Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mitt Romney(president) and Ron Paul (vp)  (Read 4518 times)
steelhouse (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 08:43:51 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2012, 09:44:14 AM by steelhouse

To me this is the perfect ticket.  With Ron Paul you gain the younger vote, the Texas south vote, and you also get a large percentage from the left.  The only demographic you hurt is women who don't like Ron Paul.

RP still attracts massive crowds, and if Paul gave a 10 minute warm-up and Romney at 20 minute crusher, poor ole Obama will be back in Hawaii  in no time.  Maybe the GOP, can sign off on it if RP agree to keep defense spending adjusted for inflation when he was in the service.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 10:54:51 AM

To me this is the perfect ticket.  With Ron Paul you gain the younger vote, the Texas south vote, and you also get a large percentage from the left.  The only demographic you hurt is women who don't like Ron Paul.

RP still attracts massive crowds, and if Paul gave a 10 minute warm-up and Romney at 20 minute crusher, poor ole Obama will be back in Hawaii  in no time.  Maybe the GOP, can sign off on it if RP agree to keep defense spending adjusted for inflation when he was in the service.

But what Ron Paul supporter is going to support Mitt Romney?

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 11:39:05 AM

Maybe the GOP, can sign off on it if RP agree to keep defense spending adjusted for inflation when he was in the service.

Ahahahahahaha.  When he was in the service in World War II ??  Keep dreaming.  We'd have to double our already ridiculous war spending in order to reach those levels.  Not going to happen, unless you'd like to start shooting infantry to the moon?

Enjoy your brokered convention fight and split vote then...

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 12:58:21 PM

How on Earth could Ron Paul be on a ticket with Romney ?  He'd need to abandon everything he stands for.
steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 01:08:01 PM

If you actually listen and understand what Romney says you will see he follows Paul almost 100% on economic issues,  except for ending the fed and supporting the bank bailouts.  On social issues they are similar, federal government should not be involved.  They are both from the working sector.  They both have character.  Both understand that people work at corporations and stockholders are people.  They understand the importance of the choice in the private sector as oppose to planners in the public sector.   Both oppose unions,  that they prevent people from getting jobs there.  Both support a strong defense at home.  

I support both Ron Paul and Mitt Romney.
Kilmyos

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:45:25 AM

If you actually listen and understand what Romney says you will see he follows Paul almost 100% on economic issues,  except for ending the fed and supporting the bank bailouts.  On social issues they are similar, federal government should not be involved.  They are both from the working sector.  They both have character.  Both understand that people work at corporations and stockholders are people.  They understand the importance of the choice in the private sector as oppose to planners in the public sector.   Both oppose unions,  that they prevent people from getting jobs there.  Both support a strong defense at home.  

I'm not an alcoholic, except for 3 beers a night and passing out in bars on the weekends.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:51:33 AM

I think you missed the point... where did you learn about ron paul?
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:29:33 AM

Other then military action, what does the president have immediate executive power over? I mean, I see presidents promise all sorts of shit that they can't even hold since they don't have control over it.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 05:32:55 AM

Other then military action, what does the president have immediate executive power over? I mean, I see presidents promise all sorts of shit that they can't even hold since they don't have control over it.

And wouldn't military action be one of the most important differences between these two men?

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:37:58 AM

And wouldn't military action be one of the most important differences between these two men?
I don't know much about Romney's stance on it to be honest. I want a president that isn't going to pussy out when we are threatened (Iran, NKorea). Nukes, mother fucking ninjas, whatever it takes to get the job done. Show them we don't fuck around.

'Merica, fuck yeah!

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:47:49 AM

I don't know much about Romney's stance on it to be honest. I want a president that isn't going to pussy out when we are threatened (Iran, NKorea). Nukes, mother fucking ninjas, whatever it takes to get the job done. Show them we don't fuck around.

'Merica, fuck yeah!

Never vote for someone who hasn't killed another man then.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 05:50:24 AM

'Merica, fuck yeah!

mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:50:47 AM

'Merica, fuck yeah!

Never vote for someone who hasn't killed another man then.
+1

Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 06:01:31 PM

The Republican party will never do anything to legitimize Ron Paul.  Sorry Sad

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 09:10:23 PM

The Republican party will never do anything to legitimize Ron Paul.  Sorry Sad

The current crop? No. The new crop, who knows:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/charlie-mahtesian/2012/04/ron-pauls-alaska-payback-121953.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-pauls-stealth-state-convention-takeover/2012/05/02/gIQAjJVPwT_blog.html

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/2012-election/ron-pauls-quiet-takeover-republican-party

Don't worry, I'm sure power will corrupt all of these people. But it's still interesting.

steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 03:55:21 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 08:32:46 AM by steelhouse

Are we really so sure Romney is the nominee. Here's is an interesting "reality check" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyz2VdjSz0&feature=youtu.be

I use to say that until last week.  I will give you until Texas.  But, if he does not win that, is not it over?
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 08:39:55 PM

Are we really so sure Romney is the nominee. Here's is an interesting "reality check" -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyz2VdjSz0&feature=youtu.be
Well that gives me more hope for Ron Paul.

I just saw him speak on UC Davis campus.  Of course, since I already know how Ron Paul stands on his issues, I didn't learn anything new.  Not like being at a Romney rally Wink

I wish the US used Single Transferable Vote.  Then people wouldn't feel like they are "throwing away" their vote by voting third party.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:22:58 PM

With Ron Paul you gain the younger vote

I won't vote for a Romney/Paul ticket, I'm pretty sure most of the RP supporters won't either.
steelhouse (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 08:35:16 AM

I won't vote for a Romney/Paul ticket, I'm pretty sure most of the RP supporters won't either.

If you have the choice between Obama-Biden and Romney-Paul.  Most people that like Paul would pick Romney.   If you vote third party you are wasting your vote.
mufa23
Legendary

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 03:33:03 PM

If you have the choice between Obama-Biden and Romney-Paul.  Most people that like Paul would pick Romney.   If you vote third party you are wasting your vote.
I'd consider myself a Libertarian, and I don't think what you said will be so. Last election (2008), I know plenty of my friends and family didn't vote for either since it would be "Voting for the lesser of two evils". If it ends up being Mitt/Ron, you are defiantly going to be getting a lot of confusion on what to do. I won't be voting for either Obama or Romney, but if Paul joins in, I am not sure what I will vote. I think a lot of others will feel the same way two.

Although, the "Hurr Derr Ron Paul R3volution! Legalize drugz!" double-digit IQ supporters will vote.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: