Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [poll] What should new Boolberry name be - or should it stay the same?
Rune - 20 (22%)
Secore - 3 (3.3%)
Vortex - 2 (2.2%)
Boolberry - 57 (62.6%)
BitRing - 4 (4.4%)
Boollion - 5 (5.5%)
Total Voters: 91

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial Boolberry Namechange Poll (Keep boolberry is an option)  (Read 6011 times)
robinwilliams (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:46:14 PM

My posts keep getting deleted in the official one and I DO OWN some boolberry and want to vote for the existing name.  And have a poll (please don't vote if you don't own some).

See this of the other censored poll without the option to keep boolberry  Roll Eyes

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786527.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OrientA

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:19:49 AM

Boolberry
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:13:01 PM

We didn't ask to change the name, as the OP clearly shows.

We sure as Hell didn't vote on a slate of three absolutely awful replacement candidates.

We want normal people to use BBR, not just greasy teenage virgins who wear rad vintage AC/DC and Metallica tshirts like their heroes Beavis & Butthead.

"Rune?"  No.  Not just no, but hell no.  'Boolberry' is lighthearted and fun.  "Rune" is all dark and angst-ridden, like a smelly trench coat mom needs to have dry-cleaned.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:06:12 PM

Needs to stay boolberry and yes I hold.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
matrix961

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

I honestly think they should have had a community "Brainstorming" thread where everyone could have discussed a few more name choices to vote on. Then do a final vote along with the original three they came up with.

I honestly don't mind boolberry at all, I personally like bitberry myself since it's shorter and easy to say. I think that domain isn't available tho.

The other thing is that I really like the current logo. I'd stay with boolberry if it meant having to choose one of the current three.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:31:52 PM

Thank you for creating this thread.

BBR devs seem to enjoy disrespecting the BBR community. Why else would they not even have an option to keep the name Boolberry?

Time for new management imo
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:47:20 PM

I honestly think they should have had a community "Brainstorming" thread where everyone could have discussed a few more name choices to vote on. Then do a final vote along with the original three they came up with.

I honestly don't mind boolberry at all, I personally like bitberry myself since it's shorter and easy to say. I think that domain isn't available tho.

The other thing is that I really like the current logo. I'd stay with boolberry if it meant having to choose one of the current three.
This is what was done for the previous polls, and there was no consensus because everyone had their own favorite name. And when one did have some consensus it wasn't possible because of domains, etc.

Thank you for creating this thread.

BBR devs seem to enjoy disrespecting the BBR community. Why else would they not even have an option to keep the name Boolberry?

Time for new management imo
When CZ decided on Boolberry, everyone was outraged because that wasn't even suggested before (it was a combination of two suggested names). The reason there is no option to keep Boolberry is because there has been four months of bashing "Boolberry". Now all the sudden people love that name.

How is getting the community's opinion on three possible options "disrespectful" to the community? The vast majority of things are named by their creator. The community has no entitlement to decide the name of something, and it is unheard of for the community to be given any options at all in the name of something. The vitriol over the name is ridiculous.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:57:09 PM

When CZ decided on Boolberry, everyone was outraged because that wasn't even suggested before (it was a combination of two suggested names). The reason there is no option to keep Boolberry is because there has been four months of bashing "Boolberry". Now all the sudden people love that name.

How is getting the community's opinion on three possible options "disrespectful" to the community? The vast majority of things are named by their creator. The community has no entitlement to decide the name of something, and it is unheard of for the community to be given any options at all in the name of something. The vitriol over the name is ridiculous.

Thanks for the background surfer.  I'd forgotten most of that old drama from last season of All My Altcoins.    Tongue

The warming up to BBR happend over time, not "all the sudden."  Since CZ imposed BBR months ago, his coin has enjoyed great success that puts almost any other altcoin to shame. 

BBR is working.  It isn't broken and doesn't need fixing.  BBR clearly has a bright future.  RUNE, not so much...

The "disrespect" comes from a pre-made decision being dressed up as the consensus of the community, with dissenting posts being deleted, rigged ballots, etc.

Ancient history aside, the current consensus of the community is to keep the name BBR, and that the name Rune is insultingly godawful.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:59:08 PM

haha - unofficial more popular than the official one  Grin

oh well - good to see something besides the monero threads  Roll Eyes  hope boolberry beats their retard ass

var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:59:58 PM

There is already a vortex coin, so you can't use that name. Here's the vortex coin thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777508.0
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM

I suggested boolberry better than all three suggested names in the "official" thread. My post was deleted there. I am not buying BBR.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:31:57 PM

I suggested boolberry better than all three suggested names in the "official" thread. My post was deleted there. I am not buying BBR.

This is election fraud.  We didn't ask for a name change, we don't like the 3 godawful choices, and our dissent is being censored.

EG

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I dont understand everyone wanting to go for Rune or Vortex as a name. Its like someone just came from playing a session of Mortal Kombat and decided to grab a few words out of the playing manual.

At least with Boolberry it was something interesting - the other 2 choice are just so drab i cant begin to express how shit i feel they are - absolutely zero relation to what the project is about and has ties to weird mythical/druid/time travel...great...

Grin Grin Grin

"Mortal Kombat manual"

lol.  so rekt.

Vote for Sektor! 

The best name chosen from the MK manual.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:34:21 PM

Also had deleted posts. Just put every last one of my BBR up for sale.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 08:50:50 PM

I'm sticking with my original thought when this name change thing was brought up in May.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=618470.msg6880715#msg6880715

RINGS is the best name for a CN coin. Not Rune or Vortex. Why not just call it cyclopse or storm or wolver... you know.

XRG XRN XRS XOO

The last one is two rings, see what I did there?  Wink

or.... just leave the name alone. BBR is just fine.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:19:53 PM

When CZ decided on Boolberry, everyone was outraged because that wasn't even suggested before (it was a combination of two suggested names). The reason there is no option to keep Boolberry is because there has been four months of bashing "Boolberry".

My recollection is that he came up with the name. People complained and he offered the opportunity to suggest replacement names. He didn't like any of those names, so he kept Boolberry. I could be wrong, that is just from memory.

Now all the sudden people love that name.

My observation is that complaints about the name have gone away over time, especially once the price started going up. I don't think it is sudden at all.
robinwilliams (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:20:57 PM

I'm sticking with my original thought when this name change thing was brought up in May.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=618470.msg6880715#msg6880715

RINGS is the best name for a CN coin. Not Rune or Vortex. Why not just call it cyclopse or storm or wolver... you know.

XRG XRN XRS XOO

The last one is two rings, see what I did there?  Wink

or.... just leave the name alone. BBR is just fine.

what about bitring?
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:24:12 PM

When CZ decided on Boolberry, everyone was outraged because that wasn't even suggested before (it was a combination of two suggested names). The reason there is no option to keep Boolberry is because there has been four months of bashing "Boolberry".

My recollection is that he came up with the name. People complained and he offered the opportunity to suggest replacement names. He didn't like any of those names, so he kept Boolberry. I could be wrong, that is just from memory.

Now all the sudden people love that name.

My observation is that complaints about the name have gone away over time, especially once the price started going up. I don't think it is sudden at all.

He did come up with the name and I immediately liked it - everything about it was perfect for the target audience - which isn't "basement dwelling neckbeards" as someone hilariously put it.

I had a pm exchange with zoidberg at the time, as well as posting publicly, and like to think that I played some small part in resisting a change back then.
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:54:50 PM

Boolberry stands out. Rune is open the dictionary and point at a word and get another name for 1 in 1000 altcoin.

If you are going to change the name, it needs to standout more than Rune.

Why not Bools? Keep continuity and shorten the name and discard the silly berries.

Or Boollars or BBollars.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:59:21 PM

Boolberry stands out. Rune is open the dictionary and point at a word and get another name for 1 in 1000 altcoin.

Why not Bools? Keep continuity and shorten the name and discard the silly berries.

Or Boollars or BBollars.

I like Bools somewhat. The argument about dropping the berries make some sense. Boollars or BBollars are terrible.
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:05:50 AM

Or Boollars or BBollars.

I like Bools somewhat. The argument about dropping the berries make some sense. Boollars or BBollars are terrible.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bool

However, it has allowed me to learn a new word..... buttbagging.  Shocked
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: