Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2014, 03:13:18 AM *
News: Due to the OpenSSL heartbleed bug, changing your forum password is recommended.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yard - Coworking Office Space in NYC to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 1698 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)

Activity: 868

Charlie Van Bitcoin

View Profile

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 04:56:04 AM

Hey Guys,

http://workattheyard.com/

They will be New York City's first coworking office space to accept Bitcoin

Working with the owner now to get integration, and they will make an announcement to get some good PR going.

Some companies that work there are Uber, Wanderfly, The Hype Machine, F&T Creative, Gander.TV, more workattheyard.com/tenants/

Bitcoin payers will get a discount, although not sure what yet.

I may move into this space as well, its an amazing atmosphere to work  Smiley

Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY

-Charlie

"In a free society, private payments should be covered by merchant-customer privilege just as attorney-client privilege covers confidential legal communication." - Jon Matonis, Director, Bitcoin Foundation
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrew Bitcoiner
SCAMMER

Activity: 397

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 05:02:45 AM

Taking over the world!

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
evoorhees

Activity: 910

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 04:24:53 PM

Awesome spot!

SatoshiDICE World's most popular Bitcoin game.
Tuxavant

Activity: 728

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 05:02:01 PM

Damn you guys in NY for being first! I will attempt getting this going at UsrLib.org, the Las Vegas coworking facility.

Generation Bitcoin | G+ | FB | Bitcoins In Vegas | CoinBus.com | TOR Exit Operator 1MVTPATVCKBMfALRHJsXpHfKJu7GyL7nAc
Yankee (BitInstant)

Charlie Van Bitcoin

View Profile

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 05:13:07 PM

Damn you guys in NY for being first! I will attempt getting this going at UsrLib.org, the Las Vegas coworking facility.

Cool!

I think once these guys accept it, itll make it easier for you to convince UsrLib

"In a free society, private payments should be covered by merchant-customer privilege just as attorney-client privilege covers confidential legal communication." - Jon Matonis, Director, Bitcoin Foundation
Tuxavant

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 05:19:50 PM

Oh Snap! So I actually have a chance to make it happen first... lol... game on buddy!

Generation Bitcoin | G+ | FB | Bitcoins In Vegas | CoinBus.com | TOR Exit Operator 1MVTPATVCKBMfALRHJsXpHfKJu7GyL7nAc
Yankee (BitInstant)

Charlie Van Bitcoin

View Profile

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 06:26:30 PM

Oh Snap! So I actually have a chance to make it happen first... lol... game on buddy!

Nothing like some healthy competition  Grin

2 BTC to the winner?

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 06:29:27 PM

2 BTC to the winner?

LOL... I'll pass as you hold your finger over the "submit bitcoin accepted here logo" button. We'll just have to settle for at least one of them to get it going and hopefully many many more in the near future.

Yankee (BitInstant)

Charlie Van Bitcoin

View Profile

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 06:34:11 PM

2 BTC to the winner?

LOL... I'll pass as you hold your finger over the "submit bitcoin accepted here logo" button. We'll just have to settle for at least one of them to get it going and hopefully many many more in the near future.

hahaha ok, you may win though!

Stephen Gornick

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 30, 2012, 06:38:48 PM

Notice the post said New York City's first.

They will be New York City's first coworking office space to accept Bitcoin

The first ever coworking to accept Bitcoins as payment was, of course, CoinLab, of Seattle.  That is where Nefario was headed when customs stopped him at the airport and after explaining his intention to pay expenses with bitcoins they made him go back home.

Along with "bomb" and "fresh fruit," add "bitcoin" to the list of things you should never say at U.S. Customs.
- http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2389277,00.asp
 - http://www.geekwire.com/2011/coinlab-center-bitcoin-projects-created-seattle/

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW

Ignore
May 01, 2012, 01:33:25 AM

This makes me sad, you party pooper. 8D  Well at least this means there's almost a 100% chance UsrLib.org will be the first in Nevada.

The first ever coworking, of course, is CoinLab, of Seattle, which is where Nefario was headed when customs stopped him at the airport and after explaining his intention to pay expenses with bitcoins they made him go back home.

Yankee (BitInstant)

Charlie Van Bitcoin

View Profile

Ignore
May 01, 2012, 01:37:21 AM

This makes me sad, you party pooper. 8D  Well at least this means there's almost a 100% chance UsrLib.org will be the first in Nevada.

The first ever coworking, of course, is CoinLab, of Seattle, which is where Nefario was headed when customs stopped him at the airport and after explaining his intention to pay expenses with bitcoins they made him go back home.

How close are you? Im working with the designer now!

Hurry!

We should make a joint press release to get more good PR  Smiley

Tuxavant

View Profile WWW

Ignore
May 01, 2012, 01:39:40 AM

How close are you? Im working with the designer now!

I am still waiting to hear back from my original inquiry. If I don't hear something in the morning I'll call him. I'm not that tight with him, just had to do some creative calendaring with him in the past for the colo events.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.