Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:16:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin 3.0 | Multi-algorithm, Improved Blockchain Storage | RELEASED!  (Read 85592 times)
SimonTower

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:23:37 PM

Very nice comments vince232. Digitalcoin has had a good run for the last 2 years, but is really still in its infancy. The core community and their efforts are absolutely amazing. Difference here is that you don't see people exaggerating their work and implying that it's going to make you rich tomorrow if you buy today. I'm in it for the long term, and have a very high level of confidence in this project

You won't hear true DGC supporters making unfounded claims of future value, but don't spend your 10,000 DGC on a pizza.

TT

true. but whats bothering me is  this coin was at 2-3k sat. there was never a pump at the trex history. maybe development is slow?

In the market exist 3 typical scenario to rising a little altcoin.

Some pump and dumpers playing game. Nobody win, only the "player". They doin' this with worthless shitcoins usually.
In the other case the developer(bagholders) make a massive pump without dump and goin' to mainstream without any real innovation. I don't want to write examples..khmm.
At last the developer spend dozens thousand of $ to a marketing campaign.

Pump and dumpers never played at DGC market, our team hasn't money to massive pump(most of us doesn't support this idea too) and our marketing budget isn't enough for a significant rising at short time.
So we're working on the projects and make a slowly rising for years.

In personally I don't have cash to buy DGC. My miners working on DGC from the launch and I won't spend a single coin while we're not in mainstream.
What is happening now at markets is similar to 2012. When the alt markets will revive at the next BTC boom(don't forget the halving at 2016) I think 0.001-0.01BTC/DGC price isn't a dream at long term.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:35:48 PM

Very nice comments vince232. Digitalcoin has had a good run for the last 2 years, but is really still in its infancy. The core community and their efforts are absolutely amazing. Difference here is that you don't see people exaggerating their work and implying that it's going to make you rich tomorrow if you buy today. I'm in it for the long term, and have a very high level of confidence in this project

You won't hear true DGC supporters making unfounded claims of future value, but don't spend your 10,000 DGC on a pizza.

TT

true. but whats bothering me is  this coin was at 2-3k sat. there was never a pump at the trex history. maybe development is slow?

Vince, congrats.  Also like to congrats Trenal for winning the DGC March Madness Brackets Pool and collecting 35,000 DGC.  I was rooting for Wisconsin to pull it off as that would have put 35k DGC in the Digitalcoin Foundation fund.  Guess it was not meant to be.  Smiley

Regarding DGC price, it is good to see support at 1700-1800 satoshi.  Personally, I'm not worry about price right now because I know DGC is very actively being developed for mass adoption and not for pump and dump. 

-tb-

cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:34:08 PM

true. but whats bothering me is  this coin was at 2-3k sat. there was never a pump at the trex history. maybe development is slow?

there was a lot of volatility when DGC was created (all altcoins were being pumped then), however now i think it will be rather difficult for us to get a pump. the supply of DGC has been distributed too well, it is a very 'organic' coin, if a large investor wants to take stake they would have to buy up a lot of supply and it's simply too risky right now. that doesn't mean it can't happen though.

we just try to keep DGC fair for everyone. i'd like us to be known as a 'gold standard' coin that adopts proven practices/advancements made in the crypto scene, like when we upgraded to multi-algo PoW hashing as implemented by Myriadcoin. having great distribution is important in a crypto-economy. in that sense DGC is more of a kickstarter kind of thing, by staying normal and unhyped we are free to choose whatever direction we want to go in.

also, development isn't 'slow', our devs did an excellent job updating us to v3. there just isn't much that is necessary to be done, the 'activity' you see around coins like DRK are mostly to hype the coin so they can dump their premine. i like DGC exactly as we are now, we've proven ourselves to be competent, and the price stays at a fair entry-point for the little guy. like a non-profit organization anyone can join, and the more momentum it gets the more it benefits those who joined.

that being said DGC does need to overhaul its image, right now it is hard to grasp what is happening here.
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

there was a lot of volatility when DGC was created (all altcoins were being pumped then), however now i think it will be rather difficult for us to get a pump. the supply of DGC has been distributed too well, it is a very 'organic' coin, if a large investor wants to take stake they would have to buy up a lot of supply and it's simply too risky right now. that doesn't mean it can't happen though.

we just try to keep DGC fair for everyone. i'd like us to be known as a 'gold standard' coin that adopts proven practices/advancements made in the crypto scene, like when we upgraded to multi-algo PoW hashing as implemented by Myriadcoin. having great distribution is important in a crypto-economy. in that sense DGC is more of a kickstarter kind of thing, by staying normal and unhyped we are free to choose whatever direction we want to go in.

that being said DGC does need to overhaul its image, right now it is hard to grasp what is happening here.

well it is a good thing that it is distributed well. it is fair for the miners. but with the rapid advancement of alt coins right now, SDC gonna release shadowmarket, nav released their own anon technology, xst gonna release stealthsend and soon their own market. syscoin building their own market. cannabis also doing some stuff. if the pace of development for digitalcoin remains the same im afraid DGC will be left behind.
xawksow

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:02:36 PM

well it is a good thing that it is distributed well. it is fair for the miners. but with the rapid advancement of alt coins right now, SDC gonna release shadowmarket, nav released their own anon technology, xst gonna release stealthsend and soon their own market. syscoin building their own market. cannabis also doing some stuff. if the pace of development for digitalcoin remains the same im afraid DGC will be left behind.

Rapid advancement? You currently can't say if that is a good advancement or it will be bad.
That is what we want to avoid.
For sure, we could just add 2348239749823 features which are released per week, but probably only a handful of them are really good and useful.
For instance a car with rocket turbine is a nice advancement, but will it be useful? Probably not.
So we just wait and see what actually is good and implement that.

We already got our own market, which is https://noobie.io Smiley
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:44:19 PM

You will find most often those 'advancements' are the result of a whale wanting a hyped market to cash out on. They don't do it for the magic that is cryptocurrency, they do it to retain hype in a manipulated market. More often than not what they do rarely makes any real impact on the cryptocurrency scene.

The position of DGC is to observe and integrate. Should there be any REAL advancement within cryptocurrency we will discuss it and possibly implement it ourselves. We do not do gimmicky development, only what has been proven.

That being said, please do speak up if you think there's something that DGC needs. But I have to say if you're afraid we'll be 'left behind' that is mostly paranoia (everyone has it), it's been two years and we're still here Smiley

I will add, I'd like to have a forum for discussing possible future implementations we could make. DPoS seems promising, but on the same token it does not fare well to make hasty decisions. DGC is fine as it is currently. As time passes we will keep ourselves updated to industry standards. Simple as that.
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:08:16 PM

I will add, I'd like to have a forum for discussing possible future implementations we could make. DPoS seems promising, but on the same token it does not fare well to make hasty decisions. DGC is fine as it is currently. As time passes we will keep ourselves updated to industry standards. Simple as that.

You can start here...

-tb-

depboy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:49:28 PM

Calling all X11 miners - Mine for FREE, and help me test

I have today set up what I believe to be the first and only DGC-X11 p2pool node.  It can be found at:

http://mine4free.noip.me:8811

To mine using my node, simply configure your miner with:

-o stratum+tcp://mine4free.noip.me:8811 -u [YOURDGCWALLETADDRESS] -p x

PLEASE DON'T MINE TO AN EXCHANGE ADDRESS, YOU WILL NOT BE CREDITED WITH THE COINS!

If you a fancy going one step further and helping to establish a network of p2pool nodes by setting up your own DGC-X11 node, you may find the following repository useful:

https://github.com/depboy/p2pool-depboy

If you need any help getting up and running please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help.
SimonTower

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:09:43 AM

Your pool is working.

I made an own P2pool node too at http://simondgcx11.dynu.com:8811
The miners need to add --no-extranonce to the sgminer config or .bat
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 11:11:05 AM

Two points I see in the last few posts.

I think vince232 is right. We just don't do a good enough job getting information out to the public.

I also think xawksow is right. Remember when Coke improved their formula? What a bomb!

But in reality, there is quite a bit going on, it's just that we don't associate the work that's being done with short term profit potential.

So we have to do a better job of getting the word out about Digitalcoin, and letting folks see that we are solid, active, and very much alive, so that more people, like ourselves, are confident in the long term viability of Digitalcoin.

I think we would be open to suggestions as to how we can better promote Digitalcoin, and I for one would not be opposed to spending some money to accomplish this.

TT
depboy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:32:15 PM

Your pool is working.

Sweet! Can we get X11 p2pool nodes added to the pool list in the OP?

Also, it's been a while since I tried mining any of the X algos. Still viable with gpus or not? If so what's the best miner to use for AMD gpus?
SimonTower

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:33:23 PM

Your pool is working.

Also, it's been a while since I tried mining any of the X algos. Still viable with gpus or not? If so what's the best miner to use for AMD gpus?

We will add to ann and the other sites. Yes, we are using vga cards.
The best cards at X11 depend on hashrate/price/power consumption:(overclocked results)

With CCminer:
GTX970: ~8100Kh

With SGminer:
R9 290: ~8400Kh
R9 280X(7970): ~6700Kh
R9 280(7950): ~6000Kh
vince232

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:15:35 PM

Your pool is working.

We will add to ann and the other sites. Yes, we are using vga cards.
The best cards at X11 depend on hashrate/price/power consumption:(overclocked results)

With CCminer:
GTX970: ~8100Kh

With SGminer:
R9 290: ~8400Kh
R9 280X(7970): ~6700Kh
R9 280(7950): ~6000Kh

hey what did you do to your 280x?

i have a powercolor turbo duo 280x. i only get 2.3mh
SimonTower

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:40:48 PM

Sgminer 5.1, Wolf's bin. "Older drivers", don't use omega!1150/1600Mhz
My config:
sgminer.exe -k darkcoin-mod -o stratum+tcp://simondgcx11.dynu.com:8811 -u D9cwKpq1A8Wv2jZYszvojLELUHPGjFxaLH -p 12345 --expiry 1 -s 1 --queue 0 --xintensity 128 -w 64 -g 4 --gpu-platform 1

If You have any question, feel free to ask. Wink
SimonTower

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:52:29 AM

Found around 120 blocks in the last 24 hours at my pool. ( http://simondgcx11.dynu.com:8811/ )

It's working flawlessly. Thank You for the code depboy.
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:00:45 PM

My config:
sgminer.exe -k darkcoin-mod -o stratum+tcp://simondgcx11.dynu.com:8811 -u D9cwKpq1A8Wv2jZYszvojLELUHPGjFxaLH -p 12345 --expiry 1 -s 1 --queue 0 --xintensity 128 -w 64 -g 4 --gpu-platform 1

vince232, you should try SimonTower suggestion.  It will double your hashrate if not more. 

If you need help, stop by DGC irc channel:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#digitalcoin

-tb-

vince232

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:24:47 PM

hey i have downloaded the wolf bin but where can i dl the sgminer 5?
SimonTower

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:38:57 PM

hey i have downloaded the wolf bin but where can i dl the sgminer 5?

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#sgminer
vince232

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 04:35:07 PM

My config:

vince232, you should try SimonTower suggestion.  It will double your hashrate if not more. 

If you need help, stop by DGC irc channel:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#digitalcoin

-tb-

thanks for the help!!!!!
techbytes
Legendary

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:49:04 PM

Anytime...   Wink

Anyone else have any questions, swing by irc and someone is always there to help.

-tb-

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: