Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:40:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't need to hide behind a sock account. Stop it with the Monero spam!  (Read 1144 times)
TaunSew (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:53:37 PM

It's fine to periodically make a thread about Monero but spamming about it everyday?  Come on..  that's information overload and it's going to scare away people from even considering your coin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:54:24 PM

Agreed.

Monroe guys and the myriads of (both pro and anti) shills should be using this: https://monerotalk.org or another Monero forum instead imho.

sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:02:37 PM

It's fine to periodically make a thread about Monero but spamming about it everyday?  Come on..  that's information overload and it's going to scare away people from even considering your coin.

I agree as do many others, but making yet another thread isn't helping regardless of your intent.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

the the fnkn cares!  my eyes bleed every day!  stop the monero threads ... plz I'm LITERALLY about to die from monero threads ... like really

You anti monero morons are as bad as the shills and fake shills.  maybe worse! 
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:12:47 PM

simple solution:  add an Alternate cryptocurrencies -> Monero board.  any mention of monero outside of the ghetto is verbotten.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:14:21 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2014, 08:31:59 PM by Come-from-Above

simple solution:  add an Alternate cryptocurrencies -> Monero board.  any mention of monero outside of the ghetto is verbotten.

simple solution: perma-ban all accounts without mercy that spam Monero. shitcoinz like this must eradicated asap

~CfA~

nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:01:02 PM

I guess they do not realize that they are really turning off 90% of the community with their bs.

I guess they do, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

a sub-board for cryptonotes/monero would be great. the monero community is widely supported by established bitcointalk members. probably that would be possible,
From Above

Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:02:57 PM

I guess they do not realize that they are really turning off 90% of the community with their bs.

I guess they do, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

a sub-board for cryptonotes/monero would be great. the monero community is widely supported by established bitcointalk members. probably that would be possible,

--> best solution to end this fucking mess Munero bullshit garbage has been posted already
simple solution: perma-ban all accounts without mercy that spam Monero. shitcoinz like this must eradicated asap

~CfA~

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:10:47 PM

Can you set up a Poll to put the out-of-control Monero spam in a sub-Forum?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:12:21 PM

simple solution:  add an Alternate cryptocurrencies -> Monero board.  any mention of monero outside of the ghetto is verbotten.

This would be unfair to other alt coins. The best solution is for Monero to get their own forums like every other Alt coin has. Either that or consolidate all Monero talk into one thread, like the Anoncoin chat thread does for instance. Notice no ones trolling them.
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:33:38 PM

This would be unfair to other alt coins. The best solution is for Monero to get their own forums like every other Alt coin has. Either that or consolidate all Monero talk into one thread, like the Anoncoin chat thread does for instance. Notice no ones trolling them.

You do realize that Bitcointalk is becoming obsolete do you? I'll see you over on Monerotalk but I can assure you that it's probably going to ban/censor shitcoin talk like any civilized place would do.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:14:11 AM

simple solution:  add an Alternate cryptocurrencies -> Monero board.  any mention of monero outside of the ghetto is verbotten.

LOL - they would delete the altcoin forums all together before doing that.
Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:09:12 AM

I wish it would stop too.  Sick of seeing four or five new Monero every day.  It does absolutely nothing to advance the community; as a matter of fact it's starting to look a bit pitiful.
hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:15:27 AM

At the moment there are 9 mostly useless Monero threads on the first page, it's getting really insane guys.

If you look at the OP's of the threads most OP's are anti-Monero.

For the Monero community it's very annoying and people not familiar with Monero are in their rightful way instantly turned off by this, I don't really care because I like to buy them why they're still relatively cheap but it's getting out of hand lately.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:27:04 AM

At the moment there are 9 mostly useless Monero threads on the first page, it's getting really insane guys.

For the Monero community it's very annoying and people not familiar with Monero are in their rightful way instantly turned off by this, I don't really care because I like to buy them why they're still relatively cheap but it's getting out of hand lately.

You guys play like you're innocent, but the reason for all the Monero trolling is because you guys kept spamming pro-Monero threads and don't have your own forums. You use the Alt coin subforum as your forums and people got tired of all the Monero threads. Now the problem has exploded because of the people feeling the need to counter all the pro-Monero threads with anti-Monero threads.

Now I am pissed off at you guys too because the subforum was finally readable again since they split off announcement and market alt coin subforums. Yet, you guys come along and ruin this subforum once again with all your Monero propaganda and cause trolls to counter it. You guys are ruining this subforum all over again. It hasn't been this bad since announcement threads were in here and a million copy and paste coins were being conceived.
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:15:14 AM

I have no idea who is behind this, but it's got nothing to do with risto&friends or the core dev group.

I assume it's a weird reverse psychology thing from competitors, spurred on by the fact their own shilling for their currencies was painted with a lot of backlash.

For some odd reason a lot of the recent Monero spam began when a lot of the other spam for a bunch of unrelated CryptoNote coins ended.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
amonerorex

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:40:31 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 06:02:59 AM by amonerorex

Agreed entirely. BitcoinTalk requires a dedicated Monero Subsection within the alternate currencies board. That is perhaps the most elegant solution towards some of the recent anti-xmr 'fake shill' FUD attacks and accusations of spam resulting from said attacks-- largely this spam is not perpuated by Monero supporters but as a scummy tactic by certain sockpuppet accounts to weaken Moneros image. It shows we are gaining ground and with that we will inevitably make enemies. How do you like them apples, scamshits?

This anti-XMR spam attacks likely originates from the same coin-mill group as the bytecoin scammers, who are taking the scorched earth approach after seeing XMR rise to the top 10 while their premined to hell scamcoin languishes .

or  perhaps from supporters of competing pump/n dump centralised anonymity provider solutions such as BTCD, NXT, BTCD, XBC etcetara who have a lot to lose as XMR advances up the ranks in both visibility, market cap and adoption

Such a solution promotes visibility to those that wish to look specifically for XMR related postings and perhaps don't want to deal with pump/dumps, Shitcoins etc, (Of which there are a number of hero/legendary members who elect to follow the progress of XMR exclusivelly that fit into such a category), it also reduces clutter for those other members who do not wish to participate or view Monoro postings. Kills two birds with one stone so to speak.

hodlmybtc

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:09:19 PM

You guys play like you're innocent, but the reason for all the Monero trolling is because you guys kept spamming pro-Monero threads and don't have your own forums. You use the Alt coin subforum as your forums and people got tired of all the Monero threads. Now the problem has exploded because of the people feeling the need to counter all the pro-Monero threads with anti-Monero threads.

Now I am pissed off at you guys too because the subforum was finally readable again since they split off announcement and market alt coin subforums. Yet, you guys come along and ruin this subforum once again with all your Monero propaganda and cause trolls to counter it. You guys are ruining this subforum all over again. It hasn't been this bad since announcement threads were in here and a million copy and paste coins were being conceived.

"You guys" should really stop with using you guys this you guys that.

If one or two persons spam this section with threads it doesn't mean that every Monero buyer/holder does it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: