Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:36:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's your emotional state at the moment?
Fear: All is lost gotta sell (SELL SELL SELL!!!)
Dispair: Some hope (ALL OR NOTHING!!!)
Frozen: I dunno anymore (Do nothing)
Hope: It will blow over. (HODL or BUY)
Optimism: It's gonna take off any minute (BUY BUY BUY!!!)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your emotional state at the moment?  (Read 2109 times)
Wilhelm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

Hello everyone,

Since BTC is making yet another dump I was interrested in your emotional state.
I'm interrested in the weak and strong hands within Bitcointalk.

I myself am hopeful but am prepared to loose it all.

I can understand people pulling out money in fear, and I can also see people buying into this oppurtunity.

Current situation is a hard place to be.

The poll alows vote changing so you can adjust if your emotional state changes.

Smiley

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Equus

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Why the long face?

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

Impatient.  I procrastinated, and now my money is trapped on its way to the exchange.

Everyone hold off on the rebound for three business days, okay?   

-.-. -.-. -- ..-.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:59:49 PM

I couldn't really vote one of those options.

I am simply serene.  My time horizon on bitcoin investment is long-term.  I have calculated what I believe will be a reasonable value for BTC in 2020.  All the market is doing is telling us the price today, right now.  If that price seems like a bargain, I buy more.

I'm not over-invested.  I don't care if the price drops to $20 or $2, as long as I see increasing adoption, transactions, and supporting infrastructure (lots of VC dollars, for example), I truly, honestly do not care about the price, other than as a measuring stick for a buying opportunity.
Wilhelm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:00:35 PM

Maybe there is no  rebound due to fiat trying to enter exchanges Smiley

Wilhelm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:02:20 PM

I couldn't really vote one of those options.

I am simply serene.  My time horizon on bitcoin investment is long-term.  I have calculated what I believe will be a reasonable value for BTC in 2020.  All the market is doing is telling us the price today, right now.  If that price seems like a bargain, I buy more.

I'm not over-invested.  I don't care if the price drops to $20 or $2, as long as I see increasing adoption, transactions, and supporting infrastructure (lots of VC dollars, for example), I truly, honestly do not care about the price, other than as a measuring stick for a buying opportunity.

OK that would make you optimistic on long term and a HODLer.
True my options are more short term based.

bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

Calm like the ocean. For me it's zero or the moon, if zero, so be it.  Smiley
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:04:48 PM

Calm, but I predict 300s, then steady rise, no bubble, to 1k again over the next 8mo.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:07:14 PM

Calm, but I predict 300s, then steady rise, no bubble, to 1k again over the next 8mo.

I'm thinking similarly. I am aiming to reenter in the $300-360 range, with bids weighted towards bottom. If it looks to V bottom, I'll market buy in whatever didn't get hit. I think we should rally nicely off there, but I agree, no bubble.

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:10:55 PM

I'm thinking similarly. I am aiming to reenter in the $300-360 range, with bids weighted towards bottom. If it looks to V bottom, I'll market buy in whatever didn't get hit. I think we should rally nicely off there, but I agree, no bubble.

Anything is possible. Why no bubble when all of bitcoins preceding history is one of repeated bubbles and bursts?
Wilhelm (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:12:45 PM

Anything is possible. Why no bubble when all of bitcoins preceding history is one of repeated bubbles and bursts?

The usual answer is, if you expect a bubble it will not come.
I myself am hoping for a bubble Smiley

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:14:46 PM

What is more likely as a scenario - that the market moves against the group think on this forum. Or that bears get to buy in at a fantastic entry and the price just serenely rises from there with no bubble or burst. LOL.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

I feel nothing. It's a multi year deal for me.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:41:19 PM

Optimism.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:43:22 PM

I voted for :

>>Frozen: I dunno anymore (Do nothing)   
BusyBeaverHP

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:51:54 PM

As long as the underlying protocol hasn't been compromised, the fundamentals will survive economics and politics. Carry on.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

Bored.

ed: also what the guy above me said. fundamentals is 100% of the law.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
thehappybtc

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:06:38 PM

I will hold long term, pretty confident the price will recover.

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

At first when it all started to go down, I started to question.

Now over the months, I have matured so to say. I see the potential here. I realize nothing like this takes hold in a month, or a year even... it takes lots of time.

Im holding what little I do have ( a few BTC ) for sunnier days. I have not really "lost" money for the ways of getting BTC which for me is mining, is already paid for so besides power... is not really a "loss" for me.

It is what it is, out of my control.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:14:19 PM

Unhappy. I have fiat debts so can't take advantage of the low prices.  Sad

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:16:37 PM

What is more likely as a scenario - that the market moves against the group think on this forum. Or that bears get to buy in at a fantastic entry and the price just serenely rises from there with no bubble or burst. LOL.

The thing is, I don't think this forum is very representative of the market. And that goes for both bulls and bears (though this forum tends to lean bull, naturally, since it's a bitcoin forum)....

There very well may be a bubble, but predicting the timing is impossible. The action following the last bubble is very different than any of the others. I tend to think we will range for quite some time (if we don't continue in full bear mode to double digits, anyway Tongue).

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: