Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DGC] Digitalcoin 3.0 | Multi-algorithm, Improved Blockchain Storage | RELEASED!  (Read 85589 times)
sucksyd

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:49:52 PM

What renaissance are you speaking of? Not much going on here except stakeholders cheering up and getting excited about an upcoming 2/3 reduction of coins.

Congrats to have cast in concrete that DGC will now be just another massively pre-mined scamcoin just to save early miner's profits.

If you are willing to save the coin why not leave everyone who's just starting to mine with the same chance as you had? Anything is else is very shady, given that the overall amount was cut significantly once before in the last year. Why would anyone still mine DGC for a fraction of the coins from now on when there are 17 million coins out already?

I did say this when I held a large amount of DGC before and I still say so today. It's a shame, really.

DGC is at one of it's lowest price points right now. It's been 'a 1 cent or less coin' for many months now.

There are two choices

1 - Allow the coin to die due to there being no demand for the number of coins minted, there has been an oversupply for a long time
2 - Change it and make some new useful systems which work with it

I guess you would rather it dies out altogether as that's exactly what would happen if it's left the way it is.

Others have different feelings and are actively working to make it useful in new and interesting ways.

this dinosaur coin has no active dev teams .it moves like dead wood and no any updating in front of us .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:56:34 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 03:38:43 PM by samson

this dinosaur coin has no active dev teams .it moves like dead wood and no any updating in front of us .

I don't know why think this but you're completely wrong. I built the new Mac wallet from the newly developed source code just two days ago.

The DGC version 3 multi algorithm wallets and mining is being tested right now. Pools are being put into place.

The hard fork is planned for the end of November and a firm block number of the fork will be announced a couple of weeks prior to this.

We're allowing increased op_return data storage in the new version of the coin which will allow for all sorts of structures and protocols to be built on top of the blockchain.

The current price for DGC is between $0.007 to 0.014 on November 4th 2014.
In BTC that's ~0.00003 and about 0.058 to 0.067 CNY on various exchanges over the last few days.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:41:39 PM

We could always increase the # of coins minted per block in the future if DGC becomes more popular. I doubt it'd be difficult to get miners to upgrade if that's the case.

Could a public testnet get started so those interested in DGC can confirm for themselves that active development is around?

fwiw i like how DGC isn't hyped, let people who are genuinely interested learn on their own.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 07:35:29 AM

What renaissance are you speaking of? Not much going on here except stakeholders cheering up and getting excited about an upcoming 2/3 reduction of coins.

Congrats to have cast in concrete that DGC will now be just another massively pre-mined scamcoin just to save early miner's profits.

If you are willing to save the coin why not leave everyone who's just starting to mine with the same chance as you had? Anything is else is very shady, given that the overall amount was cut significantly once before in the last year. Why would anyone still mine DGC for a fraction of the coins from now on when there are 17 million coins out already?

I did say this when I held a large amount of DGC before and I still say so today. It's a shame, really.

If DGC were halving right now for the nth time, would you still be crying that new miners don't have the same chance as early adopters?

What about new Bitcoin miners, should we dilute Bitcoin with a few billion new Bitcoins and reduce the difficulty to make it fair to the new miners?  Is life always fair in the world you live in?  

Miners and investors have had a [relatively] long time to mine and buy DGC very very cheaply.  Those who missed it will have to live with it just like I have to live with the fact that I found out about Bitcoin after it hit $266 and will never be able to mine it.

By cutting the massive inflation and dilution for DGC, the dev team will add significant long term value to DGC.  This is a mathematical fact backed by the same math which backs the Bitcoin protocol.  Simple financial equations which [oddly enough] have escaped most crypto techies.

Once demand picks up all the alt-coins which had the foresight to do the exact equivalent of a corporate stock BuyBack will see their prices sky-rocket magnitudes higher than those who chose to dilute their coins into oblivion.  And then miners [new and old] will be handsomely repaid for their efforts.

Let's leave our personal feelings aside and follow math and science given this is high-tech, afterall.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 02:16:23 PM

Always had a lot of respect for you disclaimer201, and still do. For months, many folks have stuck with Digitalcoin, and have been working hard to transition past the baritus era, even though several have bailed as you did.  I think your perspective is natural considering your dump had little effect on the price of DGC, and the fact that the price has doubled since then.  Everyone wants to make the right decisions, but in this case you made a mistake.

Digitalcoin is coming back. There is a lot of development in progress, and serious initiatives being worked on. Like any good business, we will not hype until things are in place and solid, but take my word for it, Digitalcoin is no scam, and miners will mine because the 5 DGC reward will provide more value than 15 DGC today.

I miss your market cap posts and words of wisdom on the Digitalcoin forum, disclaimer201, and I think we'd all benifit from your support, so I for one would welcome renewed interest from the person I'm reminded of every time I look at the "referred by" area of my cryptsy dashboard.

TT

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:10:07 PM

Always had a lot of respect for you disclaimer201, and still do. For months, many folks have stuck with Digitalcoin, and have been working hard to transition past the baritus era, even though several have bailed as you did.  I think your perspective is natural considering your dump had little effect on the price of DGC, and the fact that the price has doubled since then.  Everyone wants to make the right decisions, but in this case you made a mistake.

Digitalcoin is coming back. There is a lot of development in progress, and serious initiatives being worked on. Like any good business, we will not hype until things are in place and solid, but take my word for it, Digitalcoin is no scam, and miners will mine because the 5 DGC reward will provide more value than 15 DGC today.

I miss your market cap posts and words of wisdom on the Digitalcoin forum, disclaimer201, and I think we'd all benifit from your support, so I for one would welcome renewed interest from the person I'm reminded of every time I look at the "referred by" area of my cryptsy dashboard.

TT

Lets not forget the price of Bitcoin has gone down by quite a bit since then.

In the three days following the 200k dump on Cryptsy over 800k DGC were 'bought up' on btc38.com followed by another large 'buy up' also on btc38 of around 400k on September the 22nd. A total of 1.2 million coins in just about 10 days - it was a frenzy. The price went up by some 50% on a temporary basis due to these huge buys.

This is a sure sign of someone accumulating coins and paying above the current market rate to get the quantity they want while the price is low.

The price on Sep 9-11th on the chinese market where all the action really happens was about the same as it is now - 0.06 CNY = about 1 US cent. It went up due to massive buys and has been leveling out at the 1 cent level since then.

I suspect someone with deep pockets and a trading bot on btc38 and probably Cryptsy has 'pegged it' at or around the 1 cent level ever since.
caixiuqi

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 03:11:42 PM

what's the new of the v3.0?

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QbDYXR1uvQ8aELV2uUVvxNGwAzh8Y5ANTz
Free Distribution 50,000,000 VPNCOIN !!! ViSsiqrT3xKXCwiEMYWLFFFfxhXayAJCqc[/color]
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:58:47 AM

Those 200k that day on cryptsy were indeed mine. It was a mistake to sell but I didn't sell them to hurt the currency or to short it. I sold because I was deeply disappointed of DGC's dev, who to me is nothing but an early quitter. How could you put so much effort into coding and improving of a coin, an exchange, and all of the forums just to call it quits when running into some issues? That's insane! The fact that he closed the exchange on a super short notice, rendering all shares near worthless and throwing in the towel for the entire coin development convinced me that it was indeed him who "hacked" himself while collecting donations and deceiving everyone. It's fair to say that he needed money and he needed it overnight. At the same time telling everyone on the forums that he "just had a cash injection of 30k" that as far as I know was never used to promote the coin. Worst of all, the entire ordeal shows he as the developer didn't believe in his own coin. Under these circumstances, how could DGC possibly have a future from that point on?

Obviously someone manipulated the price or artifically supported it and I'm all out of the game. I will not buy back in higher than I sold my DGC as I'm not convinced any of the newly proposed measures will save the coin. You know why? DGC is missing the necessary attention and has been terrible at marketing for the longest time. Competition is rising every day and dilluting the market.

Mining DGC now is out of the question for me as you guys just decided to cut the supply by 2/3! Also reconsidered on buying scrypt Asics as they now will never ROI. Lucky I waited for so long. I'm sticking to mining bitcoin and only bitcoin for now.

This wasn't the first mistake I did but you don't need to worry as I was quite an early BTC miner, early LTC miner, mined almost all of my DGC myself or bought them for 2-3k satoshis, and I made some profits on Doge and MoonCoin along the way. I'll be fine. Not so sure about DGC though.

Nevertheless, goodluck.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:57:12 AM

Those 200k that day on cryptsy were indeed mine. It was a mistake to sell but I didn't sell them to hurt the currency or to short it. I sold because I was deeply disappointed of DGC's dev, who to me is nothing but an early quitter. How could you put so much effort into coding and improving of a coin, an exchange, and all of the forums just to call it quits when running into some issues? That's insane! The fact that he closed the exchange on a super short notice, rendering all shares near worthless and throwing in the towel for the entire coin development convinced me that it was indeed him who "hacked" himself while collecting donations and deceiving everyone. It's fair to say that he needed money and he needed it overnight. At the same time telling everyone on the forums that he "just had a cash injection of 30k" that as far as I know was never used to promote the coin. Worst of all, the entire ordeal shows he as the developer didn't believe in his own coin. Under these circumstances, how could DGC possibly have a future from that point on?

Obviously someone manipulated the price or artifically supported it and I'm all out of the game. I will not buy back in higher than I sold my DGC as I'm not convinced any of the newly proposed measures will save the coin. You know why? DGC is missing the necessary attention and has been terrible at marketing for the longest time. Competition is rising every day and dilluting the market.

Mining DGC now is out of the question for me as you guys just decided to cut the supply by 2/3! Also reconsidered on buying scrypt Asics as they now will never ROI. Lucky I waited for so long. I'm sticking to mining bitcoin and only bitcoin for now.

This wasn't the first mistake I did but you don't need to worry as I was quite an early BTC miner, early LTC miner, mined almost all of my DGC myself or bought them for 2-3k satoshis, and I made some profits on Doge and MoonCoin along the way. I'll be fine. Not so sure about DGC though.

Nevertheless, goodluck.

Yes it was a mistake to sell but you still have a chance to buy back DGC at a very good price so all is not lost. We might never know why the previous dev decided to call it quits but I still feel in the long run DGC won't be overly effected by his actions or lack thereof. What we are seeing at the moment is a natural progression due to current market forces. Pretty much all cryptocoins are down including BTC and prices are being diluted by the continual creation of new 'shitcoins'. Its going to take some unique and useful ideas for coins to rise above the cesspool of mainly pump and dump cryptocoins.

You still have time to mine now before V3 is out and even then after that who knows, if the price rises on DGC your going to see profits from mining which could very well be more than what they are now.

Have you even read the DGC forums or spent time in DGC IRC lately? If you did you would know that the DGC Foundation has taken control and is working hard to bring about useful and meaningful changes to Digitalcoin by way of various projects including the V3 update. With Kenel at the helm and his 'can do' attitude along with guys like Ahmed and Xawksow developing for Digitalcoin I believe we stand a better chance than alot of other coins at becoming successful.

Anyway obviously its your choice in the end but I feel like you might want to take a deeper look at what is currently happening before you decide to walk away from the DGC community and any investment in Digitalcoin.

Cheers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 01:09:27 PM

Was not indicating that you had any negative intentions when you sold off your Digitalcoin disclaimer201, and I know it was a result of your disappointment. I had to force myself to fight off those same feelings. I do have to disagree with you on one point though. I don't think he quit because he didn't believe in his own coin, I think he quit because he did, and still does believe that Digitalcoin has real potential, but not with him in the lead role. We're fortunate that he set the coin free, and has given us the opportunity to bring it back.

Not suggesting you mine or buy, but the reward has not changed yet, so now would be an excellent time to do both.

TT
s4m0ht

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:13:17 PM

Hello, I have a question about DCG and ARG, are they similar? It is not clear to me what they share, thanks!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 10:19:22 PM

Hello, I have a question about DCG and ARG, are they similar? It is not clear to me what they share, thanks!

Argentum is similar to Digitalcoin in that it's a scrypt based coin, but there are some differences.  The main ones being:

Maximum block size increased to 10mb
Maximum signature operations per block maximum increased to 100k
32 Second block time

TT
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 02:48:13 AM

Argentum is similar to Digitalcoin in that it's a scrypt based coin, but there are some differences.  The main ones being:

32 Second block time

TT

Not to mention argentum has way less coins out and way lower inflation yet it's only one third the price of DGC.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 12:33:02 PM

32 Second block time

TT

Not to mention argentum has way less coins out and way lower inflation yet it's only one third the price of DGC.

That's right. I forget about that sometimes. Thanks for pointing that out Vlad2Vlad.  Just bought a few thousand ARG.

TT
s4m0ht

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:03:08 PM

32 Second block time

TT

That's right. I forget about that sometimes. Thanks for pointing that out Vlad2Vlad.  Just bought a few thousand ARG.

TT

Thanks both for the explanation:) The price difference is interesting indeed
kenel (OP)

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:28:11 PM

E-pools has been added to our pool list!

Updates for DGC v3 will be posted shortly.

Thanks!
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:14:35 PM

Testing is going well. Multi algo working perfectly!  Won't be long now.

TT
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:19:56 PM

Early version of the Digitalcoin promotional video is up. Very nice work Xawksow and NeS. Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A391hnMNEH8

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:14:32 PM

writing article about digitalcoin for our german investors page.
can you pls give me some inside views?
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:23:34 PM

writing article about digitalcoin for our german investors page.
can you pls give me some inside views?

I wrote a thread on the attractive price point of Digitalcoin here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=800481.0

as for 'inside views' there isn't much that hasn't already been said. Digitalcoin is basically a fair-start crypto that anyone can participate in if they wish, as of now it's openly developed by those who see promise in it. Since it's not being manipulated for profit there isn't much hype around it.

It seems the market cap bottoms out at $100k, right now we're at $200k, so it's a safe investment if one wants to get into crypto. The name brand is important too, "digital coin" is about as literal as it gets. It's up to you to find where value is Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: