Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:54:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason for decline over months  (Read 2086 times)
hd060053 (OP)

Activity: 601
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:32:17 PM

We are pricing in the sell-off of 200.000 gox-coins.

Also, we are not sure yet, if the 1200 rally was driven by self-created-gox-usd by mark k.

(read willy report http://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:37:54 PM

like dis if u hodl evri day
var53

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:45:58 PM

It's debatable if any gox-coins were really stolen, and how many, but someone has to eventually dump them. Have they been dumping them slowly over the months, and are they dumping them now?
yokosan

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:50:22 PM

draper, shavers, karpeles, they all sellin'
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:40:56 AM

Gox-coin?

wake up
SunBin

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:47:20 AM

Cooperate mining is the main reasons.

Back in the old days, people who mine believe in the technology and refuse to sell at low price. Cooperate miners will sell at any price if there is profit margin.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:05:08 AM

Also, we are not sure yet, if the 1200 rally was driven by self-created-gox-usd by mark k.

(read willy report http://willyreport.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/the-willy-report-proof-of-massive-fraudulent-trading-activity-at-mt-gox-and-how-it-has-affected-the-price-of-bitcoin/)

transaction rates and bitcoin price go hand in hand.

more transactions means higher value, and higher value means more transactions.

the transactions are nearing an all time high, the only time it has been (slightly) higher was a few days during november last year.

If this trend continues for a few more weeks, we will see the highest amount of transactions ever in bitcoin history, and the price will quickly follow.
Buo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:23:51 AM

the transactions are nearing an all time high, the only time it has been (slightly) higher was a few days during november last year.

If this trend continues for a few more weeks, we will see the highest amount of transactions ever in bitcoin history, and the price will quickly follow.

I really hope so but at the moment I can't see the end of this dark tunnel...

yokosan

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:36:54 AM

I LOVE reading comments like this.

Anybody that has been through a Bitcoin bubble or two knows how different it is... the euphoria... the dreams of $10,000 within the next 2 weeks... it's absolute insanity.

During the bubble everybody wishes they bought lower... THIS is that lower... THIS is what it is like to buy BEFORE the bubble when you should have bought in...

Not so easy when you are actually here is it...? When the people are depressed... when they are worrying... the despair... but this is it...

You have to take a leap of faith... to go against the grain and to beat the rest of the market... because that is what you have to do. Every buyer has a seller and if you are to buy low and sell high you will have to outwit the people you are buying and selling from.

I am experiencing the euphoria right now because we have had good news after good news and price drop after price drop. The perfect storm for anybody looking for cheap coins with a chance at a bubble in the short term. It is so obvious to me that this can't keep up. At some point the market will turn, and when it does... when everybody else is buying... that's when I will be selling.
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:30:15 AM

Anybody that has been through a Bitcoin bubble or two knows how different it is... the euphoria... the dreams of $10,000 within the next 2 weeks... it's absolute insanity.

During the bubble everybody wishes they bought lower... THIS is that lower... THIS is what it is like to buy BEFORE the bubble when you should have bought in...

Not so easy when you are actually here is it...? When the people are depressed... when they are worrying... the despair... but this is it...

You have to take a leap of faith... to go against the grain and to beat the rest of the market... because that is what you have to do. Every buyer has a seller and if you are to buy low and sell high you will have to outwit the people you are buying and selling from.

I am experiencing the euphoria right now because we have had good news after good news and price drop after price drop. The perfect storm for anybody looking for cheap coins with a chance at a bubble in the short term. It is so obvious to me that this can't keep up. At some point the market will turn, and when it does... when everybody else is buying... that's when I will be selling.

Whilst buy low sell high is good practise, don't confuse buying low with 'catching a falling knife' . The trend is your friend when managing risk. I would go a dimension higher and say I would buy when it is someone like you who is depressed, and finally bottoms it out
Forbet

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:33:28 AM

Whilst buy low sell high is good practise, don't confuse buying low with 'catching a falling knife' . The trend is your friend when managing risk.

Good way to put it. I've gotten used to buying bitcoins and expecting the price to go lower. But people who are more risk adverse than I should follow your advice and buy on solid up trends.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:35:01 AM

And the fact that many developing countries are banning/restricting bitcoin (Bangladesh, China, Bolivia, Russia etc etc..).

Many speculators hoped it would take off in the remittances market, but if this trend continues, bitcoin will be practically useless for remittances.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:47:41 AM

Countries banning bitcoin is a good sign, plus, it won't stop people dealing in bitcoin...

It is a bearish sign as it interferes with legitimate businesses dealing with bitcoin in those countries. Average joe sheeple in those places won't bother with bitcoin because they think it is illegal or shady.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:36:09 AM

Very well put!

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:02:05 PM

Countries banning bitcoin is a good sign, plus, it won't stop people dealing in bitcoin...

It is a bearish sign as it interferes with legitimate businesses dealing with bitcoin in those countries. Average joe sheeple in those places won't bother with bitcoin because they think it is illegal or shady.
The black market is huge and it only deals in what has value. If the black market rejected bitcoin then we should worry.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
obocaman

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:40:39 PM

Dumb people that are only in for speculation purposes leave when they panick, they do not understand the revolution.
ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:27:49 PM

what surprises me is how little the transaction volume has increased. Transactions are everything for bitcoin. Bitcoin will go to the moon if it is adopted as a payment mechanism, which means massive levels of transactions.
but the volume remains utterly miniscule. A few tens of thousands btc traded per day, and most of that can be accountedfor in terms of miners and speculators.
good news would be an increase in transactions to an economically material level
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:36:18 PM

I would posit that it is not transactions at all that are important, but users. And more to the point, not all users are created equal (not all users equally add to the network's accessibility/robustness) -- and that is the essential flaw in Metcalfe's law. Transactions tell us very little about the nature of users; for all we know, a single entity or group of entities are inflating transaction volume to make the network appear more robust than it really is.

Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:04:47 AM

I also have doubts like you, when we can meet it on the moon?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
bitleif

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:10:36 AM

what surprises me is how little the transaction volume has increased. Transactions are everything for bitcoin. Bitcoin will go to the moon if it is adopted as a payment mechanism, which means massive levels of transactions.
but the volume remains utterly miniscule. A few tens of thousands btc traded per day, and most of that can be accountedfor in terms of miners and speculators.
good news would be an increase in transactions to an economically material level

If you want to compare transaction volumes with the past you have to compare it in fiat values though, 10 BTC today is not the same as 10 BTC a year ago.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: