Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have a "Digital Commodity" since BTC is a Digital Currency?  (Read 2377 times)
faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 01:27:07 AM

If you work for McCool International, you are not allowed to give us your SSN or your real name. We operate on pseudonymns only. So, there will be no taxation. We have similar arrangements with our suppliers, and have a vertically integrated supply chain that is all operating pseudonymously without any reporting. Soon our inexepensive manufactured products will be available at black markets near you, and since we avoid all the bullshit middlemen and taxation we can certainly undercut the "lol abiding" (as we like to call them) competition.
Buzzwords detected, reading and comprehension threads forcibly aborted.
+1
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuzzy (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 02:41:58 AM

If you work for McCool International, you are not allowed to give us your SSN or your real name. We operate on pseudonymns only. So, there will be no taxation. We have similar arrangements with our suppliers, and have a vertically integrated supply chain that is all operating pseudonymously without any reporting. Soon our inexepensive manufactured products will be available at black markets near you, and since we avoid all the bullshit middlemen and taxation we can certainly undercut the "lol abiding" (as we like to call them) competition.

The most pure form of capitalism.

Down!
 Cheesy
With ALL the things!
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 02:45:31 AM

The IRS does not tax "intangible religious benefits." Money donated to a church for which you are not compensated for in anything other than 'intangible religious benefits' is tax deductible.

So obviously the solution is to design a currency denominated in intangible religious benefits.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 02:50:29 AM

The IRS does not tax "intangible religious benefits." Money donated to a church for which you are not compensated for in anything other than 'intangible religious benefits' is tax deductible.

So obviously the solution is to design a currency denominated in intangible religious benefits.
Prepaid sin cards, reloadable at the nearest place of worship?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 03:49:09 AM

I would love to see a simple majority of U.S. Citizens for one year take their maximum exemptions on the W-4 and the next April they don’t send money but instead send a form letter simply stating, “Hey remember that No War For Oil thing – I meant it!”
That would give a whole new meaning to prison overcrowding. Trust the government to try it anyway.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Fuzzy (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 11:46:24 AM

Like Reddit Karma?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 11:51:03 AM

Like Reddit Karma?

Yeah... bitkarma tokens, virtual holy protection against bad karma

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2012, 12:10:41 PM

I would love to see a simple majority of U.S. Citizens for one year take their maximum exemptions on the W-4 and the next April they don’t send money but instead send a form letter simply stating, “Hey remember that No War For Oil thing – I meant it!”

+1 I'd be willing to give up a lot to see this.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 04:53:22 PM

Prepaid sin cards, reloadable at the nearest place of worship?

I kowtow (WOTD) to the image below.

blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Like Reddit Karma?

Yeah... bitkarma tokens, virtual holy protection against bad karma

But I already get intangible spiritual benefits from my bitcoins. Don't you?

Satoshi is my god, and bitcointalk.org is my place of worship.

Although I suppose for it to be recognised as a "religion" we might need a pope and/or devil figure. Any suggestions? Krugman perhaps? Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: