Print  
Author Topic: Hey  (Read 1625 times)
Supraman (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
Hey
September 16, 2014, 12:52:56 AM

Noob here, friends told me about bitcoin. what is the best wallet to use for a noob like me, who doesn't know much? and, can someone give me a boost and let me try it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:05:45 AM

Noob here, friends told me about bitcoin. what is the best wallet to use for a noob like me, who doesn't know much?

Depends on your needs and abilities.

and, can someone give me a boost and let me try it out.

Begging is not allowed in this forum.
mezmerizer9

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:07:48 AM

Best wallet... In my opinion it's blockchain.info and for a starting try out some faucets. I will post you some that might be useful.

First of all this can get you a fair amount of free bitcoins if you are patient, so don't expect to get rich of it, it's still free btc so let's grab as much as we can.

Second, we will be combining a few sites to max the profit.

-freebitco.in   ( freebitco.in )   this site can payout really high amount but you'll need to have a few referals in order to do so, but it's still one with the best and comfirmed payouts

-dailybitcoins.org ( dailybitcoins.org ) This is one of my favorite btc sites. Request a payment every hour, try to unleast, to recieve a payment and a VOUCHER. Now, redeem those vouchers and you can later sell them at Peerbet.org (just type in hte chat @voucher and paste your voucher code) or you can advertise with those vouchers. It is good to combine freebitco.in with coinurl and then put that shortened link, so you also get btc when someone views your ad

-Coinurl.com ( Coinurl.com ) great site if you have your blog or a website or in a combination with dailybitcoins. Don't have anything else much to say about this

-CoinAd.com ( CoinAd.com ) My favorite site. Very simple PTC faucet with a fairly high payouts that you can earn in 2-3 days (payouts take some time). Strongly Recomend this one

-bitcrate.me and coinbox.me   ( bitcrate.me )  ( coinbox.me )  Best colection of faucets, you can hit the minimum withdraw within a few hours and payouts are farely fast, every 6 hours I think. I also STRONGLY recomend these two

Then, when you're high rank enough, you can join a signature campaign here. I've just ordered some google android tablet from ebay using btc I've earned last month from signature campaigns. Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

dailycoins

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Dailycoins.net

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:08:43 AM

You could start with official Bitcoin wallet and collect some coins from Bitcoin faucets. That's the best way to learn how everything works. After you're familiar with it you can try other wallets and see what works best for you.

Supraman (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:10:18 AM

ok i will try blockchain, any other? its like choosing bank lol
treihon

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:56:20 AM

I'm using Multibit. It's pretty simple to install and use, but has minimal functionality (at least as far as I know how to use it).

You could start with official Bitcoin wallet and collect some coins from Bitcoin faucets. That's the best way to learn how everything works. After you're familiar with it you can try other wallets and see what works best for you.

The official wallet is too "heavy" for someone new to this, I think.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:55:04 AM

Noob here, friends told me about bitcoin. what is the best wallet to use for a noob like me, who doesn't know much? and, can someone give me a boost and let me try it out.

For newbs is easiest to use lightweight wallets like Blockchain, Multibit or electrum.

Try it using faucets.

clickhero

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:44:25 AM

Electrum is the best for a newcomer, it sync in a second and it's very user friendly.
Koko

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:33:01 PM

Like the others have said, either go with blockchain or electrum. Blockchain is an online wallet, while electrum is a desktop wallet. So it depends on what you would prefer.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:23:01 PM

It's not like choosing bank, choosing bank is a pain in the ass and they will put you all sort of difficulties if you want to leave, with this is fast, anonymous and uncompromised  Tongue

oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:53:14 PM

Blockchain or electrum are the two I would advise you look into and possibly try. These are the only two I will advise friends to use who show an interest in bitcoin and they are pretty simple to use if you are new to this.
Zebra

Activity: 612
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:15:19 AM

Noob here, friends told me about bitcoin. what is the best wallet to use for a noob like me, who doesn't know much?

For newbie users, blockchain.info is a good choice. It is easy to use, and the users have full control of their private keys.
Don't forget to enable 2fa and backup your wallet file though.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:23:48 AM

If you truly wan't the best look into different ones with multi authentication, or best yet cold storage.

Asking for coins wont help.  I suggest selling goods or services if you don't have a miner or can not buy.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:54:09 AM

Another believer in Blockchain.info here.  Haven't had any real issues and don't think it would be a bad option for a beginner user to bitcoin.  I'd recommend it to anybody I met or have know for a long time.  It is obviously a matter of preference but I've never found and read of any significant flaws in years of using the site.
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:19:47 AM

For small amount, blockchain is ok. For larger amount, you will need your own local wallet.
KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:39:57 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 04:51:45 AM by KingZee

You should use blockchain.info, easy as cake

Beep boop beep boop
Zebra

Activity: 612

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

You should use blockchain.io, easy as cake

Looks like you have made a small typo here. It should be .info rather than .io Wink

KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:52:01 AM

You should use blockchain.io, easy as cake

Looks like you have made a small typo here. It should be .info rather than .io Wink

Yep! Edited

Beep boop beep boop
Leina

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:07:49 AM

For convenient, most people sign up an account on exchange and use their wallet.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:35:29 AM

Welcome this is my usual advice; don't trust anyone here, if you want to trade in the market subforum use always the services of an escrow!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: