Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:12:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoins taxable?  (Read 5234 times)
LuckyHopper18

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:21:33 AM

Well some countries right now are trying to impose a tax on using bitcoin. I heard US and UK have implemented a taxation rule in owning bitcoin. Some countries still ignores the presence of bitcoin.
gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:29:15 AM

Well some countries right now are trying to impose a tax on using bitcoin. I heard US and UK have implemented a taxation rule in owning bitcoin. Some countries still ignores the presence of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is anonymous and highly secure, so checking transactions is very difficult. So I think that in order to levy bitcoin, the authorities need to study ways to levy taxes on bitcoin transactions.
LuckyHopper18

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:35:43 AM

Well the government can always find a way. They always do. US and UK already have a concrete plan on how to impose a taxation on person using bitcoin. Try to read this article. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/04/bitcoin-uk-eu-plan-cryptocurrency-price-traders-anonymity
julzcoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:12:14 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 03:17:00 AM by julzcoinbit

As far as I know if you have a business where you use Bitcoin as a form of cash then it is taxable. What I know also is that if you are exchanging it via exchangers and withdrawing it through your bank accounts then it is not taxable.

You're right if that's the agreement between two parties but the point is when the government want some counterparts or enough shares just like having taxes on bitcoin I don't think if it's possible. As we already know bitcoin was designed which decentralized has been occurred that no 3rd party involved just like any government sectors or banking system, I would say that it's impossible to have taxes as of this moment. Maybe, if the government will study deeply the situation of bitcoin as well as the concepts on it, definitely  it's possible to have a taxes which for sure it will have many debates and sessions to discuss on how to implement that issues.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:22:47 AM

the government will try to apply the taxes for every people which owning bitcoin but it will be difficult since they need to verify every transaction that is happening on blockchain and it is not easy to them. I think maybe they will only see from the transferring fund into every people and maybe they will interrogate people about from where the fund is so they can track down and analyze if this person owns bitcoin or not. but I still cannot think how they will do this and I don't want to think anymore.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:37:10 AM

Bitcoin is getting more and more importance with the increasing adoption and increasing user community. With this in regard bitcoin has been under study by the governments around the world. Possibly this will cause a taxation on the use of bitcoin, because governments too try to benefit through the same.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:40:38 AM

Bitcoin can be taxed.
In my country if you sold your bitcoin the government will tax 12% on the value.
At the moment you will withdraw your money 12% is already deducted.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
SPOILER

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:49:47 AM

Let's Bitcoin takes off. Say you lived in the US and had an online service that dealt in the equivalent of ~20,000 USD or more income for you (personally). What are the laws for income tax on a currency like this? Can you get in trouble with the IRS by simply having tons of BTC that the market values at (currently) almost 5$ per BTC?

I agreed. Bitcoins should be taxable.
bakekang008

Activity: 171

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:59:13 AM

Let's Bitcoin takes off. Say you lived in the US and had an online service that dealt in the equivalent of ~20,000 USD or more income for you (personally). What are the laws for income tax on a currency like this? Can you get in trouble with the IRS by simply having tons of BTC that the market values at (currently) almost 5$ per BTC?
In other country maybe they put tax in bitcoin. But for now in USA the president they dont tax bitcoin because for now bitcoin is promising currency.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Jrein23

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:01:03 AM

In other country maybe they put tax in bitcoin. But for now in USA the president they dont tax bitcoin because for now bitcoin is promising currency.

USA is already imposing tax for persons who uses bitcoin. USA are creating a law how to put tax in bitcoin. Sad for those who live in the United States. LOL
Prk_7

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:07:09 AM

If you have Bitcoin in the form of cryptocurrency than you won't be fines but if you want to cash out Bitcoin in US you'll be taxed. Unless it's a commodity you won't be Taxed
tudglien

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:26:34 AM

It's hard to levy a tax for the time being, because it's all a centralization of anonymous transactions. But I think the government can levy taxes indirectly, they can make those digital money exchanges pay taxes, and the exchange can increase transaction costs.
tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:31:48 AM

I don't think so. Not being taxable is the one of the thing I like about bitcoin. The government can't get to us, the bank can't to us. Everything here is done by user to user.

kryptorian

Activity: 84
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:07:41 AM

I don't think so. Not being taxable is the one of the thing I like about bitcoin. The government can't get to us, the bank can't to us. Everything here is done by user to user.

Bitcoin may not be taxable directly, but the profits earned with it definitely are. In most countries you will have to pay an income tax on such earnings. Whether they will be able to catch you for tax evasion if you don't pay this tax is another matter, but in the US you'd better not look that way. The IRS is no fun to play with.
wjchong

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:12:34 AM

Yes, like many countries including USA , the taxation law has no mention of BITCOIN. But remeber , the taxation laws always keep the meanining of income so wide that tha taxmen will always bring some interpretation to include it.
Yes I totally agree with you.
Bitcoin is taxable but not in simple words tax.

BTC BTC MY SAFE HOUSE :- A home that can protect your wealth and life of your families during disaster. BTC
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:48:11 AM

Bitcoin may not be taxable directly, but the profits earned with it definitely are. In most countries you will have to pay an income tax on such earnings. Whether they will be able to catch you for tax evasion if you don't pay this tax is another matter, but in the US you'd better not look that way. The IRS is no fun to play with.
But how to determine if there is a profit, or vice versa, what is the loss? Does a tax credit arise? In what size?
cryptokudi

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:51:48 AM

If bitcoin is legalized in a certain country it isn't still be taxed but only for those services who do accept bitcoin as a mode of payment. Bitcoin is a decentralized stuff and you cant impose taxes on it and if a certain person would decide not to pay up or declared on his earnings then you cant do anything about it. If you were able to use a certain service which would able to calculate how much you do earn and that service does follow governments compliance for sure you would be taxed up.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:55:47 AM

Taxes can be taxed bitcoin for reasons. Bitcoin is a virtual currency that uses cryptographic encryption system to facilitate secure transfers and storage. Unlike a fiat currency, bitcoin is not printed by a central back, nor is it backed by any. Bitcoins are generated by what is called mining-process wherein high-powered computers.
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:02:42 AM

Any regular country with taxes, will try to get at least a part of it's income through taxes. The nation should pay taxes, whether it's income or wealth. With bitcoin it may look difficult but in some countries the exchange can send the information of people having cashed their Bitcoins for a certain amount.

Sheltor

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:09:11 AM

Exchanges or purchases of virtual currencies represent the business risk of investors and investors' money are not protected. ... There is no capital gains tax chargeable on bitcoin, however bitcoin mining is taxed and businesses selling goods/services in bitcoin are also taxed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: