Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:39:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Profit from the slow decline of BTC while holding [PPC]  (Read 1608 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:23:57 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 04:37:12 PM by Hyena

Yesterday I panic-bought 3000 PPC when NuBits release date was announced: http://nubits.com/

Yes, I sold most of my hot-wallet bitcoins and bought peercoins because if you look at the PPC/BTC history:
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/ppc/btc/btc-e/alltime

you will see that it's been a year since PPC traded that low against BTC and many great news are about to come in near future (PeerShares, NuBits, Cold Minting). It is also known that should BTC skyrocket, PPC goes even higher (just look at the last PPC/BTC bubble and you will see that it correlates positively to the last BTC/USD bubble).

When I bought into PPC yesterday it traded 0.0017 BTC/PPC and now it's already 0.0021 BTC/PPC. I'm bullish on bitcoin but while it's having a mid-term low I'd suggest buying into promising altcoins and grow your stash without becoming bearish on cryptocurrencies in general.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:27:27 PM

What's PeerShares?
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 01:54:00 PM

What's PeerShares?

I'm glad you asked Cheesy because PeerShares is the very reason I'm so bullish on Peercoin. You can check it out here: http://peershares.net/

But simply put, peershares allows anyone to easily create their own PoS based shares as a separate block chain. These shares can be traded on exchanges similarly to altcoins in general. However, it has built into the PeerShares protocol that the issuer of the shares can easily send dividends to all the shareholders. The dividends will be sent as peercoins.

Simple use case for PeerShares:
You have a great idea of another Satoshi Dice implementation. You create 1000000 shares out of thin air and sell them to investors. Now when your project starts generating revenue you are going to pay dividends to the shareholders but thanks to PeerShares you don't have to track the ownership of the shares yourself. Instead you will just throw the peercoins into the PeerShares network as dividends and they become available to every shareholder accordingly to their share. The shareholders can sell their shares even OTC if they wanted to.

cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:13:10 PM

What's PeerShares?

I'm glad you asked Cheesy because PeerShares is the very reason I'm so bullish on Peercoin. You can check it out here: http://peershares.net/

But simply put, peershares allows anyone to easily create their own PoS based shares as a separate block chain. These shares can be traded on exchanges similarly to altcoins in general. However, it has built into the PeerShares protocol that the issuer of the shares can easily send dividends to all the shareholders. The dividends will be sent as peercoins.

You have a great idea of another Satoshi Dice implementation. You create 1000000 shares out of thin air and sell them to investors. Now when your project starts generating revenue you are going to pay dividends to the shareholders but thanks to PeerShares you don't have to track the ownership of the shares yourself. Instead you will just throw the peercoins into the PeerShares network as dividends and they become available to every shareholder accordingly to their share. The shareholders can sell their shares even OTC if they wanted to.

so its basically just another asset exchange.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:30:29 PM

so its basically just another asset exchange.

it's not an exchange. Exchanges can integrate PeerShares if they want to but PeerShare block chains can be created by anyone without the need to create a new altcoin.

cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

wow, peercoin went from $1 when this thread started to 1.40 in like 2 days. im impressed. should have listened.
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:25:03 AM

I think it is a good idea for issuing share and keep track the ownership. But we need regulators to protect investors.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

I think it is a good idea for issuing share and keep track the ownership. But we need regulators to protect investors.

I don't see how it couldn't work with regulations. PeerShares is just a technology. You can still build regulations on top of that.

Speaking of PPC, god it tripled its value since I bought in Cheesy

Starts to look like a parabolic rise already Cheesy and it's not even 23rd yet. Will we see some premature crashes like with AuroraCoin?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: