Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealth phase.  (Read 1971 times)
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:54:09 PM

Lets wait for the boom.

It is coming.

I think its coming too. But, at the moment, I dont see Wall St etc entering in a big way while free money pushes the stock market to all time highs. Its a no brainer for them until that shit kneecaps itself. Main st guys havent looked into btc on the whole but if they do they are seeing volatility, bear market and the overhang of Gox. Plus, they have MSM espousing the merits real estate speculation almost 24 hrs a day (srsly, how many property related TV shows are on these days?).

Bitcoin is facing an uphill battle for now. I hope that it is relatively normal after the run up we've had. Fingers crossed the PayPal news, ETF, BoE news combines with a market event (stock correction, geopolitical situation) and then people really begin to see btc as an option (as cypher says in the spec thread - doing gold job better)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:00:08 PM

Bitcoin may not be ready for the majority of people. Right now it's definitely usable and convenient to us. But its market value is volatile, it's hard for non-technically-minded people to understand, and it's totally different from the fiat they're used to. So it'll be "stealth phase" for a long time, IMO.
Not as long as you think.

OP is correct, we are in the "stealth phase"

Bitcoin 101: Why Bitcoin's growth is normal
Can anyone tell me why this is called an S curve? It barely resembles an 's'  Huh
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:31:09 PM

Can anyone tell me why this is called an S curve? It barely resembles an 's'  Huh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_curve

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:45:17 PM

Nice S Curve, I agree we're still only 5 years in so yes we're still in the early infancy stage.

I also like this chart personally:

Still just very Early Adopter phase according to this Technology Adoption Curve.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:56:58 PM

We are in the stealth phase... almost everyone has heard of bitcoin but ask them beyond if they have heard of it and they will just tell you it is a ponzi scheme.

Every company with half a brain is starting to use BTC, most not hold but use.  The average person knows nothing of this and thinks the price is at zero and the "ponzie scheme" has failed.

The next phase will be the early adoption phase, we are not there yet.  Soon enough the average dimmit will understand BTC is not a ponzie scheme, ponzie game, easily hacked, millions more printed by computer programmers, etc.

Everyone assumed we were in early adoption in Nov this was inncorrect.

Agreed, this is why many feel it is a great time to buy regardless of what the price is doing!  I think the price of a Bitcoin is just a tool we use to trade them.  It's not an indicator of Bitcoins true value, IMO. 

I was asked how much for a Bitcoin and when I said the price was under $500 the person was shocked.  People don't have the foggiest idea what is going on with Bitcoin.  I think the GOX debacle made it easy for people to ignore Bitcoin and now their missing the good news and the big picture. 
Ondago

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:53:02 AM

How the hell do you define "early adoption" if not the past 4 years?

I think in terms of creating a global currency from the ground up, this is still VERY early adoption. Still plenty of work that needs to be done.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: