Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: node.js coins  (Read 1540 times)
BitCoinPokerBro (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:27:52 PM

Which is the best?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:43:16 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 11:28:05 AM by instacash

Is there any other apart from Crypti & NODE?
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 12:58:17 PM

Crypti & NODE are the only current Node.js based coins.

Crypti is a lot better in my opinion, but my opinion would be biased as I am an investor myself.
BitCoinPokerBro (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:59:05 PM

Is there any other apart from Crypti, NODE and this (latter just seen first time)?
Thought I saw 3 or 4 browsing the ann forum. Could be wrong though?
BitCoinPokerBro (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:00:40 PM

Crypti is a lot better in my opinion, but my opinion would be biased as I am an investor myself.

What is your personal opinion as to why Crypti is so much better than NODE. (other than the fact you have stake)
Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 01:11:05 PM

What is your personal opinion as to why Crypti is so much better than NODE. (other than the fact you have stake)

As I mentioned my opinion matters little as I'm an investor myself. But I invested into Crypti for these reasons (there are possibly many more depending on what you prefer)

- Professional Design (Visual) & Great Wallet UI
- Custom Blockchains Support (Releasing Soon)
- Introduction of 3 New PoS Algorithms
- Merchant Support built into core protocol (for better integration with storefronts)
- App Store Inside Wallet (To Be Released after Custom Blockchains) - This paired with Custom Blockchains Support could lead to all kinds of apps being created to function on the Crypti blockchain in the future.

Read the whitepaper (not really a whitepaper, just a write-up) for more info : https://github.com/crypti/whitepaper

If you're looking to invest, I suggest that you do some research into both Crypti & Node and make the decision yourself and not just take my word for it.
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:19:05 PM

As I mentioned my opinion matters little as I'm an investor myself. But I invested into Crypti for these reasons (there are possibly many more depending on what you prefer)

- Professional Design (Visual) & Great Wallet UI
- Custom Blockchains Support (Releasing Soon)
- Introduction of 3 New PoS Algorithms
- Merchant Support built into core protocol (for better integration with storefronts)
- App Store Inside Wallet (To Be Released after Custom Blockchains) - This paired with Custom Blockchains Support could lead to all kinds of apps being created to function on the Crypti blockchain in the future.

Read the whitepaper (not really a whitepaper, just a write-up) for more info : https://github.com/crypti/whitepaper

If you're looking to invest, I suggest that you do some research into both Crypti & Node and make the decision yourself and not just take my word for it.

I have invested in both, but XCR has a leap in front of Node however I think they both have great potential to become a unique coin.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:24:31 PM

Crypti and node seem pretty similar. The main difference is, that node was nearly free for the majority so that there maybe are a lot of sockpuppets dumping, what's creating pressure in price. I think if they succeed in the long run you could make more profit on node, because its cheaper. But that also depends on the devs and their releases...

I honestly don't think, there is much difference between coins in java or in node.js or whatsoever.
The main point is the features and marketing. And I think marketing is more and more important.
Times were changing. You can't just make a coin and everybody in this forum knows it like a year ago. Furthermore there are more and more people involved in coins, that are not related to the crypto community. Stellar and Socialbot are good examples for that.
BitCoinPokerBro (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:36:33 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 02:01:02 PM by BitCoinPokerBro

Thank you very much for the insight. And don't worry I would never invest in a coin without conducting due diligence. Although, comparing my perception of coin x to what others think is helpful in some cases.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:59:22 PM

all shit scam coins why even bother with this garbage tell me ?

~CfA~

Wulfcastle

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:48:37 PM

Thank you very much for the insight. And don't worry I would never invest in a coin without conducting due diligence. Although, comparing my perception of coin x to what others think is helpful in some cases.

No problem bud, happy to help.
DishCatcher

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:23:00 PM

Both XCR and NODE have potential to be huge but they still need to prove themselves first.
It's hard to tell which one or ones will succeed.

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:40:31 PM

off topic but, are there any pure python coins besides counterparty?
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:57:10 PM

off topic but, are there any pure python coins besides counterparty?

Pybc and the upcoming "credits" which has most source already available.
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:08:24 PM

I have been following both Crypti and Node very closely, and I have decided to abandon Node completely due to the incompetency of the developers.  Crypti devs are true professionals. 

The fact is, nobody knows anything about Node, and none of the developers are willing to share even the most basic information.  Nobody even knows how the forging process works.  They promised a whitepaper a few days before it started trading on BTER, and we haven't seen anything from them yet.  The only thing we know is that it is written in Node.js, and that it is a PoS-type coin.  That's it.  If you ask them any questions, they give you a canned response, telling you that it's in the works and that more information will be available soon. 

Crypti, on the other hand, is a polished product with better security, features, design, and support.  I highly recommend that you read the whitepaper to see how they use 3 algorithms for forging, which encourages users and merchants to use it.

Crypti has a Linux wallet, and they just announced that they are releasing the Windows wallet this weekend.  Now is a fantastic time to buy.

Your stance is correct but think about this: NODE is cheaper, more unpredictable, the risk is higher and so are potential revenues. The swings of price may be bigger, so it can be more attractive to many speculators.

forum.nem.io
Golden-Fox

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:49:13 PM

Crypti was totally custom made in Node and it has been doing very well since the beginning.It had some very good technological advancements compared to other coins which made it reach the success it did..
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

Someone else posted this and I agree:

"Technically, the Node wins.
Crypti big and heavy client, takes a lot of memory
Node fast, small blockchain, takes no more than 70 Mb of memory."
Kevinrasf

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

Someone else posted this and I agree:

"Technically, the Node wins.
Crypti big and heavy client, takes a lot of memory
Node fast, small blockchain, takes no more than 70 Mb of memory."

Well that is something that might be fixed, nothing critical.

www.heathenmead.com voor Honingwijnen en meer. betaal met Bitcoin.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:39:26 PM

Node whitepaper released a few minutes ago  Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDlGZn7sICIA8bUPhe6jPPzGOxA4YgTgi6J4XilFpgs/edit
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:05:11 PM

The approaches of Node vs Crypti have been totally different in terms of how they've arrived in the world. 

Crypti has been a masterclass in how to put a launch and system together.

Node's been pretty chaotic all along but the developers have always delivered in the end. I think it has plenty of unique developments still to come in the future. We'll see whether the wider world picks up on it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: