Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This week I bought >300 BTC (+700 before > 1000 total)  (Read 19056 times)
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:50:01 PM

$275
Time to buy more Smiley
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 04:10:30 PM

$275
Time to buy more Smiley

I might actually buy 10 coins at $200 for giggle and laugh.
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:33:47 AM

Still no proof = bullshit.

Also, first he buys 600 btc, then he asks for donations o_O
ask (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:13:44 PM

Update...
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:24:56 PM

325 was my "on the fence" price.

I jumped into bitcoin in March this year and it was kissing 400 something when I bought first. I think it was 490 or around there when I bought my first one. I bought a bit more over the next couple months and sold off when it was in the 600s and started dropping...cashed out, bought a sweet laptop and had pocket change left over. I set 300 as the buy back in price when I saw the overall downward trend. I didn't buy down though.

By the time this weekend's Wall happened I decided to make up the difference to one single coin off what I had left after cashing out. Right now it stands at a whopping 1btc and change. I am still a long term sort at heart overall so want some to hold, and other to spend, and other to play with...but truth be told, I'm somewhat still feeling it's going to drop into the 200s and there will be a big panic sell off, which would be when I actually jump back in with a substantial amount and buy as far down as it goes.

I just don't feel comfortable yet saying bitcoin has seen the bottom. It all has this sense of waiting on the other shoe to drop and then the way will become clear. It's just not now because it's sticking at 330s. If it was going up, it'd be into 400s by now without question. It doesn't have enough juice to get there but so far nobody's freaking out and selling off...

I see the bigger picture. I see bitcoin being a true game changer. I see industries overhauling their financial services platforms to incorporate bitcoin or even paying employees with it. I see corporations accommodating it. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere but up barring a mega crisis, but one that happens will impact more than just bitcoin. I fully believe and anticipate bitcoins long term value to be orders of magnitude higher than 300 bucks a pop or even 600. I think it's going UP and we'll play the daily swings and fluctuations, crashes and rallies until that happens.

I'm in for the duration.

I'm definitely buying back in if it hits below 300s into 200s or down...and will go ahead and jump in at 425 because, IMO, if it gets to that, it's on its way up.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
fewcoins

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 06:45:48 PM

I jumped into bitcoin in March this year and it was kissing 400 something when I bought first. I think it was 490 or around there when I bought my first one. I bought a bit more over the next couple months and sold off when it was in the 600s and started dropping...cashed out, bought a sweet laptop and had pocket change left over. I set 300 as the buy back in price when I saw the overall downward trend. I didn't buy down though.

By the time this weekend's Wall happened I decided to make up the difference to one single coin off what I had left after cashing out. Right now it stands at a whopping 1btc and change. I am still a long term sort at heart overall so want some to hold, and other to spend, and other to play with...but truth be told, I'm somewhat still feeling it's going to drop into the 200s and there will be a big panic sell off, which would be when I actually jump back in with a substantial amount and buy as far down as it goes.

I just don't feel comfortable yet saying bitcoin has seen the bottom. It all has this sense of waiting on the other shoe to drop and then the way will become clear. It's just not now because it's sticking at 330s. If it was going up, it'd be into 400s by now without question. It doesn't have enough juice to get there but so far nobody's freaking out and selling off...

I see the bigger picture. I see bitcoin being a true game changer. I see industries overhauling their financial services platforms to incorporate bitcoin or even paying employees with it. I see corporations accommodating it. Bitcoin isn't going anywhere but up barring a mega crisis, but one that happens will impact more than just bitcoin. I fully believe and anticipate bitcoins long term value to be orders of magnitude higher than 300 bucks a pop or even 600. I think it's going UP and we'll play the daily swings and fluctuations, crashes and rallies until that happens.

I'm in for the duration.

I'm definitely buying back in if it hits below 300s into 200s or down...and will go ahead and jump in at 425 because, IMO, if it gets to that, it's on its way up.

You are just like most... Buying at 300 or lower. You guys are just doing this to lower your cost average since you're in too deep! Point is this is what EVERYONE else is doing... How do you expect to make money in a market when you're just another sheep following the herd? Good luck to you all
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:08:47 PM

I'm in for the duration.

You are just like most... Buying at 300 or lower. You guys are just doing this to lower your cost average since you're in too deep! Point is this is what EVERYONE else is doing... How do you expect to make money in a market when you're just another sheep following the herd? Good luck to you all

Try reading what he posted next time. And just for the record, buying in a bear market is going against the herd.
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:24:49 PM

SHE.

I'm a woman...must I whip out the boobies?

Why does everyone keep referring to me as he?  Grin

But as for following the herd, I'm not worried about the herd. I PREFER to buy more bitcoin at lower prices than fewer bitcoin at higher prices.

I also sense there's something else about to happen and it'll drop some more and then comes a panic sell off. I want to buy that. If it doesn't happen and stays in this range awhile, so be it. I'll pick up more up to 425.

It's not a big failure to just wait it out a week to see what happens next before I make a move. I know exactly what *my* bottom is and what my max is (600) before I stop buying full btc and just go with partials.

The answer to your question is I'm not out to "make money in this market" because I'm not a market trader. I'm a shopper.

Boobies, remember?  Grin

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

I'm a woman...must I whip out the boobies?

Lips sealed

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:32:46 PM

OP still hasnt shown any proof as far as I can tell.

zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:36:12 PM

Not that I don't believe you, but proof of this 700BTC would be amazing.
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:43:53 PM

Didn't someone bring up an address showing these transactions a few pages back? I actually did (mostly) read through the whole thread. Could've sworn I saw a post about the transactions and it was 480 something?

K, I skimmed.

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Didn't someone bring up an address showing these transactions a few pages back? I actually did (mostly) read through the whole thread. Could've sworn I saw a post about the transactions and it was 480 something?

K, I skimmed.

His address was empty and had no transactions since september if were talking about the same thing
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:53:04 PM

May be. Just to be fair, if I had 700 bitcoins, I'd probably be on here telling everybody who'd listen, it'd be so cool. I still get little girl tingles over one bitcoin.  Grin

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:56:08 PM

...if I had 700 bitcoins, I'd probably be on here telling everybody who'd listen...

Buy the time you had  couple of hundred, you probably wouldn't.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:10:06 PM

I'm in for the duration.

Try reading what he posted next time. And just for the record, buying in a bear market is going against the herd.

you don't really expect that dude to make sense do you inca? were sheep following the herd cuz we buy when everyones panic selling lol thats rich.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:16:17 PM

I'm in for the duration.

you don't really expect that dude to make sense do you inca? were sheep following the herd cuz we buy when everyones panic selling lol thats rich.

He is just trolling because he is leveraged short and wants the market to go down. We are on opposing sides Smiley

Sorry serenities. I haven't met or knowingly discussed bitcoin with a single lady online until know. My bad.
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

All good.

She divorced.  Grin

fewcoins

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:34:08 PM

I don't know how you guys even knew that, that was weird... Regardless, everyone has stopped panic selling a while ago? Fishing for a bottom is what the herd is doing even to this very second
serenitys

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:08:29 PM

Then I'm definitely not part of the herd (never have been, really...) Was attempting to kick off a thread game in OT but Vod just crushed all my dreams of fun, merriment, and win. So eh.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: