Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:50:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FUD , Shills , Fanboys and Groupies  (Read 921 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

While looking for innovative partners and constructive community members in the most popular threads, I came to the conclusion that reading through threads here is now virtually pointless as objective conversation died long ago. there appear to be wars between holders of certain coins, and the sheer level of spamming must be at an all time high. People around here now attack other coins with spam and accusations (some of them warranted) , to the point where it gets to verbal abuse. Is this behavior indicative of the type of people in the alt-coin forum or is it another "extended summer" of some sort?

I thought my experience was bad, but sheesh!! there are some trolls, i guess that is why a lot of people have resorted to self moderated topics.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

Agreed. It's getting totally out of hands. I wasn't really fond of self-moderated threads at start but now I fully support them, otherwise it's just not sustainable. Find people you trust, follow their threads and ignore the rest.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:16:35 PM

If even Bitcoin core devs resort to this tactics, what can you expect from other mere mortals? Smiley
Unbelive

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:26:48 PM

Yes, and i understand, most trolls just want to make fool off you. But some are using such language, and is just tolerated. I dont understand that. You cant just say someone is nazi, is gay is ...
It is obvious, those trolls just want to bring bad feelings from those they mention and readers. I know moderators have lots of work, but is this forum we want? I even went to check forum rules yesterday and there is even spam forbidden.
Forum admins should try to find a way.

barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:34:02 PM

I also hear there is a post by an admin encouraging users to open new accounts if they have something to say that they do not want tied to their  usual account.

I think the antics on this sub forum are deplorable, attacks on race, religion and even person are just plain unacceptable.

If even Bitcoin core devs resort to this tactics, what can you expect from other mere mortals? Smiley

core devs are entitled to just as much freedom as everyone else, it just means that for the moment people are following your fork. Noone is still on the original chain as far as i know.

What worries me is the moderation policy or lack thereof, while forums are meant for free discussion , i think spam should not be accepted and certain words should not be used with abandon.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:06:47 PM

I also hear there is a post by an admin encouraging users to open new accounts if they have something to say that they do not want tied to their  usual account.

I think the antics on this sub forum are deplorable, attacks on race, religion and even person are just plain unacceptable.

core devs are entitled to just as much freedom as everyone else, it just means that for the moment people are following your fork. Noone is still on the original chain as far as i know.

What worries me is the moderation policy or lack thereof, while forums are meant for free discussion , i think spam should not be accepted and certain words should not be used with abandon.

This forum is on borrowed time.

Monero is the a big nail in the coffin...
Monero has created a Culture of Disinformation that would make Joseph Goebels blush.

It's dominated by teenies, coin scammers, botnet owners, asic scammers, etc...
There is absolutely no point to posting anything serious here.

All my posts are basically for amusement...
"Hero Members" should be embarassed they are addicted to this garbage.

Serious projects like PPC, Ripple, NXT, Etherium, etc... have their own forums and Reddit.  
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:30:17 PM

I also hear there is a post by an admin encouraging users to open new accounts if they have something to say that they do not want tied to their  usual account.

This forum is on borrowed time.

Monero is the a big nail in the coffin...
Monero has created a Culture of Disinformation that would make Joseph Goebels blush.

It's dominated by teenies, coin scammers, botnet owners, asic scammers, etc...
There is absolutely no point to posting anything serious here.

All my posts are basically for amusement...
"Hero Members" should be embarassed they are addicted to this garbage.

Serious projects like PPC, Ripple, NXT, Etherium, etc... have their own forums and Reddit.  

lol,

"Hero Members" should be embarrassed they are addicted to this garbage.

Thing is, even when you have a serious idea, it gets drowned out by the noise

I had a forum put up for my pursuits... it was a desert
var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:52:57 PM

I even went to check forum rules yesterday .................

Where are the forum rules posted?
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:37:59 PM

While looking for innovative partners and constructive community members in the most popular threads, I came to the conclusion that reading through threads here is now virtually pointless as objective conversation died long ago. there appear to be wars between holders of certain coins, and the sheer level of spamming must be at an all time high. People around here now attack other coins with spam and accusations (some of them warranted) , to the point where it gets to verbal abuse. Is this behavior indicative of the type of people in the alt-coin forum or is it another "extended summer" of some sort?

I thought my experience was bad, but sheesh!! there are some trolls, i guess that is why a lot of people have resorted to self moderated topics.

Myself, I'm kind-of fascinated by the goings-on around here - but that's because I see crypto as a whole as a real-time techno-socio-economic experiment. As is typical for field tests, there are certain drawbacks that surface which were never anticipated in the lab - but that's part of what field testing is for.

Still, I understand why you'd be ticked off. Really, this board is partly a Wild West saloon, partly an insane asylum Tongue and partly a 24/7 trade convention.

And I wouldn't miss it for the world...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:10:53 PM

this section is the less moderated.. is the centre of all that xD.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: