Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CNN Mentions Bitcoin on their Twitter feed  (Read 3074 times)
darthcoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:21:48 AM

The tweet is good to see, but the responses are disappointing. Every single one of them is from somebody involved in Bitcoin, which makes this community look even more like an echo chamber. It would be nice to see some curiosity and interest from the average person.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:09:52 AM

Yet another proof that bitcoin is becoming mainstream!

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Unbelive

Activity: 210

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:32:41 AM

One thing is sure, when next BTC rally begin it will be everywhere on first page, and they will talk about it weeks after will happen. And as some reply was. Yes BTC come out of puberty. 2015 will be its year!

jersey19957

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:14:00 PM

Good! Loving all this recent attention.
proofofarat

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:57:05 PM

This is HUGE!
For those who don't know, CNN is a TV channel viewed by thousands of people. Sometimes they also conduct interviews and edit footage.

Wow! Never heard of them.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:00:59 PM

This is HUGE!
For those who don't know, CNN is a TV channel viewed by thousands of people. Sometimes they also conduct interviews and edit footage.

Pics or didn't happen

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:27:20 PM

Good propaganda. big media outlets are paying more attention on the bitcoin. More related positive news will go to their reports. More people have chance to know bitcoin.

yunkie

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:12:34 PM

It's amazing how they are mentioning it everywhere lately, price burst always comes with delay so be ready.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 04:39:53 PM

CNN has been losing ground in the news world for years now so my guess is this is a desperate attempt to snag viewers out of bitcoinland and not much else. However, if doing so forces them to roll the BTC ticker in the faces of what's left of their audience then so be it. Grin

great, a price ticker  Cheesy ... pretty late after Bloomberg and a bunch of smaller companies already added that.

but okay, lets be fair: its nice  Smiley

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:15:12 PM

CNN has been losing ground in the news world for years now so my guess is this is a desperate attempt to snag viewers out of bitcoinland and not much else. However, if doing so forces them to roll the BTC ticker in the faces of what's left of their audience then so be it. Grin

great, a price ticker  Cheesy ... pretty late after Bloomberg and a bunch of smaller companies already added that.

but okay, lets be fair: its nice  Smiley
I love the yearly change
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:08:41 PM

Good to see we are passed the phase of being ignored and laughed at.  I've been seeing the acceptance of Bitcoin in the media lately and it's becoming the norm more and more, which is good.  No more laughing every time they user the word Bitcoin.  Instead a real discussion is taking place and for the old school media outlets this is a big step in the right direction.
X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

Good to see we are passed the phase of being ignored and laughed at.  I've been seeing the acceptance of Bitcoin in the media lately and it's becoming the norm more and more, which is good.  No more laughing every time they user the word Bitcoin.  Instead a real discussion is taking place and for the old school media outlets this is a big step in the right direction.

Exactly - we are becoming a house hold name... soon people will say Bitcoin? bro that is so 5 years ago.. course I own some...

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:20:05 AM

Exactly - we are becoming a house hold name... soon people will say Bitcoin? bro that is so 5 years ago.. course I own some...

I agree people are interested and have been interested in Bitcoin.  Sense it isn't going anywhere it's likely that people will start asking more questions and making plans to invest.  The better the media is at their job the better for Bitcoin.
hyperdimension

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:37:17 AM

Great news everyday and it gets better. What can be next?
zorke

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:31:25 AM

Bitcoin has been mentioned by CNN in their articles for years. I believe they were one of the first MSM to report on bitcoin. It is just that it did not really catch on until last fall
ndonnard

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:52:58 AM

They'd better update their infographic
MightyStorm

Activity: 602

God is with us

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:06:55 AM

They'd better update their infographic

"And here we see a cyber criminal selling bitcoins to a pedophile."

D E P O ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DEPOSITORY NETWORK | WP   :   ENG   CN   RUS
FOLLOW US: ► TELEGRAM    ► TWITTER                                  The World’s   F i r s t   D e c e n t r a l i z e d
                                                ► LINKEDIN      ► FACEBOOK        BUY DEPO         M u l t i - P l a t f o r m   Collateral   I n f r a s t r u c t u r e
X7 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:15:23 PM

other day I landed in 'Merica and I was like... shit... Did I leave my hot wallet on this cell phone.. (Feels like a criminal)

Psssst.... hey... you wanna hold this cell phone for me until we pass through customs?

snappa4ever

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 03:53:05 AM

I am not sure about this. I do think that bitcoin is becoming more of a household name ever since last november's bubble and the arrest of Ross. I also think that bitcoin will be somewhat of a niche "product" for many years

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
yorma_kappa

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:36:23 AM

"818k followers", but 131 retweets. The retweets is a much better metric of interest, and 131 retweets is absolutely fuck all.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: