Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:56:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions about this forum  (Read 1094 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:42:23 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 03:44:31 PM by awesome31312

Hello guys, I am new, you may not believe I am because of my post count or joining date, but I actually am quite new, I didn't start posting till the first of September.

First of all, why are so many here so poor? It seems that everyone will do simple tasks for you for as little as 0.001 BTC (which is half a dollar) and still be happy with it, just like the economy in China.

And second, why do many users have such horrible spelling on the forum? I am not trying to be rude here, I'm sorry if I sound that way, but everyone seems so grammatically challenged. I mean, aren't they supposed to have built in spell check on their browsers? A few typos would be acceptable, but for people who claim to be Americans ought to have better spelling and grammar right?

Finally, why do some people write in annoying, bigass fonts and colors, then bold and italicize their messages?

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:58:25 PM

I didn't start posting till the first of September.

What is this:

With bitcoins I'm mining at 75 MH/s
4mBTC / day

I'm only mining for fun and not trying to make a living out of it. However, I've heard LTC is better?

It looks like you started posing 15 months ago in May 2013.

Or did you purchase this account from someone?

First of all, why are so many here so poor? It seems that everyone will do simple tasks for you for as little as 0.001 BTC (which is half a dollar) and still be happy with it, just like the economy in China.

There are poor people everywhere.  Some of them have discovered bitcoin, discovered this forum, and are hoping that bitcoin will be a better way to earn money than some of the other things they've tried in their lives.

people who claim to be Americans ought to have better spelling and grammar right?

People who live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones. You've got some grammar problems in your own posts here.

Finally, why do some people write in annoying, bigass fonts and colors, then bold and italicize their messages?

To be annoying.  Much like yourself.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:06:20 PM

Wow you stalker, you dug through my 2013 posts, bravo!

Like I said, I wasn't very active back then, there were only a few posts about armory or mining.

My grammar inconsistencies are quite minor when you compare them to most of the posters here.

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

Wow you stalker, you dug through my 2013 posts, bravo!

Like I said, I wasn't very active back then, there were only a few posts about armory or mining.

My grammar inconsistencies are quite minor when you compare them to most of the posters here.

Perhaps it's because this is an international forum with users of every age and many are not native speakers?

no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:21:27 PM

Ummm, technically 99% of the population is poor compared to the top 1%. So, I really don't understand that point.

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:32:36 PM

Not everyone here are native English speakers.
While there are some local subforums for non-English speakers https://bitcointalk.org/index.php#5, they are not as active as the main section.

torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:09:20 AM

[...] First of all, why are so many here so poor? It seems that everyone will do simple tasks for you for as little as 0.001 BTC (which is half a dollar) and still be happy with it, just like the economy in China. [...]

Bitcoin is great for people who want to transfer small amounts of money. Other services would eat all the money away with their fees.
Half a dollar might not be much for you but it can be allot for others.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:37:20 AM

Hello guys, I am new, you may not believe I am because of my post count or joining date, but I actually am quite new, I didn't start posting till the first of September.

As already shown before, it seems that you are not really being sincere with us right from start.

0.001 BTC IS 0.001 BTC. half a dollar is half a dollar. Different things. Not everyone here necessarily thinks on USD terms, after all USDs are worthless if compared to Bitcoin.

And second, why do many users have such horrible spelling on the forum? I am not trying to be rude here, I'm sorry if I sound that way, but everyone seems so grammatically challenged. I mean, aren't they supposed to have built in spell check on their browsers? A few typos would be acceptable, but for people who claim to be Americans ought to have better spelling and grammar right?

I guess you are not fluent in any foreign language... are you? I hope so, because it would be a shame if you had such perfect English and that's all. Many people here, from so many parts of the world might (or might not) have perfect mastering of their own mother tongue, and still are able to (at least) communicate in a second, third... foreign language. Do you?

I really think you need some time away from the computer... you act like a freak...

cheers
Vslacha

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:42:34 AM

I think they want to get the attention of the other members.
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:56:50 AM

"grammatical inconsistencies".

Hope that helps.

I won't bother addressing your questions because quite frankly, they/you don't deserve to be taken seriously.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 07:09:18 AM

Members here willing to help other people out for a low fee doesn't mean they are poor. I have seen some tasks here that would literally take a minute. I do not believe there is a problem with earning a dollar for a minute's work.
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:05:46 PM

"grammatical inconsistencies".

Hope that helps.

I won't bother addressing your questions because quite frankly, they/you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

That was a typo...

If you look at how I use "grammatical inconsistencies" in my other posts you'll see it's correct

TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

As already shown before, it seems that you are not really being sincere with us right from start.

I wouldn't stress that point too much. If he made the account a long time ago, made a few posts, and then the account was dormant, and he recently started posting again, in his mind it might feel as he 'just started now'.

While his claim was technically incorrect, I don't think we should obsess over it. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: