Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I will always be here.  (Read 2229 times)
@tl@s (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:10:24 AM

Always.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:14:50 AM

Always.

Hey even the devil kicked you out?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77826.0
@tl@s (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:15:33 AM

Now, do you suppose unselfishness is unreal and nowhere extant? On the contrary, nothing is more ordinary! One may even call it an article of fashion in the civilized world, which is considered so indispensable that, if it costs too much in solid material, people at least adorn themselves with its tinsel counterfeit and feign it. Where does unselfishness begin? Right where an end ceases to be our end and our property [Eigentum], which we, as owners, can dispose of at pleasure; where it becomes a fixed end or a - fixed idea; where it begins to inspire, enthuse, fantasize us; in short, where it passes into our stubbornness and becomes our - master. One is not unselfish so long as he retains the end in his power; one becomes so only at that "Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise," the fundamental maxim of all the possessed; one becomes so in the case of a sacred end, through the corresponding sacred zeal.

I am not unselfish so long as the end remains my own, and I, instead of giving myself up to be the blind means of its fulfilment, leave it always an open question. My zeal need not on that account be slacker than the most fanatical, but at the same time I remain toward it frostily cold, unbelieving, and its most irreconcilable enemy; I remain its judge, because I am its owner.

Unselfishness grows rank as far as possessedness reaches, as much on possessions of the devil as on those of a good spirit; there vice, folly, and the like; here humility, devotion, and so forth.

Where could one look without meeting victims of self-renunciation? There sits a girl opposite me, who perhaps has been making bloody sacrifices to her soul for ten years already. Over the buxom form droops a deathly-tired head, and pale cheeks betray the slow bleeding away of her youth. Poor child, how often the passions may have beaten at your heart, and the rich powers of youth have demanded their right! When your head rolled in the soft pillow, how awakening nature quivered through your limbs, the blood swelled your veins, and fiery fancies poured the gleam of voluptuousness into your eyes! Then appeared the ghost of the soul and its eternal bliss. You were terrified, your hands folded themselves, your tormented eyes turned their look upward, you - prayed. The storms of nature were hushed, a calm glided over the ocean of your appetites. Slowly the weary eyelids sank over the life extinguished under them, the tension crept out unperceived from the rounded limbs, the boisterous waves dried up in the heart, the folded hands themselves rested a powerless weight on the unresisting bosom, one last faint "Oh dear!" moaned itself away, and - the soul was at rest. You fell asleep, to awake in the morning to a new combat and a new - prayer. Now the habit of renunciation cools the heat of your desire, and the roses of your youth are growing pale in the - chlorosis of your heavenliness. The soul is saved, the body may perish! O Lais, O Ninon, how well you did to scorn this pale virtue! One free grisette against a thousand virgins grown grey in virtue!
QuickBitcoins

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 01:19:37 AM

Uh. What?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:20:15 AM

Now, do you suppose unselfishness is unreal and nowhere extant? On the contrary, nothing is more ordinary! One may even call it an article of fashion in the civilized world, which is considered so indispensable that, if it costs too much in solid material, people at least adorn themselves with its tinsel counterfeit and feign it. Where does unselfishness begin? Right where an end ceases to be our end and our property [Eigentum], which we, as owners, can dispose of at pleasure; where it becomes a fixed end or a - fixed idea; where it begins to inspire, enthuse, fantasize us; in short, where it passes into our stubbornness and becomes our - master. One is not unselfish so long as he retains the end in his power; one becomes so only at that "Here I stand, I cannot do otherwise," the fundamental maxim of all the possessed; one becomes so in the case of a sacred end, through the corresponding sacred zeal.

I am not unselfish so long as the end remains my own, and I, instead of giving myself up to be the blind means of its fulfilment, leave it always an open question. My zeal need not on that account be slacker than the most fanatical, but at the same time I remain toward it frostily cold, unbelieving, and its most irreconcilable enemy; I remain its judge, because I am its owner.

Unselfishness grows rank as far as possessedness reaches, as much on possessions of the devil as on those of a good spirit; there vice, folly, and the like; here humility, devotion, and so forth.

Where could one look without meeting victims of self-renunciation? There sits a girl opposite me, who perhaps has been making bloody sacrifices to her soul for ten years already. Over the buxom form droops a deathly-tired head, and pale cheeks betray the slow bleeding away of her youth. Poor child, how often the passions may have beaten at your heart, and the rich powers of youth have demanded their right! When your head rolled in the soft pillow, how awakening nature quivered through your limbs, the blood swelled your veins, and fiery fancies poured the gleam of voluptuousness into your eyes! Then appeared the ghost of the soul and its eternal bliss. You were terrified, your hands folded themselves, your tormented eyes turned their look upward, you - prayed. The storms of nature were hushed, a calm glided over the ocean of your appetites. Slowly the weary eyelids sank over the life extinguished under them, the tension crept out unperceived from the rounded limbs, the boisterous waves dried up in the heart, the folded hands themselves rested a powerless weight on the unresisting bosom, one last faint "Oh dear!" moaned itself away, and - the soul was at rest. You fell asleep, to awake in the morning to a new combat and a new - prayer. Now the habit of renunciation cools the heat of your desire, and the roses of your youth are growing pale in the - chlorosis of your heavenliness. The soul is saved, the body may perish! O Lais, O Ninon, how well you did to scorn this pale virtue! One free grisette against a thousand virgins grown grey in virtue!

Quit plagarising and go back to your psychiatric ward; the nurse's waiting for you with your meds!
@tl@s (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:20:59 AM

"Plagiarism" is my right.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 01:21:41 AM

Uh. What?

Don't worry about him, he's our resident mentally-ill troll. He goes by a few pseudonyms, and he has recently closed his other longterm account here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77826.0
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:37:32 AM

Jesus man you need serious help.  You are worse than 4channers.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:45:04 AM

Always.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 06:11:43 AM

Jesus man you need serious help.  You are worse than 4channers.

Seriously, it's getting kind of creepy how dependent he is on these forums.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
faidsaid

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 06:16:12 AM

+1
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 06:19:20 AM

Jesus man you need serious help.  You are worse than 4channers.

When you're young you think that everything is important because you can't see forward, only backward. Atlas will eventually get to the point that he realizes his life is worthless, meaningless, and he is an annoyance to everyone. His lack of talents, skills and horribly conceited over-inflated self-important sense of worth will find him quickly forced into violent situations where he will eventually snap.

I'm going to make it official and call it now at 3:20PM on April 30th, 2012 KST: Atlas will be a serial killer and try to lead police to himself as quickly as possible so that they can "study and be amazed" at his intellect. He's write books about his thoughts and expect everyone to be distracted for decades studying his mind in amazing, awestruck by the complexities of his rare genius.

I've seen this movie before. Can we change the channel yet?

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 07:28:58 AM

Hey @tl@s,

Not cool.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:23:19 PM

He needs the shrinks. And probably the devil himself. Poor guy. Cry
c1b3rshad3

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:39:09 PM

Well I started to share my real opinion but hey, if ya can't say something nice...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 04:50:55 PM

Jesus man you need serious help.  You are worse than 4channers.

When you're young you think that everything is important because you can't see forward, only backward. Atlas will eventually get to the point that he realizes his life is worthless, meaningless, and he is an annoyance to everyone. His lack of talents, skills and horribly conceited over-inflated self-important sense of worth will find him quickly forced into violent situations where he will eventually snap.

I'm going to make it official and call it now at 3:20PM on April 30th, 2012 KST: Atlas will be a serial killer and try to lead police to himself as quickly as possible so that they can "study and be amazed" at his intellect. He's write books about his thoughts and expect everyone to be distracted for decades studying his mind in amazing, awestruck by the complexities of his rare genius.

I've seen this movie before. Can we change the channel yet?

The book's been written:

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 04:56:05 PM

sure Atlas/Jon whatever sucks.

but this is not Atlas, he is just a troll, who is pretending to be Atlas.
Atlas was never this obvious. 

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 05:01:37 PM

For sake of having something to do between important matters, can we keep on pretending the OP is Atlas?

~Cackling Bear~
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:13:01 PM

For sake of having something to do between important matters, can we keep on pretending the OP is Atlas?

~Cackling Bear~

Sure!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
jack-o-lantern

Activity: 23

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 05:20:43 PM

Hey, what is this?

Speaking of the devil, I find satanism to be quite a sensible religion (compared to every other religion, at least). As this topic seems awfully off topic, let's talk about satanism instead. M'kay?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: