Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] 600btc person2person in San Francisco, tonight or tomorrow AM  (Read 1059 times)
HanSolo (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:28:24 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 11:40:20 PM by HanSolo

I'd like to buy 600btc in a person-to-person transaction in San Francisco, ideally tonight or tomorrow morning.

My ideal transaction would be we meet, verify who each other are in real life (with IDs if necessary), and I pay by check to your name, drawn on my local bank account. But I could consider other arrangements.

Please PM ASAP if interested.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snowpea

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:00:01 AM

i'm not sure who would be crazy enough to accept a check from a stranger for that amount...

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=77255
My tipjar - 1GNFau2dJFGWMVYsLAguQo2Psg8rUTWBjc
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 02:33:29 AM

Write the check to cash, take it to your bank and if it's good (maybe even if it isn't who knows) they'll give you cash. Give cash to SanFranco (SanFricite?)

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
HanSolo (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:38:04 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 11:40:08 PM by HanSolo

i'm not sure who would be crazy enough to accept a check from a stranger for that amount...

After we meet in person, we won't be strangers. And upon seeing my name and face, you'll be able to pull up rich information about me via Google and other public sources.

And if the seller is also someone in certain SF circles correlated with interest in bitcoin, we probably already have common friends, acquaintances, or coworkers anyway.

So, no crazy required (or desired!) from the seller. Just up to 600btc and common sense.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 01:27:46 AM

I cannot think of any reasonable reason to not use cash in this type of transaction.

b4b33

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 01:46:47 AM

As if having links mentioning your name on the web makes you incapable of bouncing a check for $3000!
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 12:32:05 AM

Who wouldn't accept a check from Harrison Ford?    Tongue
HanSolo (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 11:39:53 PM by HanSolo

I cannot think of any reasonable reason to not use cash in this type of transaction.

I happened to be boarding a plane early afternoon, but only having the fully-cleared funds, sufficient for all the BTC I wanted to buy, in my checking account at the end of the business day.

So, anyone depositing such a check into their own account would have had it clear at the end of day, same as any other good check. But, I couldn't have the full $3K cash-in-hand for a local transaction before boarding my flight.

Since some in the bitcoin community seem to care about 'tainted' coins from events like the Linode heists, it also benefits me to be able to make a check out to a person that I also get to know in real life. If the BTC they give me then has a strong taint, I can at least point out where it came from.  

As it turned out, I used BitInstant. Their single-transaction maximum amount was enough for the time being, less than I wanted but a total that I was able to counter-deposit in cash. Worked well though the effective fees were quite high. Stupid 'Golden Week'.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: