Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to sign message using android bitcoin wallet address.....  (Read 4463 times)
Billbags (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:49:41 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 07:41:24 PM by Billbags

The title says it all. I only use my HTC Android phone, no computers except pi's for miners. I need to know how to sign a message using my android bitcoin wallet address on my phone.

Thanks

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andreas Schildbach

Activity: 483
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:53:53 PM

Signing messages ist not implemented in Bitcoin Wallet. You can only sign transactions.
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:00:13 PM

Signing a message isn't supported by your client yet. You'd need to export the private key for the Bitcoin address you need to sign a message from and import it into another client that supports signing, such as electrum or bitcoin core. I'm not sure if there are any Android clients that support signing yet.

I'm not too familiar with Bitcoin Wallet for Android so I'm not sure how you'd go about exporting it.

How would I sign a transaction?

Signing a transaction is essentially sending Bitcoins.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
Billbags (OP)

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:02:12 PM

Ya I see, the transaction ID is what he was talking about. Thanks

Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Billbags (OP)

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:17:40 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 09:28:11 PM by Billbags

Signing a message isn't supported by your client yet. You'd need to export the private key for the Bitcoin address you need to sign a message from and import it into another client that supports signing, such as electrum or bitcoin core. I'm not sure if there are any Android clients that support signing yet.

I'm not too familiar with Bitcoin Wallet for Android so I'm not sure how you'd go about exporting it.

Just found you can sign a message with the Mycelium Android wallet. Just click on "keys" tab and select the address you want then click "sign message". It's quick and simple and has share link and copy to clipboard button.

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:49:34 PM

Just found you can sign a message with the Mycelium Android wallet. Just click on "keys" tab and select the address you want then click "sign message". It's quick and simple and has share link and copy to clipboard button.

there is also a schildbach->mycelium importer for your key, if you need to sign a message with a key that was part of the wallet.
jamesjamison597

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:58:41 AM

The title says it all. I only use my HTC Android phone, no computers except pi's for miners. I need to know how to sign a message using my android bitcoin wallet address on my phone.

Thanks

Thanks for posting this as i know also what you experiencing right now...and thanks for asking help as i know also what to do with my HTC Android phone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: