Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin 3.0 | Multi-algorithm, Improved Blockchain Storage | RELEASED!  (Read 85590 times)
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 05:06:34 AM

i'm curious about this coins fall?

what happened? used to be one of the strongest crypto communities  Huh

mec, dgc, wdc, quark, cbx

all those giants from 2013 wave all hit bottom of the pile

cbx making a come back

dgc was crushed when the dev apparently got hacked and the premine dumped. Many didnt buy that story.... who can say.

I think all of these giants should make come back.

After delete of these coins from the Chinese exchange BTC38 chance for a new pump and attention equal to 0.
Invest only in those coins that have an active team and time-tested.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:41:57 AM

dgc was crushed when the dev apparently got hacked and the premine dumped. Many didnt buy that story.... who can say.

wasn't that an old story from ages back, even i was on the attack back then.....but its seemed to be still kicking along until relatively recently  Huh
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:50:04 AM

i'm curious about this coins fall?

what happened? used to be one of the strongest crypto communities  Huh

mec, dgc, wdc, quark, cbx

all those giants from 2013 wave all hit bottom of the pile

cbx making a come back

I think all of these giants should make come back.

After delete of these coins from the Chinese exchange BTC38 chance for a new pump and attention equal to 0.
Invest only in those coins that have an active team and time-tested.

well if i'm interested i wouldn't say the chance is equal to zero  Wink
CapeTownMinter

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:35:22 PM

possible theory

Chinese exchange BTC38 was buying DGB but not allowing people to Dept/withdraw and DGC only added to that exchange by the admin...creating a false high demand for the coin... and this created larger buy orders on bluetrade, cryptopia, and coinexchange ....creating the perfect scenario for a large dump.
Aureliusy

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:56:56 AM

It is a shame this coin is part of the graveyard. Really liked their logo as well.
Hardly any old coins are part of the current top 100. Everything seems to be ICo's...

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:43:20 AM

agree older coins had better community, not just the get rich quick crowds of today (funilly enough most the old school crowd got rich).

i do see a brighter future for the older coins that are still going like feathercoin etc, over the million and one ICO, airdrops etc being pumped out each day.

DGC itself could be revived, i'm sure most the old community is still around.
CapeTownMinter

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:29:24 PM

it would be nice for community to start the processes of a coin takeover

DGC.V4 fork proposed  

a 4th algo would be a nice update to bring GPU mining back to DGC.

remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:12:34 PM

Hi. I’m starting a list of the oldest cryptos. For now I’m maintaining the list on a bitcointalk thread but will eventually host a website. Hoping to add value to old coins by making the age rankings easy to look up.

Offering $20 in crypto bounty for additions/corrections. I want it to be accurate, but I’m sure I’ve made mistakes so could use your help please.

Thread with the list and details is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2019145.msg20120985#msg20120985
poer

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 08:06:32 AM

Digitalcoin not update

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
lomtax

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:36:23 PM

Hi,

I took a look at the source code and the startup crash seems pretty easy to fix.
I've got a working wallet on linux and osx, is someone interrested in the windows build ?
I can fork the official source on github and store the new release on it if you want.
CapeTownMinter

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 11:43:49 PM

Hi,

I took a look at the source code and the startup crash seems pretty easy to fix.
I've got a working wallet on linux and osx, is someone interrested in the windows build ?
I can fork the official source on github and store the new release on it if you want.

that would be great

Question: would it be possible to fork this coin & update it to new coin with new Dev support ?

Seems original Developer has truly abandoned DGC

lomtax

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:21:00 AM

Yes of course, for multiple reason (universal name, age, existing community...) i think DGC still have a huge potential.
Maybe I can create the "DGC V4" fork on github as you proposed and include the little code modification i've done.
It could be great if some people here are ok for starting/joining a new dev team, I can't do it all alone Smiley
lomtax

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:38:39 AM

Wallet fixed !

Today is a good day for the DGC !

Windows, MacOS and Linux build of the DGC wallet are available for download !

You can find them on my forked version of the official repo, i added the fix patch and a new splash screen to celebrate this event Smiley
It's called DGC v4.0, and i will do other modification later on the GUI.
I don't plan to change something about the core blockchain system and mining algos for the moment. (i will need help for that.)

All builds can be found here :

https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin/releases

I added a .txt file with a list of nodes ip with the builds, don't forget to add the content of this file into your digitalcoin.conf to make the wallet synchronize with the network.

Enjoy Smiley
Koltan

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:09:12 PM

Wallet fixed !

Today is a good day for the DGC !

Windows, MacOS and Linux build of the DGC wallet are available for download !

You can find them on my forked version of the official repo, i added the fix patch and a new splash screen to celebrate this event Smiley
It's called DGC v4.0, and i will do other modification later on the GUI.
I don't plan to change something about the core blockchain system and mining algos for the moment. (i will need help for that.)

All builds can be found here :

https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin/releases

I added a .txt file with a list of nodes ip with the builds, don't forget to add the content of this file into your digitalcoin.conf to make the wallet synchronize with the network.

Enjoy Smiley

Wow! That's a great news! Smiley
Now it would be good to write a message to baritus. He said he had a contact with btc38. And he can try to ask their admin to restore the DGC on BTC38 if the wallet will be fixed.
DrSluice

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:40:30 PM

Hate to be a downer but  Linux wallet still not working for me. Tried everything won't configure or make keeps complaining of missing  BerkeleyDB C++ headers missing. when I try all available remedies I end up with a conflict between libdb4.8-dev
and 5.3. nothing working qt wallet not installed properly. Think I'll give up for now, and try again in a few days.

Thanks
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:10:51 AM

Doesn't seem to work on Windows. Client loads, gets past splash screen, then quits. Deletes itself from the HDD as well.
Koltan

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:40:53 AM

Client loads, gets past splash screen, then quits. Deletes itself from the HDD as well.

That sounds bad...
lomtax

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:58:11 PM

Thank for your feedback guys, and sorry for the bad experience you had.

@DrSluice

My bad, I didn't updated the build notice yesterday. It's a very new fork so some old stuff are still here, sorry for the time you have wasted.
Today, thank to your feedback, i have worked on this point and you can now build and launch the wallet directly from the source, just with this following line in the terminal :

sudo apt-get install -y git
git clone https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin.git
cd digitalcoin
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev
sudo apt-get install -y libboost-all-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev libqt4-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
./autogen.sh
./configure
sudo make install
digitalcoin-qt

I've tested those lines on a fresh new install of Ubuntu 17.10 and it's building like a charm.
I will remove the linux build from the release page of github because this way is far better for having an updated build on Linux.
I also updated the build notice on the project main page.
Hope this work well for you this time.

@verloren

Can you tell me more about your configuration? What version of windows are you using? and did you have a previous digitalcoin wallet installed on your PC?
I have tested this build on multiple windows 10 with no previous digitalcoin installed and i didn't had any problem.

If you had a previous version, you can try to remove your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Digitalcoin folder before opening this build.
Warning : Of course, make a backup of your Wallet.dat before removing the folder Smiley
Hope this work well for you too.

I'm currently working on a new version for removing the need of adding manually the node list into the conf file.
Linux users aldready have this feature with the process i wrote before. Other builds will come soon.
DrSluice

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:05:37 AM

Thanks lomtax for all your efforts. I copied and pasted your revised install code for Linux and all goes well until I get this error message:

rpcrawtransaction.cpp:299:77:   required from here
/usr/include/boost/variant/get.hpp:178:5: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>’
     BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT_MSG(
     ^
Makefile:897: recipe for target 'rpcrawtransaction.o' failed
make[2]: *** [rpcrawtransaction.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/glen/digitalcoin/src'
Makefile:919: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/glen/digitalcoin/src'
Makefile:509: recipe for target 'install-recursive' failed
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I must be closer than ever, but still won't fully make. FYI, yes I did sudo during the make install command. For now I'm still mining DGC to a paper wallet address and looking forward to sorting this out. I think I'm feeling nostalgic
for some simpler coins that just plain work and  I used Digital coin back when it first hit the scene. I liked it.

Thanks again if you have any ideas how I can move forward from here let me know. Probably something silly at this point.
verloren

Activity: 323

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

Current system is breaking down (W7 64bit w/ RAM issues). It took some work, and the wallet now loads (had to wipe out previous data eg blockchain).

Interestingly, it reports the original DGC wallet as being corrupt and fails to initialize.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: