Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Paypal acceptin Bitcoin mean you can pay with Bitcoin in any Paypal site?  (Read 1224 times)
giveBTCpls (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:18:28 PM

For example, let's say eBay. 99% of sellers accept Paypal payments, so now that Paypal will accept BTC as basically admited here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7HxLCFMeY&feature=youtu.be) does this mean that we'll be able to pay with Bitcoin in eBay as soon as it gets implemented? (as long as seller accepts BTC) or do we need something different?

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:15:20 PM

No, they are offering the same service they're offering with PAYMENT CARDS. Paypal exists so I don't have to have a merchant account to get paid via credit/debit cards. Now, I don't need a bitcoin wallet to accept bitcoins either. Presumably, Paypal will convert the bitcoins to currency (for a fee!) and deposit that in my paypal account.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:19:57 PM

Why do you bump a 6 months old post ?
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 07:06:17 PM

No, they are offering the same service they're offering with PAYMENT CARDS. Paypal exists so I don't have to have a merchant account to get paid via credit/debit cards. Now, I don't need a bitcoin wallet to accept bitcoins either. Presumably, Paypal will convert the bitcoins to currency (for a fee!) and deposit that in my paypal account.

So, your point is you think PayPal like exchanger? Which can convert fiat to btc? Without trading system.

~iki
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:19:52 AM

No, this means you can convert bitcoin straight into paypal as a process on Ebay. It doesn't mean the specific seller accepts Bitcoins. So it's basically a new convenient way for us bitcoin users I guess Smiley

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 03:42:55 AM

Has paypal rather commented on their relation with bitcoin ever ?
They came out with something last year, but I have never seen any update on their side.

MileyJohanson
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: