the magazine copies in a warehouse we will be able to ship #1  promptly for all those ordering when it is "in stock".

Anyone willing to be a regional distributor in EU OZ NZ etc... do get in touch please. Writers and illustrators willing to contribute to Bitcoin Magazine please do get in touch too.

This is not an official statement, just some random rant.

-
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 01:18:49 AM

The above is not exactly accurate, but pretty close. 72 by the way is the number of pages. This thing is out of our hands by now and is in shipping/handling stage. We have not seen actual printed issue #1 ourselves just yet. Some West Coast based subscribers will get actual printed magazine pretty soon, likely even earlier than anyone on Bitcoin Magazine team. There is also some surprise coming up for those who likes collectibles but details on that will not be revealed probably until #2 is out.

Sorry about all the delays, but it takes time and money to turn a bunch of amateurs into a (semi)pro magazine team on a shoestring budget. It should be easier with #2 (which is being worked on now) and onwards. Still, #2 likely will take slightly longer than one month to push out. After that I hope we will be able to stick much closer to a monthly schedule.

Those who want to get the best ad spots in #2 do contact us now. Also check out bulk pricing on the copies, with free shipping it is a very decent deal.

This is not an official statement, just some random rant.

If we paid already can we see it online yet?

Vladimir

-

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 01:19:55 AM

The electronic version will be released a few weeks after international customers get their printed copy.

-
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 02:33:07 AM

The electronic version will be released a few weeks after international customers get their printed copy.

Ok.  Looking forward to seeing my ad!

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:35:17 AM

Why you want discount?  I just want a magazine!  Woot!

Fold for spending BTCs

Vladimir

-

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 06:42:35 AM

Discount? We are looking into rising some prices based on our better understanding of costs involved in production of a niche magazine. Cannot do it below costs for long.

-
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 12:25:58 PM

Discount? We are looking into rising some prices based on our better understanding of costs involved in production of a niche magazine. Cannot do it below costs for long.

Not getting much advertising?

Can I assist with selling Ads?  Once I get my first issue, I'll gladly pound the pavement to push ads in your magazine.

Feel free to e-mail/PM me if that is an option.

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 05:38:15 PM

Good news! I just spoke with my mailman and he told me that he's goin' to be a grandfather--again.

~Cackling Bear~
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 07:05:01 PM

Good news! I just spoke with my mailman and he told me that he's goin' to be a grandfather--again.

~Cackling Bear~

here's to looking forward to tomorrow -- again.

Fold for spending BTCs

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 08:48:43 PM

I just got back from seeing my lawyer on this matter. I'm suing to get my $6 USD (or whatever I paid) back. My lawyer was going to charge me $1,000 to start the process. To prove to you folks that I'm not an idiot, I renegotiated the initial cost and had to only pay him $750. He asked me if I was planning on pursuing a class action suit, but I told him that I would get back with him tomorrow on that, because I'm waiting till my "man" got out of French 101 class.

~Cackling Bear~
chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:32:11 PM

I just got back from seeing my lawyer on this matter. I'm suing to get my $6 USD (or whatever I paid) back. My lawyer was going to charge me $1,000 to start the process. To prove to you folks that I'm not an idiot, I renegotiated the initial cost and had to only pay him $750. He asked me if I was planning on pursuing a class action suit, but I told him that I would get back with him tomorrow on that, because I'm waiting till my "man" got out of French 101 class.

~Cackling Bear~

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 12:16:13 PM

~Cackling Bear~

here's to looking forward to tomorrow -- again.

Fingers & toes crossed!

Fold for spending BTCs

chris200x9
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 05:17:27 PM

Didn't come today, seriously can these bafoons not lie for once "we sent it out friday" BULLSHIT if you did it'd be here by now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: