Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OFFICIAL VOTE for Boolberry (BBR) Renaming/Rebranding!  (Read 4578 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crypto_zoidberg

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 10:53:02 PM

Vortex
Has this passed crypto_zoidberg?

Sure. It was not easiest decision, but we finally decided to come up with new name and brand before major development steps.

I'm personaly in love with Rune because it have slight hint to technology: "Runes" is derived from "secret, mistery" and was used to refer to ancient cipher.... that was often hard or impossible to read, and that's exactly reflects CryptoNote blockchain, which is hard to analyze as well!

I vote for Rune!

Zoidberg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

Rune

I think finally a name that sounds better than Ether (Ether = great name for a unit of their project).

Am I spamming? Report me!
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:01:36 PM

My vote is for rune too
apex944

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:11:36 PM

Hodler of BBR, BTCD, NXT and TOKEN.... Votes for RUNE

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:19:37 PM

Just to mention, there is already a coin called Vortex

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777508.0

Given the choices, I vote Rune. I think the names can definitely grow on you.

However it's a broad term, ripple had purchasing power to secure ripple.com and associate the term ripple with their project, not sure the same could happen here, runescape is pretty well known

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:28:34 PM

Looks like Vortex got taken just now after the poll was launched.  Roll Eyes

RUNE for me is best  Smiley
windjc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:29:40 PM

Given the choices, I vote Rune

As that other coins rebrand came out after this poll was announced, they have no direct claim on that name in my opinion. However, there are other variations of Vortex that can be used, such as Vortec.

However we will cross this bridge when we come to it. A domain has already been secured for this name, fyi, in case it wins. We will not back away from the name with the most votes, in any case.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:33:43 PM

Rune, tho' I did kinda like Boolberry....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:38:58 PM

Given the choices, I vote Rune

As that other coins rebrand came out after this poll was announced, they have no direct claim on that name in my opinion. However, there are other variations of Vortex that can be used, such as Vortec.

However we will cross this bridge when we come to it. A domain has already been secured for this name, fyi, in case it wins. We will not back away from the name with the most votes, in any case.

Oh right, Didn't realise they just snatched it now.

IMO vortex doesn't really work. You couldn't ask someone to send you 25 vortexes. Plus it's a bit edgy, like linkin park edgy. Doesn't come across so professional. I think it conjures up images of bitcoin-qt clone by teenage dev team or some sort of hackforums project.

Asking to send/receive 25 runes works though. Very simple and doesn't have inclusion of Bit, coin etc.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 12:42:00 AM

Rune sounds good to me too.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:44:28 AM

Out of the three choices available, I vote for Rune.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:45:59 AM

Whatever I don't care what it's called.....it's about the evolving tech to me

Jon

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
hornyPo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:53:18 AM

I like Rune too. But it is a generic name. A non generic name should be better so as second i would vote for Secore .

If most vote for Rune which Rune Symbol we choose?

BBR: @hornypo
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

However it's a broad term, ripple had purchasing power to secure ripple.com and associate the term ripple with their project, not sure the same could happen here, runescape is pretty well known

I think this is a very important point. You're not gonna get rune.com, and I doubt you will ever come up as the first result if someone searches for "rune" in google. All three options probably suffer from this same problem, except maybe secore (secore.com is not available and I imagine google will just autocorrect people to "secure"). For this reason I'll abstain from voting; I think this is a bad idea, given the options available.
hornyPo

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:02:38 AM

I think this is a very important point. You're not gonna get rune.com, and I doubt you will ever come up as the first result if someone searches for "rune" in google. All three options probably suffer from this same problem, except maybe secore (secore.com is not available and I imagine google will just autocorrect people to "secure"). For this reason I'll abstain from voting; I think this is a bad idea, given the options available.

This is also a reason why i prefer a fantasy (non generic) name.

enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:05:09 AM

For this reason I'll abstain from voting; I think this is a bad idea, given the options available.

+1

I also abstain from voting.

hornyPo

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:15:26 AM

For this reason I'll abstain from voting; I think this is a bad idea, given the options available.

+1

I also abstain from voting.

If i would have i choice i would keep also Boolberry.

sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:18:32 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 03:21:28 AM by sonoIO

Honestly, i liked BoolBerry from when i first heard it, but would always vote for BazaarNote and keep the same logo Smiley I do not think the name is too important if it does not have some bad connotation, so Rune is fine as it is short, strong and easy to remember. But the point that it will never pop up first in google search seems valid
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:45:41 AM

Rune sounds mystical, i like it

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

windjc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:24:30 AM

Good point. Smiley However I think you might be underestimating the SEO skills of some of the people on our team. I personally have over 5 years in SEO experience and have ranked sites at the top of search engines with much more competitive terms than Rune, Secore, or Vortex.

If Rune gets choosen, it will eventually rank at the top of the search engines in my honest opinion.Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: